Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

definately doing this again, might have just bought me an smg for cqb sites. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Glad you enjoyed it, still more fun when smaller groups !! :lol::lol:

Yes there was some non hit taking , I didn't notice too much but my mate experienced it. I think they need more marshalls, you need more eyes on the action.

We had to tell the other team to vacate the upstairs of buildings as they didn't listen to the rules in a few games.

We have a few more guys coming up on the 14th April to Urban assault. Then on the 29th we should be going to Mad dogs at Brampton.

Glad your nose is better Ben, next time get to me quicker when th ecoast is clear hahahah  ; )

Guest pierce09
On 03/04/2018 at 9:31 PM, Markuz said:

We have a few more guys coming up on the 14th April to Urban assault.

I'll be there on the 14th as well. Can. Not. Wait. Just hope the new spring in my rifle keeps it within AEG limits there.

• Moderators

Sadly I’m off to take my son to see spurs v city with a friend :mellow:

make sure it's lower than 345 (site limit), my freebie was firing 352, 350, 348, 345, 345. 346....  should have tried it after lunch!

7 hours ago, pierce09 said:

I'll be there on the 14th as well. Can. Not. Wait. Just hope the new spring in my rifle keeps it within AEG limits there.

Park next to white tiguan and we can team up. Should be 4 of us if you can make it. Anyone else about pop by and say hello. Bring cake.

Guest pierce09
5 hours ago, Markuz said:

Park next to white tiguan and we can team up. Should be 4 of us if you can make it. Anyone else about pop by and say hello. Bring cake.

I'd prefer to bring the pain (or some other cheesy line)

and will do. i'll be in a grey Focus

Nice one, did you chrono your gun? I saw you were saying you were hoping it wasn't hot for the site. Just a week to go looking forward to it as always.

Looks like a really good site, but might be a bit far for me.

On 11/04/2018 at 12:02 AM, MisterG said:

Looks like a really good site, but might be a bit far for me.

About 1 hour 45 mins give or take from Eversley. It is a good site.

On 08/04/2018 at 6:31 AM, pierce09 said:

I'd prefer to bring the pain (or some other cheesy line)

and will do. i'll be in a grey Focus

Me and two mates are still on for saturday. Anyone else making it over?

2 hours ago, Markuz said:

About 1 hour 45 mins give or take from Eversley. It is a good site.

Me and two mates are still on for saturday. Anyone else making it over?

Lol, maybe in the batmobile.  I could probably make it in that time, but I'm 20 miles closer to RAF Upwood than Eversley is.

I'll probably give it a go at some point, but my parents are visting this weekend.

Cheers

G

Guest pierce09
On 4/8/2018 at 9:10 AM, Markuz said:

Nice one, did you chrono your gun? I saw you were saying you were hoping it wasn't hot for the site. Just a week to go looking forward to it as always.

Nope, work and family have hindered me getting near a chrono sadly. Fingers crossed the spring change has worked!

Was a good day today. Marshalls did a good job and both teams fought aggressively with lots of movement. 

Weather was good too and less fogging was a bonus!

Was good to meet Louis and his dad Dave first time at the site. Dome good team work. And welcome to the forum Louis.

Guest pierce09

Sorry I couldn’t make it. Absolutely gutted as I’ve been excited to finally get some pew pew but family had other ideas 😩

i WILL be there 28th. Or I’m selling the kids. 

• Moderators

Not sure I can make 28th.... I might put mine up for sale as well!! :lol::lol:

Hey guys me and Andydynamic playing at Mad dog Brampton on 29th now. Its free pizza event!!!

Guest pierce09

Anyone heading here Sat 9th? I’ve just signed up finally, popped over to Fire Support to chrono and get a new battery. 

3 hours ago, pierce09 said:

Anyone heading here Sat 9th? I’ve just signed up finally, popped over to Fire Support to chrono and get a new battery. 

23rd likely the next date for me and Andy at Urban. Got some rough plans to visit some other sites over the next few weeks too.

Guest pierce09

Quite enjoyed it yesterday. Shame about no pyro. Those buildings are screaming out for EG67s through each doorway! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pierce09 said:

Quite enjoyed it yesterday. Shame about no pyro. Those buildings are screaming out for EG67s through each doorway! 

wait until the last game day....if it happens.....im sure someone will let some off!

Haha Ben stop tempting fate....it's not closing in the near future. 

They are also growing pistol and shotgun nights now. 2nd evening had double the turnout. I think it was 39 players up from 20. 

Going to rift village with Andy this Sunday anyone up for that? 

• Moderators

it wont close while the land agent gets his fees, im sure it will be there a while yet thankfully!.

gonna try the July one as its only pistol i wont need any PC or other gear so can just turn up with 2 mags, face / eye pro and boots.....clothing of course!

torch worth using??

1 minute ago, djben9 said:

torch worth using??

I once played an evening at the Mall without a torch and there were areas I just couldn't go through because it was pitch, I imagine this place to be even worse. Yeah I'd take a torch.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Duff said:

I once played an evening at the Mall without a torch and there were areas I just couldn't go through because it was pitch, I imagine this place to be even worse. Yeah I'd take a torch.

tbh day time can be dangerous. :lol:

wasn't sure if they restricted it to buildings only and used lights to create shadows etc?

few ive played at Tuddenham, torch just gave your position away as did tracers :(

Just now, djben9 said:

tbh day time can be dangerous. :lol:

wasn't sure if they restricted it to buildings only and used lights to create shadows etc?

few ive played at Tuddenham, torch just gave your position away as did tracers :(

Aye, hence why I use my pressure switch. Used the light once without it, realised my mistake. I was fine flicking the light on with my forefinger but it was another second I was acquiring target and not pewing at target. Whereas the pressure switch just works like a dream. I really wanna make one of the pistol evenings but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive each way for me.

• djben9 changed the title to Urban Assault (RAF Upwood) 'SITE NOW CLOSED' - AFUK Players meet topic

Archived