ASPUK (Airsoft Sniper Parts UK)

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm creating this thread because these guys opened up about a year ago, and they're basically at my doorstep (in Sheffield).

After using a few other shops, either across the city, or outside of the city I can safely say that I consider myself unbelievably lucky to have them so close by, as these guys have the perfect balance of knowledge, expertise, branding and customer service.

I've never had a bad experience with them, they're friendly and happy to share any know-how that you need.

They've been working with Dan Mills AKA "Sniper-One" to create their own-branded sniper kit which I reckon will be taking the VSR market by storm in the coming year, and they've been making a good name for themselves in the local community: going to local sites and doing giveaways & competitions with ASG sponsorship - they've even expanded their premises in the last few months to allow for a dual shooting range, where they host a weekly pistol club meeting (which i haven't been to so I can't comment but it sounds good!).

Although their name suggests that they are airsoft sniper experts (which they are), it should be noted that these guys know just about everything there is to know about all airsoft items, be it GBBRs, AEGs, Pistols, Gear, Protection, HPA - they do it all.

• Root Admin

Well their 'Sniper One' piston is just a rebrand of their rebranded Airsoft Pro stuff, so we'll need to see how it goes.

My takeaway from the new ASPUK management is the same as the old - lots of rebranded products from Airsoft Pro and not much else. Good service, but BASRs are the most simple thing in airsoft to tinker with so I've never been sure if they were worth the money. It's good to hear they're branching out though.

Will be really interesting if they come out with some of their own products, because they certainly have the knowledge to produce something good.

Edit: Just realised this was in the 'places to buy' forum - sorry.

• 11 months later...

Just thought id give you my thoughts on my experience of buying form aspuk. Unfortunatly it was the only place i could find the part needed although at the time i didnt realise that there would be any issues. I oredered the part last week the price was ok but p&p a little high for item.  But i needed it. Today (9 days after order) the item still hadnt arrived so i called them. The first number that they had sent in the email (a mobile number) just kept ringing out so i went to the web site and got a land line number. When i called it too ages to get through and once i did it then too ages againg for them to find the item. They said it had been shipped by apc and that apc had tryed to deliver but the person at the property had said that i no longer lived there. I told them that no one had been to try to deliver this par and that there is someone here at all times. He then said that i had not given my full address and had missed off the name of the house/farm. I know for a fact i didnt. Why would you? He said that i would have to contact apc my self to get it sorted so i asked for the ref number but he wouldnt geive it to me saying i didnt need it and could just do it with my name and address (which he says is incorrect/incomplete ) i asked if he could call them on as being the actual customer of the delivery company he may have more joy. He flat out refused and basically said it was my problem now not theirs although he did graciously  give me a number for them. I rang apc who them selfs took an eternity to answer but when i got through the lady i spoke to said that she need a consignment number (the on id requested) i told her i didnt have one and why so she said she would have to do a diffrent search using postcode but it may take a while. And she did find it. It turns out it had tryed to be deliveder but the occupant refused because i didnt live there as the wrong address had been put on the parcel.  Right rd and postcode but wrong property name. Aspuk just realy were not helpfull at all once they had the sale. Would i use again? Only after exhausting every other avenues to find what i need and them being the only suppliers . Which once again unfortunately  they do seem to have some things that are just not in stock else where. 

• Root Admin

They don't have things that aren't in stock elsewhere. Look to continental Europe or Asia if you want their stuff. A lot of it is still Airsoft Pro parts anyway, based out of Czech Republic and can be readily bought from there with a nominal shipping fee. Can understand if you needed it within 10 days though :(

Cheers for that . I had bought from them as i did want it fairly quickly and i also like to buy from the uk when possable. But hadnt in all honesty thought about european sites. Its good to know there are other options

James

Ps dont suppose you know where i can get a dist cover catch/lock for a lvoa?

I visited ASPUK the other week to rectify a few issues with my VSR 10 for selling my rifle, the tech stopped what he was doing and spent a few hours putting the VSR 10 right and a few upgrades.

I received great service from all the staff and brilliant quality VSR10 parts as far as I'am aware manufactured in Sheffield, lets support British Industry when we can.

