Certified Airsoft instructor - there is someone like this?

dragsteer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

You can pay me a few 000's and I'll show you 🙂

Best to watch YouTube

Best way to learn is from your mistakes. Where to fire from, when to move, when to hold back and when to support instead of getting peppered. 12 yrs Army service trained me and i still made stupid mistakes but laughed at the bruises afterwards. people will tell you to go here, there and why did you do that.......No one is perfect and no one knows all the angles. Get to know your site and take advice only from people on other sites. Trust your instincts and soon you will be good my son.

Speaking from experience.

What exactly are you looking to be shown ? Lol. Turn up and shoot at anything that moves and that's pretty much airsoft. Don't get to hung up on real military tactics, keep it simple as airsoft lacks the threat of death so that tends to mean real world stuff isn't as effective anyway. If your on about the gun tech side of things then youtube and forums are your friends

• Moderators

Yep turn up somewhere or book, rent a RIF and have fun, bug will bite and you'll be back for more!!

• Head Moderator

There are certified instructors in ASG or not?

No idea what ASG is. There are ASG Blaster BBs http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/search.asp?q=asg&Search=Search#?keywords=asg&search_return=all&sort_by_field=Product+Name, but they just need loading into a mag and away you go.

There are airsoft companies that do offer military style training / tactics - http://www.airborne-airsoft.co.uk/training-wing/ - but not certified as such just real world military experience. No idea how good they are though.

As said above, turn up, play, call your hits, have fun, repeat.

• Supporters

To help reduce the amount of times I die as I'm so crap...

Easy - go out to game/round later and return back to safe zone sooner - job done

Or as others have said - just go for it and learn from mistakes

(watch me & do the exact opposite if you like)

Don't worry about having a crap game too much.........

Others have had much worse luck recently:

Ronda Rousey- " I had the worst performance of the year."
Mariah Carey- " Hold my drink."
(soz - but couldn't resist that repost)

• Supporters

There is no certification. No more than having a certificate to teach to play NERF. :)

I have held 2-3 "classes" for my team and was considering to give the opportunity to players to learn the basics on the field I'm marshalling if they want to. As others said, there are many things that you learn from experience. With some guidance about what to practice and what methods do and don't work you can get up to speed quicker.

The best things you can "learn" (or be taught) for airsoft is when: not to shoot, trigger discipline, and respect for your surroundings.

How to not blind allies with a torch would be great too.

Seconded, also don't silhouette them and give away everyone's position.

Archived