Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My skirm buddy and I are heading there this weekend in you are around

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

if only!!

all the dates of games have fallen when my son is playing football!!....kinda stuck between September and May, with a  gap over xmas!

hoping to get here around July 11th as anniversary date for 1st ever game and there! :lol:.....

• Moderators

Sat 18th May URBAN MILSIM Upwood coming up!:)

Will be there on the 27th, first time airsofting for about 8 years, be interesting to see how the site has degraded

Are you telling me.... No, it can't be?...

I will have to be sociable? :(

haha..

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Kimbie said:

Will be there on the 27th, first time airsofting for about 8 years, be interesting to see how the site has degraded

i guess when you last played they had doors, windows and furniture!:lol:

honestly, when i go the few times in the year its never the same, last time within 2 weeks a set of stairs had gone, it hadnt got picked up until mid way through the 1st game!

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Are you telling me.... No, it can't be?...

I will have to be sociable? :(

haha..

Why?

I find if you just treat airsofters with disdain they soon just leave you alone to concentrate on playing.

Sociable is so overrated 

20 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Why?

I find if you just treat airsofters with disdain they soon just leave you alone to concentrate on playing.

Sociable is so overrated 

Good point ;)  

Im going with my brother, but I run off and play like a lone wolf anyway so not that bothered about having people there i know, just would like someone else to talk to during the breaks :D  

• Moderators

They are friendly bunch there. You'll enjoy it, just dont take the odd non hit takers to seriously!!

54 minutes ago, djben9 said:

They are friendly bunch there. You'll enjoy it, just dont take the odd non hit takers to seriously!!

Nope not going to its a public day :)  I think 18K-24K of BBs for my m249 should be enough mwhahahah

Is there still a burger van on site?

• Moderators

yeah its still there, the lunch break is he worse time as big Q and people can still be eating while others are going back in!

i usually head there, if no lunch with me, just before the end of the game to avoid it!:lol:

On 18/04/2019 at 11:55, djben9 said:

yeah its still there, the lunch break is he worse time as big Q and people can still be eating while others are going back in!

i usually head there, if no lunch with me, just before the end of the game to avoid it!:lol:

Cool thanks, is he cash only still? or moved with the times?

• Moderators

Still cash!! :lol:

unless it’s changed in last 5 months since I was there last??

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed this weekend - no dates beyond the beginning of June.  Likely next week is the last week. All the marshalls were playing which kinda tells you its a goner as well.  Such a shame.

• Moderators

shame, one of the better CQB sites out there, why i liked it.... where to go now....?

I am open to suggestions!  Camp Sparta up near Lincoln is very similar but not sure how often they play.  Other than that I think we will have to go further afield.  Either that or I cut out skirmishes altogether which tbh wouldn't be that much of a hardship for me personally.

• Moderators

bit of a trek for me but cant rule it out!!.....although thats also earmarked for houses, well was in 2017

Always gets good reviews but I haven't played there.  Thing I liked about Urban was the mix of indoor and outdoor that you got.

:(

Will try to get there on the dates on sat 8th if poss, highly doubtful though.. such a shame, only went once and it was awesome!

• Moderators

im struggling to get to one as well before it 'closes', last time i played was December,.....may well have been my last :(

Now officially closed - they had dates on the website for June but the developers have locked them out of the site with very little notice.  Last game was this weekend gone.  Announcement was on FB.

• djben9 changed the title to Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

Archived