Spring sniper rifle suggestions please.

ikarma70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a sniper rifle and my options are as follows.

Jg bar 10.

APS m40a3

Cyma 702

Ares striker

Svd springer of some sort.

I kept some of my vsr upgrades from my tm vsr pro sniper days, I have the silencer adapter, mosquito molds upgrade cylinder with m140 and 150 springs.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy

If you are upgrading then the JG is a sold I'd option as you seem to already have a bunch of parts for it.

The mags are small, lightweight and fit into pistol mag pouches so can be carried in the minimal of it.

I really like the look of the ARES striker and the 45 round mag is a bonus.

Short pull, AEG springs, VSR compatible in other areas.

It's a relative new comer and I've not had any first hand experience with one but a buddy of mine really likes his.

I. Not a fan of SVD springers. I have short arms. The long stock coupled with the bolt handle being quite a ways forward makes it awkward for me. They aren't so bad in a shoot and scoot style of game but if you have crawled into a concealed position it can be more troublesome on obvious when you re-cock the thing.

I have an M40a5 and really like the ergonomics of it. No idea on the performance of the APS one but it will be really comfortable to hold and shoot.

I know nothing about the Cyma so cannot offer any constructive opinions on that I'm afraid.

I share your views on the striker, I wouldn't usually buy an Ares gun(especially after the honey badger) but I really do like the striker and would happily buy one.

The Cyma 702 is a vsr copy that does close to 500fps from the box and has 3 mags.

Archived