• Root Admin
On 11/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, badshotbob said:

I visited ASPUK the other week to rectify a few issues with my VSR 10 for selling my rifle, the tech stopped what he was doing and spent a few hours putting the VSR 10 right and a few upgrades.

I received great service from all the staff and brilliant quality VSR10 parts as far as I'am aware manufactured in Sheffield, lets support British Industry when we can.

We've been over this 100 times on these forums alone: Much of their whitelabel stuff is Airsoft Pro. You might find the odd small part made in the UK, but unlikely due to the cost in manufacturing (same as almost any other light industry).

Also, if 'let's support British industry' is at a cost to my wallet or range of selection then you can bet I'd buy elsewhere in a heartbeat. Artificially keeping business afloat by preferenceing them purely due to their location is bad for any economy overall anyway. If they make the best, cheapest or if it's unavailable elsewhere then they'll get my money any day of the week.

Here's a selection of the Airsoft Pro stuff to give you an idea:

https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/sniper-rifles-parts/for-vsr-and-mb02-3-7-9.../results,49-48

And here they are being sold on ASPUK:

https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/aluminium-cnc-bbs-loading-latch-for-vsr

https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/vsr-bar10-nickel-plated-steel-cylinder

Let's not mention the Maple Leaf (Hong Kong) or PDI (Japanese) parts that they sell because they're simply best-in-class for various parts (Maple Leaf - buckings and chambers, PDI - barrels and externals).

Again, if you want to spend £69.99 (admittedly with a ~£15-20 cylinder head) on a £25 cylinder because it was made in Sheffield then be my guest, but you won't be getting a better product. Airsoft Pro is very tried and tested stuff (some of it has been around for 8+ years) and these are not complicated parts to manufacture.

ASPUK: https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/vsr-steel-cylinder

Airsoft Pro: https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/sniper-rifles-parts/for-vsr-and-mb02-3-7-9.../ocelovy-valec-pro-well-mb-02-03-07...-detail

None of ASPUK,S sniper one kit is Airsoft pro (they do still sell Airsoft pro but it's not hidden) 

Sniper One parts designed and made in the UK by ASPUK

Trigger

Piston

Spring

Spring Guide 

Titainium cylinder 

Cylinder head 

Hop Lever 

Barrel spaces 

Sniper one parts not made in the UK but also not Made by Airsoft Pro 

Screw Pack (USA)

Black Cylinder Europe

Barrel (Taiwan) 

Oring (China) 

Brass Cylinder head (Europe) 

The EZ range and ASPUK range is AIrsoft Pro and Is displayed and sent out in Airsoft pro original packaging. 

• Root Admin

I'm completely willing to stand corrected on the new design of piston. However, let me address my actual recent post (and not the one from a year ago):

My comparison is between a £40 (I notice it's £40 without the cylinder head) Sheffield-made piece of tube and a £25 Czech-made piece of tube.

I'm glad you're making your (I assume you're staff/the owner what with having an account that's an hour old) own stuff now as well, but again I'd like to point out that that's not the conclusive point of my post at all. My point is more the obsession with 'buying British' when clearly there are better deals and ranges elsewhere. I dare say the difference between a Sheffield piece of tube and Czech piece of tube is exactly the same. Unfortunately I'm just not going to spend £40 to find that out so that, but perhaps I should. And don't get me started on the obvious additional margin that needs to be added so that Dan can get his nice little licensing royalty - great book and a gripping story, but not sure how his expertise lends itself to improving toy guns. I digress.

The fact is still that if you want the best possible value (and also the best possible performance) that shopping around is still the best option and avoiding the marketing the likes of Nuprol (and - unfortunately - the ASPUK 'Sniper One' line) where there's always going to be additional cost involved. I recognise that you provide an all-in-one service (and that in itself is valuable to many people) but that's not the insight that I suppose I'm attempting to provide.

Perhaps ASPUK will replace some of the brands like Maple Leaf, Action Army, PDI/EdGI, Airsoft Pro etc. over the coming couple of years when they're recognised as being objectively better or different parts (see PDI/EdGI barrels or the new-ish Action Army hop-up chambers)

Ok so I am of the opinion that everyone has the right to there own opinion and I will only state fact to clear up any misconceptions.

The £40 Sniper One piece of tube is constructed and manufactured using different methods and better quality materials than the CZ piece of tube.  I can not quite grasp how you think it is only £25 when you take the current exchange rates and shipping costs into consideration. More like £35 to £40. 

