Preferred room entry techniques

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do you guys go about clearing a room a basic room with a corner fed door?

I pie from the outside and then lean round to check the hard corner, I believe this is called a Limited Penetration entry because I clear from the doorway.

Am I doing this right or is door entry a situational thing?

Do I clear dynamically until I take contact and then switch to limited for speed?

Do I pie from the doorway and then move inside rather than clearing from the doorway?

I am genuinely curious how other people go about doing this because I don't know what to use for when. I see loads of times, there is one guy that is shouting "PUSH IN PUSH IN" and relying on that Violence of action but most of the time, they get fucked up. Like I am yet to see someone clear a room dynamically in airsoft and not trade or die because you are gonna drop the second a round hits your head and can still return fire.

Also, what about a fatal funnel? This always confuses me. So you have one guy move left and the other move right but they are both gonna get fucked up if there are guys in both corners of the room. Why don't you pie as much as you can from the doorway and then try and mash the two guys in between the doorway to shoot from the doorway instead.

I've been looking this up because I'm sick of the old dude with the beer gut shouting PUSH IN and then everyone that does it gets fucking mowed down. I remember getting told to push in a few years ago to this small fatal funnel area with about 4-5 guys inside and there was about 7 of us and they were all in cover but I thought FUCK IT AHHHHHH and got absolutely fucking blitzed to the point of bleeding from about 10 places all up my thighs and arms and it hurt like a mofucker. I thought it was hilarious but surely there was a better way of doing it besides rushing in like that.

Oh and I'm talking in the absence of grenades of any kind.

• Supporters

Forget any idea of tactical entry because none of the real world stuff works. All the entry techniques are designed around the fact your opponent will hesitate with fear when a group of trained guys storm into a room and if they don't then hopefully the ballistic armour does it's job.

None of those things exist in airsoft and cqb is all about being fast and aggressive and 50/50 trades. If you are the first one through a door then chances are you will get rinsed but hopefully you get one or at least your teamates behind you see where it comes from and can get the angle to fire into as they rush in.

The fat old guy has it right and you just need to man up and except that is just the way it is. Also I wouldn't go around trying to talk all tactical and using terms likes "limited penetration entry" because people will see you as one of those guys and roll their eyes. Or the the older wiser guy with the beer gut will come out with some wise crack about is that because you have a little penis.

Airsoft is a silly game and has nothing to do with real world tactics or situations.

• Supporters

+1 to what Trigger said.

That's why I don't like CQB and avoid it if I can. In airsoft they aren't afraid of getting shot so they play it like COD (or CS in my time). Entering buildings on a woodland site is quite different. The respawn point is far so people are afraid of getting shot and they usually aren't sure someone is trying to get in so they aren't 100% on high alert. That I like and I slice the limited penetration fatal something. ;)

• Supporters

Method 1: grenade

Method 2: stealth

Method 3: send some excited kid in before me to soak up all the bbs

• Supporters

Swap 1 with 3. Grenades cost :D

BFGs for me

My five steps:

Approach door.

Utilise handle.

Open door.

Toss hat onto stand.

Trade flirty banter with boss's delectable secretary.

• Supporters

Generally if I'm on my own I'll do what you do and attempt to pick people off from outside. If with the rest of my team though we flood the room with people as fast as possible and accept that the first 2 guys in are almost certainly getting hit.

1&2 go left & right directly to the nearest corner and track along the walls, normally one of these guys will pull everyone's guns away from the door for a second or so. Within a half a second or so there should be at least another 3 or 4 of us in the room with bright torches shooting the f*ck out of everything.

It's never failed us because we don't spend 5 mins outside the door 'stacking up', we just know to get close to each other and the place you are in the queue dictates what you do when you get in the room.

Real tactical advice I attained when I was in an extra special military group, that totally existed:

Open door,

Run in,

Get lucky, and shoot someone.

Repeat

I wasn't in the Military.

