Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 16:21, EvilMonkee said:

Sadly have to do 'family' stuff this weekend in order to atone for going to a two day VIetnam game the week after....

We'd like to join you on one of those events soon. From what you described they sound great. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, pierce09 said:

I'll be there 29th with a buddy. 

What side do people usually sign on to?

What ever they need us on to be honest when signing in. then the rest follow 

On 14/09/2018 at 23:42, Markuz said:

We'd like to join you on one of those events soon. From what you described they sound great. 

Join up on the Gunman Nam pages on Facebook.  There is one for the Cold War stuff too

On 15/09/2018 at 07:51, djben9 said:

What ever they need us on to be honest when signing in. then the rest follow 

Wrong.  Red, always Red... :P

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Wrong.  Red, always Red... :P

i'll remember that next time!

I dont use Facebook these days. 

Ben we are going to Tuddenham 1st December can you make it? 

I'll see if one of the others has Facebook and we will look into the Vietnam day.  Cheers 

• Moderators

will check, but find Sundays are easier for me as no football commitments etc

Guest pierce09

Took a while but finally got out to play again. Back to FFZ Urban Assault at RAF Upwood, Cambs. Not a bad day and I love the site. I would love to have a 'no rentals, walk on only' day here. I think the place has a bad rep for hit calling and although I'm not so competitive or bothered that it ruined a day out, I'm almost certain that by removing the 'stag do' groups from here for a day, it would show that the regular players are actually a sporting bunch. 

I had a first timer come along with me as well this weekend. He's been mad keen to try it since he found my RIFs in my back room and he was like a kid in a tuck shop when we got to the site! I think I enjoyed it that little bit more as he was enthralled by it all. I'm taking him to the charity day event up at the Gaol this weekend as well. I'm pretty sure he'll love that even more. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

sorry, cant make it until after this date to renew UKARA technically!

but bust tomorrow with football all morning

Anyone heading to the 'MIlsim' on 1 Dec?  In reality it will just be a day long skirmish but as rentals and high caps are banned thought it worth a punt.  I have signed up as Cartel - Hawaiian shirts and Aks with silly moustaches.

• Moderators

sounds like fun!!!, hoping to get there soon....kids football nearly over until Jan! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It was around 40 booked players short, however this was to its benefit as it allowed much more freedom of movement around the site.  There was still plenty of players on both sides.  I felt it could have been a bit better briefed and organised as I was generally not sure what we were meant to be doing at any point.

All that being said it was a thoroughly enjoyable day from my POV.  I volunteered at the beginning of the day to defend a building (the Bank) on my own to delay the military/CIA forces (I was Cartel).  Managed to rack up 14-15 kills before getting taken out.  Spent the rest of the day stalking and ambushing the enemy to great effect.  One of the best days I have had with very little cheating apart from near the end where it started getting silly, so I called it a day about half an hour early.

All in all a great end to the year.

• Moderators

tbh i prefer the days at UA when there is around 40ish players, had one of my best games there a few years ago when AI500 was on, no bottle necks, plenty of movement, small firefights and time to explore the buildings more learning the area

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

i might be as well, depends on if she is ill come the weekend....usually happens before xmas being a teacher!! :lol:.....:rolleyes:

@Markuz you looking to attend?

i'll book myself in just incase :), might do half day

• Moderators

Booked my brother in as well 

see who ever makes it tomorrow

Atacs AU and Black for me...

I will be running my russian stuff as usual.  Spectre oversuit and a Jaeger chestrig.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

never got to reply back after the game, was a good day out, not as much cheating as other days....i even used 3 grenades, one going through one of the smallest windows you could find! :lol: :lol::lol::rolleyes:

We are heading to their woodland site this Sun if interested.  Its up near to Bourne in Lincs.

• Moderators

updated the dates, only know upto June...

• djben9 changed the title to Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

Archived