gas rifle

springster999
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon,

Iam new to airsoft in and will be joining a few friends who will also be going for the first time. As we are all extremely keen in picking this up we have been browsing for weapons etc once we have completed the requirements. I have seen the rifle that I would like to get but am unsure whether I would be allowed to use it at any sites once purchased.

Most sitest around my area have a fps limit which is understandable however I only see limits for aeg,snipers and dmrs. My question is what does a gas operated rifle come under. I think the rifle I was looking at has a fps of around 380 but I would have to double check. Sorry for being a noob but I look forward to the replys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its a bolt action single shot you can use the same rules as a sniper.

Most sites will allow DMR rules if its locked to semi and some allow 3 round burst.

AEG rules apply if its full auto.

Chances are it will need a NPAS to reduce the FPS/Joule output.

Always check with the site you are playing at.

I think you should avoid buying a GBBR as a first rifle, especially while you are still learning the ins and outs of airsoft and the rules. GBBRs are not ideal as a first gun as they can be temperamental especially in winter. They also will most likely shoot higher than the fps limits in the UK. They can also be unreliable if you buy certain brands.

Okay so I just double checked it's got fire modes semi and auto. By locked down do mean that iam only allowed to keep in in semi mode or does it need to be locked down by the retailer.

All the sites I know require it to be locked in semi only and not switch-able.

As above though wouldn't recommend Gas as a first gun.

• Supporters

I also third, GBBRs are not a good place to start TBH especially if you want one straight away.

If I were you play the three games needed to get a UKARA to see if you like it, then get an AEG g&g combat machines are a good place to start.

If you're really set on a GBBR then get one made by GHK, they are expensive as hell.

I agree with the guys above before I started airsoft I bought some clunky gbbr and regret it sooooo much (I know im a d*ck) if your a seriously interested in airsoft play 3 games with a hire gun then if you still love it for for a G&G they are in my opinion one of the best companies for starters

Thanks for this guys its really useful info. Why do you guys recommend not getting a GBBR as a first rifle and going for a AEG. Is it because of maintenance of the rifles or the understanding of how they handle.

With regards UKARA yeah I will complete all the required pre-requisites for being able to by my own RIF. Ill have to do some saving as I don't currently have the funds for a decent purchase.

Don't get me wrong I love Gas guns but they require more maintenance and initial setup. They are better in the summer than winter due to gas temperatures and they do vent the gas at times which is bloody annoying!

AEG are more consistent.

Magazines are the next issue, Various capacity of AEG mags are available for under £20. GBB mags are expensive in comparison and hold around 30 rounds.

If your anything like I was when I started and full auto anything that moves you need plenty of mags so GBB is fun but wouldn't keep you playing long!

I have both and use both but if I want to just have an easy fun game then I use the AEG, if I feel serious and want realism I use the GBB.

Everyone is different and its your choice but GBB will cost a lot more than AEG.

All I can recommend is do some research into what you like whether its M4 based or AK etc.

Decide what suits the load-out/style you want.

Go to a shop, ask questions, hold guns and get a feel of the guns some are more comfortable than others.

Don't rush and buy something you will regret!

Are you all over 18? Do you have UKARA?

Yes iam over 18. No I currently do not hold UKARA. However I have started the process for this.

All I can recommend is do some research into what you like whether its M4 based or AK etc.

Decide what suits the load-out/style you want.

Go to a shop, ask questions, hold guns and get a feel of the guns some are more comfortable than others.

Don't rush and buy something you will regret!

Thank you very much Brauster you have been very helpful.

If £550 is your budget and your heart is really set on a GBBR, I highly recommend the GHK M4 platform to begin with.

It has excellent build quality and in and out.

Once you go have your VCRA defence, go to https://samoon.com.tw/ and pick one up along with a 1j bolt and you'll be good to go.

As for maintenance, give it a good lube regularly and clean out the inner barrel and you're pretty much on point.

I'm a tool with tools and even I can get a bog standard one to look half decent with minimal effort.

And the internals of a GBBR are far less complicated than the workings of the gearbox in an AEG.

If you still feel a bit unsure, go for a Tokyo Marui recoil series (AR15, HK416, SCAR's, G36's AK's), excellent performance straight out of the box.

xD00ST.jpg

This is the one that i have been looking at. Obviously i have been window shopping but really like this rifle

https://www.bbguns4less.co.uk/products/we-g39c-ras-carbine-replica-gbb-airsoft-rifle-in-black.html

I would have to reduce the FPS on this one with a NPAS but have seen it is extremely easy to do by myself. not half bad with a set of tools and fiddly little bits.

Find a local retailer and look at it in person. Pics can be very misleading.

Ask around at the site you will be playing at as well.

I also third, GBBRs are not a good place to start TBH especially if you want one straight away.

If I were you play the three games needed to get a UKARA to see if you like it, then get an AEG g&g combat machines are a good place to start.

If you're really set on a GBBR then get one made by GHK, they are expensive as hell.

Or A two tone G&G CM16 right now to save the hire costs. :) Particularly if he's in a group of beginners having a gun to practice/mess around with, might not be a terrible idea - if everyone puts in a share or something.

Find a local retailer and look at it in person. Pics can be very misleading.

Ask around at the site you will be playing at as well.

That is not the only thing wrong with that post. lol.

OP Don't shop at BB-in-the-name stores.

Try, Patrolbase, firesupport, Landwarriorairsoft, JDairsoft, taiwangun(pl), gunfire(pl). There are many others, but these are the only places i've shopped and would recommend.

This is the one that i have been looking at. Obviously i have been window shopping but really like this rifle

https://www.bbguns4less.co.uk/products/we-g39c-ras-carbine-replica-gbb-airsoft-rifle-in-black.html

I would have to reduce the FPS on this one with a NPAS but have seen it is extremely easy to do by myself. not half bad with a set of tools and fiddly little bits.

With those you'd be pissing your money into the wind. WE rifles in general are fairly mediocre, the G36's are bloody horrendous.

Try, Patrolbase, firesupport, Landwarriorairsoft, JDairsoft, taiwangun(pl), gunfire(pl). There are many others, but these are the only places i've shopped and would recommend.

Didn't want to slate a company I've not dealt with but I wouldn't use any company with BB in their title!

Didn't want to slate a company I've not dealt with but I wouldn't use any company with BB in their title!

Its almost an official policy of this forum to warn people against them. :)

The main problem with them is that they charge a lot (because who would imagine airsoft shops are a real thing, really?) and make out that things are either better than they are or are suitable for airsoft when they're not.

I'm starting to wonder if most of their business is from airsofters that search for BB rather than airsoft 'guns' when starting out.

One thing I would say is no matter how good a company makes any Gun there will always be something you don't like or want to change to make it more unique/personal. I've bought top end guns and still spent money to improve them further!

Problem is without experience you don't always know what is going to work best for you and where you need to spend that money hence I say don't rush!

Or A two tone G&G CM16 right now to save the hire costs. :) Particularly if he's in a group of beginners having a gun to practice/mess around with, might not be a terrible idea - if everyone puts in a share or something.

To be honest I have seen the same rifle with JDairsoft to about the same price. With regards to rifles I am always up for suggestions. I just wanted to be slightly different and as I have always loved the G36 in real life. I thought about getting it. I ve seen it in real life and still love the absolute simplicity of it.

From what I seen most people either use a M4 variant of some sort or a AK variant.

Archived