It just never really made sense to me to run into a room that you know is being watched from an unknown place inside the room. BTW, I only use the whole "dynamic" and "limited pen" stuff because that is what I've searched up on la interwebz to see what they are called. I certainly wouldn't say "oh yes, you three on me and we'll clear this building in a limited penetration fashion involving a blitzkrieg tactic that the germans invented in 1910000 where they intercepted communications from the SS Honkin'...." yeah you would sound like your asshole has gotten so big it's actually grown a cocoon around your ego

I'm talking about a Milsim styled game more than a CQB style game as I want to attend more Milsims before I enlist just because if I do get into training, I won't have time for it obviously. It is something that interests me though, I find it interesting the different ways you can clear a room and working out what the best way is for the situation blablabla.

It's never failed us because we don't spend 5 mins outside the door 'stacking up', we just know to get close to each other and the place you are in the queue dictates what you do when you get in the room.

I actually like that idea as I've seen a lot of people, especially when outside, get picked off when they're stacking.

So basically the best way when you're with people is to flood the fuck out of the room as fast as possible and when you're alone, pie and then check hard corners.

What if you are on your own and you need to clear a single door fatal funnel? Clear from the doorway or commit to a corner and then spin around to check the other one?

Unless you're on a hostage rescue mission, then there are 3 words to solve all your room entry problems:

Grenades, grenades, grenades.

Isn't the most common method to stand at the back of the stack screaming "PUSH UP PUSH UP" while admiring your gut poking out from below the ubacs and telling all the younglin that viper multicam is bestest! all while tinkering with your 8 hicaps because none of them are feeding you zero one bbs?

That seems to be the MO at most sites I have played recently.

Isn't the most common method to stand at the back of the stack screaming "PUSH UP PUSH UP" while admiring your gut poking out from below the ubacs and telling all the younglin that viper multicam is bestest! all while tinkering with your 8 hicaps because none of them are feeding you zero one bbs?

That seems to be the MO at most sites I have played recently.

See...this guy gets it. XD

I generally use the door, but if the situation calls for it I'm not averse to falling comically through a skylight.

I find running into a room with my willy hanging out is the most effective way of clearing it out!!

But in Airsoft I am more of a gung ho sacrificial lamb type person if I am with a group storming in taking some hits trying to take out one or two in the process, respawn and back in again (I find this often leads to groups clearing it out after me if someone else is willing to take one for the team), or super stealthy ninja cutting the corners and sneaking up to the edge of the door with my pistol whilst crawling on the floor type person.

I generally use the door, but if the situation calls for it I'm not averse to falling comically through a skylight.

I'm yet to see an airsoft site make use of rappelling through a skylight and through a window, 10 floors up, ....I'm waiting for that to be a thing

Seriously though, can we have an airsoft site that, as long as you have registered training and proper equipment, you can do shit like rappelling and such. Just don't tell your insurance company right? That'll work right? Right? Guys?

GMR out in America did shit like that but they were also not very good at calling their hits AHEM*

*AHEM

I find running into a room with my willy hanging out is the most effective way of clearing it out!!

Part of the safety briefings at my local site include a short segment of about a bloke who took a sniper shot to the dick. He'd decided to go and have a piss against a tree in the middle of a skirmish.

Part of the safety briefings at my local site include a short segment of about a bloke who took a sniper shot to the dick. He'd decided to go and have a piss against a tree in the middle of a skirmish.

That sniper must of really hated that guy XD

That sniper must of really hated that guy XD

Japseye Bullseye!

• Supporters

BBs don't go through walls, so yeah shoot as many as you can from outside - doorways are the danger areas.

Then pyro.

Then if they're hidden behind something inside the room that counts as hard cover where you can't get 'em, start blasting that sweet suppressive fire on where they're hiding, hope and pray it works and there isn't someone else in there you've not seen.

• Moderators

Just run through any opening to the building hoping to hit someone but avoid windows if possible as it involves climbing 🙂

I pay to get shot as well as shoot so I try not to hang around but will join in with others if needed 😀😀😀

Tuddenham is easy, lob a grenade in and by the rules, building clear.... they are small buildings 🙂

Archived