Hello from Essex

Nubjit2k
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself being new to the forum and all.

My name is Simon, I have been an air-softer for about a year now, recently received my UKARA so the misses treated me to a WE Scar H for Christmas (feeling very lucky) unfortunately haven't had a game with it yet but hoping to very soon, very excited!!.

I have 2 other airsoft guns, a Jing Gong G3a3 (Currently Broken :() and a WE G18c.

I play at 2 airsoft sites, Billericay Airsoft & AWA Herts.

Pleasure to meet you all.

hi m8, me and my brother just got our ukara and play at skirmish billericay. looking to go at least once a month and going to try and get over to the mall in reading hopefully. hope to catch you down there for a game .

hi m8, me and my brother just got our ukara and play at skirmish billericay. looking to go at least once a month and going to try and get over to the mall in reading hopefully. hope to catch you down there for a game .

You should try Airsoft Plantation about 5 minutes down the road from Skirmish, much better site in every way including terrain. Marshalls are always awesome, hit taking is about standard for most skirmish sites, site is run fairly decent etc. I've honestly never had a fun game with Skirmish, don't know if it might be any better now but their marshalls were not very helpful on certain occasions where it counted, hit taking is awful and I mean really bad and the site is fun horribly. They have the green zone for cqb which sounds good up until you get told that you can't fire through the holes or throw grenades over which is just stupid again. I've also met some nasty people over there who full auto at point blank distance if you don't hear them the first time and the majority of games are boring.

Example is literally sectioning off massive portions off the site and only playing at a certain part. The last time I went there was about 6 months ago and it was crap. I had one guy take 3 to the chest from 15 feet and not call it and then throw a grenade over the cover which was not allowed by the green zone and then moan at me for not calling a grenade hit that went off 15-20 metres behind me. I confront him and "Didn't I just hit you 3 times in the chest?"...................."UHHH NO YOU DIDN'T HIT ME"........I tell a ref and their response is laughter and walking away. Not "Right I'll test shoot next game" ....."I'll keep an eye on him"....They don't care.

That's one incident at the site and I've had the worst experiences with the hit takers as well as certain regulars randomly turning up one day with polarstars running at 40rps and fucking blitzing people and it's the same regulars not calling it and mouthing off to people they haven't hit but think they have. I remember going to that site when I was 14 and I was a newbie and this fat oaf who still goes there just randomly says "You're out" after I have already shouted bang bang at them which included him (stupid rule in the first place but....). I didn't hear him because I'm looking and thinking about something else, he only said it once and was literally standing right next to me before turning his 30rps gun on and fucking hosing my hand which was practically touching his barrel. I don't know what the fuck his problem was and I won't name names but this basically spans over about 3-4 years playing at Skirmish but I loved the sport so stuck around and I was in one of those groups that never goes to a new site so I thought fuck it.

Then I hear about AP and try it out and here I am 2 years in and not a bad issue with anyone at all. Nothing like what it was at skirmish and everyone is so friendly and fun and it's like a little family over there. Lol sorry just really needed to vent that. AP also makes frequent use of vehicles which was always a nice thing to have and when I drive home, I feel like I've had a bloody good lot of fun blasting mofuckers and can't wait for next time. Bit different to driving home from Skirmish still fucking steaming about some prick who put 30 rounds into me at 10 feet and then insults me for some off reason because his ego is the size of a fucking adult manite.

TLDR; Skirmish, in my experience, sucks ass.....try AP, altogether better site

You should try Airsoft Plantation about 5 minutes down the road from Skirmish, much better site in every way including terrain. Marshalls are always awesome, hit taking is about standard for most skirmish sites, site is run fairly decent etc. I've honestly never had a fun game with Skirmish, don't know if it might be any better now but their marshalls were not very helpful on certain occasions where it counted, hit taking is awful and I mean really bad and the site is fun horribly. They have the green zone for cqb which sounds good up until you get told that you can't fire through the holes or throw grenades over which is just stupid again. I've also met some nasty people over there who full auto at point blank distance if you don't hear them the first time and the majority of games are boring.

Example is literally sectioning off massive portions off the site and only playing at a certain part. The last time I went there was about 6 months ago and it was crap. I had one guy take 3 to the chest from 15 feet and not call it and then throw a grenade over the cover which was not allowed by the green zone and then moan at me for not calling a grenade hit that went off 15-20 metres behind me. I confront him and "Didn't I just hit you 3 times in the chest?"...................."UHHH NO YOU DIDN'T HIT ME"........I tell a ref and their response is laughter and walking away. Not "Right I'll test shoot next game" ....."I'll keep an eye on him"....They don't care.

That's one incident at the site and I've had the worst experiences with the hit takers as well as certain regulars randomly turning up one day with polarstars running at 40rps and f*cking blitzing people and it's the same regulars not calling it and mouthing off to people they haven't hit but think they have. I remember going to that site when I was 14 and I was a newbie and this fat oaf who still goes there just randomly says "You're out" after I have already shouted bang bang at them which included him (stupid rule in the first place but....). I didn't hear him because I'm looking and thinking about something else, he only said it once and was literally standing right next to me before turning his 30rps gun on and f*cking hosing my hand which was practically touching his barrel. I don't know what the f*ck his problem was and I won't name names but this basically spans over about 3-4 years playing at Skirmish but I loved the sport so stuck around and I was in one of those groups that never goes to a new site so I thought f*ck it.

Then I hear about AP and try it out and here I am 2 years in and not a bad issue with anyone at all. Nothing like what it was at skirmish and everyone is so friendly and fun and it's like a little family over there. Lol sorry just really needed to vent that. AP also makes frequent use of vehicles which was always a nice thing to have and when I drive home, I feel like I've had a bloody good lot of fun blasting mofuckers and can't wait for next time. Bit different to driving home from Skirmish still f*cking steaming about some prick who put 30 rounds into me at 10 feet and then insults me for some off reason because his ego is the size of a f*cking adult manite.

TLDR; Skirmish, in my experience, sucks ass.....try AP, altogether better site

Hi Katana,

Thanks for your input, I completely understand where you are coming from, I've had a few rough game days there myself. I'll keep my eye open for Airsoft Plantation looks like a cool place from what I've seen on their website. Really wanted to try out UCAP Sandpit in Kent but its now closed :( No need to apologise about ranting its good to get things off your chest now and again specially stressful airsoft days!

i know what you mean mate about the regulars there and the other your talking about. will deffo give plantation a try.

Archived