Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

not on facebook....

shame, but i couldn't get there anyway....:(

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

SITE NOW CLOSED

Email from Fire Support

'Hi Folks,

Saturday just gone was our final game date at RAF Upwood, so Urban Assault, sadly, has now closed.

We have been on a very short notice due to the land owner's generosity in allowing us to be there until the last minute, so we did only find
out last week! We announced it on Saturday at the game so some of you will already know this. It was a brilliant day and whether that made 
a difference to players attitudes, or it was just a good crowd, it was a fitting last day for the site. As we all know the attitude of the group on the day makes all the difference to how the day goes and I am sure many of you have had les than perfect days there. I feel on the whole the feedback we have assures us we ran a good site, and we are often supported on so called terrible days with e-mails and posts from players defending the site and letting us know how good a day they have had, despite opinions saying otherwise, that is always good and helpful to know! We have done our best to run it well, sometimes you just can't win though! 

As a rule the players at Upwood have been great guys, I have got to know a lot of you well ( not intimately ) and many many of you have made the site what it has been all these years. Some of you are just moaning pricks who will never be happy I am afraid! Thankfully there have been less of the later and I hope most of you view the site positively and are sad to see it go, as we are.

I want to thank those of you in the former category above for your business, your support ( especially on clean up days!) and your invaluable association with that site, it has been great to run, it has been a long few years and I could not have done it without both Ian's and the marshals that have helped them. I think we have had the site slightly over 15 years and some of you on Saturday attended those first early days! Well done for sticking with the site, it speaks volumes to know we have kept you happy enough to come back for so long.

Thank you to you all, I will miss some of you, and hope to see many of you at the woodland site. That will still be running, at the moment every 4 weeks. I am going to go back to every 2 weeks ( in time) and if the demand is there that other date may be a Saturday? 

Your Urban UKARA numbers will all still remain valid as they are part of FFZ, BUT, you will need to renew at expiry at the woodland site, so bear that in mind.  There is no fee for joining or renewing at FFZ.

Thanks again to all of you, and in particular the guys that ran it, and helped run it. I owe you a lot more thanks than I can put here!

Those of you that I do not see at woodland, I wish all the best in your gaming elsewhere, but do give FFZ a try. The nettles aren't that bad!

Best wishes,

John, Frank and all the team that ran Urban Assault from the earliest days, to the recent ones.

• djben9 changed the title to Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

Trouble is they never run the FFZ games that often maybe once per month.  

• Moderators

ive never played there but may start to...any good?

Now im only down for GMA/TG and need to get my ass to SWAS!

Its ok but I am not a fan of woodland sites anyway.

• Moderators

same here, like a bit of 'urban' in them!

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 13:22, djben9 said:

ive never played there but may start to...any good?

Now im only down for GMA/TG and need to get my ass to SWAS!

Come to SWAS on the 30th mate, they are having a pyro event at least 6 of my group going. Lots of stuff going bang. We play there a lot now. Good fun and a friendly site.

Archived