New Camouflage Gear

sokar666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm after some new gear as i'm bored with multicam and was curious of people's opinion, i have started playing at NSC in the northeast and it is i would say 60% concrete buildings and 40% grass/bushes and brush.

I've been looking at a-tacs AU, flecktarn, acu digital and a few others even the kryptac mandrake and highlander, i honestly just can't decide.

So i'm putting a shout out to the community on there opinions good or bad, this is not about brands or price just the camo itself.

Thankyou

I went for the American route and used UCP/ACU camo pattern however this is quite a light colour and doesn't work very well in anything remotely woodland , the marpat version is good though which is what I switched to, the same digital pattern but darker colour scheme which works much better.

Bright yellow hi vis.

You can walk right up to enemy hq, drop a nade and run away before they realise you're not a marshal.

MARPAT woodland, Danish M84 and CADPAT well worth considering imho.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've been in a similar conundrum.

Getting bored of Woodland and olive.

I've heard great things about CADPAT blending in to woodland sites really well. As it's more vivid than MARPAT it matches leaves and bushes alot better.

I've bought some CADPAT off a guy on here, so I'll let you know next week when it arrives.

Unfortunately my next game is at The Mall - so I won't be using CADPAT there I don't think.

• Moderators

Go with what you like the look of as your wearing it ;):D:D , camo rarely works in Airsoft as you know, it's for some of us to look good and feel the part and some to jsut wear and not do anything! :lol::lol::lol: , I just like the pocket space in the combats I would post links to old topics to previous discussions to help you out but on phone and about to put kids to bed

When i go to Tuddenham, bit of both, I go for ACU trousers with black top or Marpat or Atacs FG trousers and coyote top, at Urban assault, which is mainly old RAF buildings with scrub in between, usually Atacs AU, but only as I need to wear it as i bought it at the time thinking it would be my regular site but wasn't due to weekend commitments. Shame Helikon stopped the Atacs FG range as liked it, never did get the combat shirt in Atacs FG :(

You could wear jeans, rugby top and cowboy boots and blend in just as much ....yeah a few guys at urban dress like that

Having seen two guys turn up rocking Tommy guns and full 1920's gangster clobber including the snap brim hats, wear whatever the hell you like. Just don't forget to have fun.

Having seen two guys turn up rocking Tommy guns and full 1920's gangster clobber including the snap brim hats, wear whatever the hell you like. Just don't forget to have fun.

I love that, it sounds so awesome, but i am leaning towards flecktarn or atacs-au/fg but i did see multicam black, couldnt care less if it's not outdoor camo it looks fantastic

I love that, it sounds so awesome, but i am leaning towards flecktarn or atacs-au/fg but i did see multicam black, couldnt care less if it's not outdoor camo it looks fantastic

Be fantastic then...

As mentioned camo in airsoft is pretty pointless. If you have no requirements (IE teams) then wear whatever takes your fancy.

• Moderators

how much are you looking to spend though as that's also a factor in what you want, who by and where you get it. Atacs FG is still around then there is Atacs iX which is nice, tiger stripe style pattern :),

Now Atacs LE, thats another one :)

and just seen Atacs AT-X and LE-X

just go for grey :D:D:D

• Supporters

"People are going to judge me on my camo! Does this shade of tan trousers match this shade of green chest rig??"

Not aimed at the OP, but these questions seem to be constant in recent years and I don't get why, because the answers are always the same.

Only advice I'd ever give is to try and get something made of decent quality fabric if you can afford it, lasts longer than the clone stuff; better value for money in the long run. Best to have a good read of the product descriptions. 60/40 poly/cotton is good and the basic stuff you'll see most brands like 5.11, Helikon and Propper using. If you can upgrade to 50/50 NYCO (nylon/cotton) the pattern will last much better through washes, dries quicker, more abrasion resistant etc. None of this is essential for airsoft obviously but good selection can sometimes actually save you money and net you a better quality product.

• Moderators

Where did you pick the gear up from in the end?

• Supporters

all over tbh, ebay, patrolbase, huey's, amazon, ukmcpro and a few others, a lot of googling and price comparison, my head really hurts lol

That's my favourite thing to do.

I'm weird.

We have a a guy that turns up to airsoft GB dressed in Capt America Full gear Shield ,blue. Well cool and a really good airsofter. . Always bring a smile.

Archived