Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking to go to this site and the other one near bourne.

I want to go a couple times a month and possibly find a team who do these milsim things ive been seeing on youtube.

Dont know anyone there and i have an anxiety disorder so could really do with some info. 

What are the regulars like? What to expect? What game scenarios are done there? 

Pegasus

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

like most sites, regulars are friendly. Lots of small teams play here but you can integrate with them as well

Newbies also have fun and are treated well

Not sure if they still run milsims there now?

Like many sites, there is cheating going on and sometimes very blatant but you just have to deal with it

but then there are some who will congratulate you on a hit.....i hit a guy in his left guy (had eye pro on luckily), he was in a top floor building and i was shooting up, came down and shook my hand....knew it was me as i had tracers to use up in  mix mag and one of them hit him!

game usually involve a quick 20 / 30 min single shot capture the flag as a warm up then onto more scenario based games

Assault the police station is one of my favourites, if you on a team that pushes on and doesn't hold back

Sounds like a right blast. The scenarios sound cool i like the idea of attack and defend over random objectives like cap the flag and hostage rescue although id still get stuck in.

Am i right in thinking the owners are the guys who run the one near bourne and own this shop i keep hearing about near peterboriugh?

• Moderators

Firesupport, indeed :D

Site though is likely to close at some point but the date now is undetermined due to planning etc on the site so its a case of keep checking..... 

Likelihood is it will be open for while....

some of the longer games involve multiple objectives so its a good laugh. 

finding the canisters is good, split off in small teams and search the buildings....

• Moderators

yeah RAF Upwood

not yet though so don't panic, FS aren't really sure themselves now, its all down to the land owner and the planners etc....

• Moderators

i think just the woodland site, but you never know

shame really as its a really nice big urban site

• Moderators

no idea, Hunts  and other planners are so busy it could jsut go as they cant be assed! haha

best to call shop up or join mailing list to see dates

i post up in here as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

yeah im there with my brother, all confirmed and ive sent the booking email!......unless anything comes up ill see you there....CXP and M4 ready to go.

anyone interested in application....

http://consult.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/portal/pp/hlp2036/lpstage3?pointId=s1348559762572

I popped into Fire support today to check some guns out. The staff were really helpful. Thanks to Tom for explaining a lot. Highly recommend a visit for any other new players. 

I'll get booked in for Upwood for Saturday. Not sure if my two mates can make it yet but I'll go anyway as it was a cool site with friendly people.  

Will be turning up on my own this Saturday (my mates Mrs broke her foot)

I'd happily team up so if you see me by a white tiguan that's me come and say hi. 

• Moderators

will do

Aiming to get there around 8.30 subject to kids/wife/back roads! :lol:

New shape or old shape Tig?

New one : ) 

I'll aim for 830 too...might be the only aiming on target all day.

• Moderators

I won’t tell wife as she wants a new one as well lol

see you Saturday 

Haha I won't.  She does have good taste in cars though. See you Saturday 

• Moderators

Great game today, helped a fellow forum member out...... for 5mins.... gun doesn’t like the high cap mag ..... but Mark got his second stamp :lol::lol:.... and 2 rental guns!

and he must remember to throw grenades!!!! :lol:

• Moderators

updated game dates added upto April (all subject to it not closing)

Was a fun day and I appreciated the help with the gun. Cheers mate.

My grenade did blow my gloves up but was funny. 

I'm going to urban assault 6th Jan and 20th if anyone wants to meet up. 

• 1 month later...

6 of us going on 3rd March Urban assault if anyone wants to meet up.

• Moderators

i cant again as son has football but i'll see if my brother will go without me....

keep you posted if things change as i really need to get there!

Hope you both can make it. Let me know if you can do a Sunday some time as that works better for you. 

I've got a couple of groups I play with now so lots of opportunities for game days. Anglian Warriors and our own group SAS Special Airsoft Service : )

Trick is finding as many people who can make the same day! 

• djben9 changed the title to Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

Archived