Some questions about milsim events

Pxdjackerzzz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been playing airsoft for about 6 months now and I want to break into the milsim scene and see what it's all about.

So after a few google searches and a few YouTube videos I understand that I need to bring a certain amount of kit food, water, sleeping gear etc to sustain myself for that period of time. However im not sure what do I do with all the kit I bring to these events. Do I have to carry it with me throughout the event or do i leave it in an area and come back to it etc. Seems pretty obvious but I don't want to bring everything but the kitchen sink and have to carry it all.

Aswell as this what are the best milsim games to go to and who runs the best events. Don't want to go to my first milsim game and go to a right stinker and be put off.

Lastly is it normal for players to turn up on their own? I'm not part of a team and most lads I've played with aren't too interested in the milsim scene.

Just some clarity on these points would be helpful cheers.

• Supporters

The answer to almost all of these is 'it depends'.

Some events you'll have a decent place to call 'home' where you can put your bed, water, food etc. Sometimes you'll have to carry the lot in a rucksack, generally if this is the case it'll be described as 'hard routine'.

'Best event' is also a bit of a sliding scale, depends entirely on what you want out of the game: If you want to sling loads of plastic in a tan vs green one day game at a decent site then airborne airsoft do really good games that fit in that bracket. If you're more into spending 12 hours sat in a hide with a radio reporting positions of hostile forces before taking them down at the end of the weekend then Combat Airsoft Group have got you.

Stirling Airsoft are probably the middle ground, normally a full weekend game with defined goodies vs. baddies play with vehicles and stuff.

Turning up alone is absolutely fine, you'll get put with a group of others that you'll play with all weekend, there's absolutely no requirement to come as part of a team.

Firstly and before you get carried away, can you get to the games.

Milsims tend to be all over the country.

Would suggest you start with a day game, then maybe a weekend game where you don't sleep in game and then work up to a continuous 24 hour one.

Gunman and Airborne do good one day games, Okto Eight do weekend ones and Stirling, Filmsim etc do 24 hour and longer.

I can't vouch for all the games and organisers but Okto welcome solo players and you get to know your team online months before the physical game.

Archived