I do like the CZ Airsoft pro kit and it is very robust and reliable.  Can it be improved? yes and would this come at an extra cost? Yes.  Is it needed? that is for the individual to make there minds up.  This is why some buy Airsoft pro, some buy action Army and some buy PDI.

buying birttish is a big thing to

me but not only that the quality of materials and matching tolerances are second to none, and that is fact.   

We can go on and on why one thing is better than another.  None of the sniper one parts have broken the ceiling price already set but the likes of PDI and most are made with better materials and will better tolerances to fit the rifle.  

example 

lots of people will want to buy a cylinder head made from such low grade metals that it is unrecognisable to testing machines for a tenner and other will want to buy one that has had lots of thought go in to how it operates, why it does what it does and how it can be improved.  Not forgetting Using the very best materials it can possibly be made from without costing more than others on the market.  This is consumer choice as is yours. 

• Root Admin

I guess my overall point is that if these benefits exist, why are they not front and centre over the 'British made' nonsense? Why are they having to be squeezed out on a forum?

39 minutes ago, Snipe said:

Ok so I am of the opinion that everyone has the right to there own opinion and I will only state fact to clear up any misconceptions.. 

You're right - I only believe people who have an IP address registered in Sheffield with an account made less than 20 minutes before they post. I'm glad you're fully invested in just stating facts though and I'm sure there is in no way a conflict of interest here.

I guess we're needing to drill down into this some more though.

Ok so I am of the opinion that everyone has the right to there own opinion and I will only state fact to clear up any misconceptions.

The £40 Sniper One piece of tube is constructed and manufactured using different methods and better quality materials than the CZ piece of tube.  I can not quite grasp how you think it is only £25 when you take the current exchange rates and shipping costs into consideration. More like £35 to £40.

I'd really like to know the difference in materials between the ASPUK and CZ bits of tube for a start. I'm not sure how you've managed to almost double the price of a product that by all accounts adds nothing but a logo. Again, Airsoft Pro stuff has been around for longer that the new ownership of ASPUK and then some - you stock it yourselves and have done for some time, so where's the blurb on why it's worth my money? What is there that sets this apart from stating it's made by a British company, slapping on a new brand and then marking it up.

Somewhat hilariously your own postage only works out 2 quid cheaper than the Czech one anyway. Even with exchange rates in the toilet as they are right now, you're looking at £44.98 vs. £36.15 - and this is on a single product. Not their pistons, guide rods, springs etc. - which are universally cheaper and we're of course assuming the user is buying more than a single part for this upgrade job.

My issue is not with the product you've made in a vacuum, but rather that it brings zero relative improvements to the table and this is glaringly obvious when you look at the complete absence of 'features' in the description you've written. Here's the entire product write-up for the cylinder:

Sniper One 

Steel Cylinder designed for TM VSR Rifles.

Will fit other clones such as JG Bar10 and ASG Covert OPs.

Compatible with both the Sniper One and the EZ Trigger pistons.

And this isn't the only one of the 'Sniper One' products that's strikingly similar to almost every other accessible airsoft part out there that has a rather terse description.

The biggest moral issue I have with this is that it really is showing at least a subconscious level of contempt for your customer. Not able to come up with any tangible benefits for your product? Ok, no problem - let's just call it 'British made'. There's no need for innovation or even a description of what that benefit is - let's just hope their jingoistic tendencies make them buy it eh. Again, a British made product doesn't and shouldn't immediately just classify as objectively better. This is seriously lazy, but I know you're by no means alone in that. Again though, not really my primary point but an important one if you truly believe that you're able to appropriate the 'British made' characterisation as a byword for quality. It's the people doing that with no follow-up on why making this product in Britain is better for the customer that's meant it means little to many more people than it used to.

me but not only that the quality of materials and matching tolerances are second to none, and that is fact.   

We can go on and on why one thing is better than another.  None of the sniper one parts have broken the ceiling price already set but the likes of PDI and most are made with better materials and will better tolerances to fit the rifle.  

example 

lots of people will want to buy a cylinder head made from such low grade metals that it is unrecognisable to testing machines for a tenner and other will want to buy one that has had lots of thought go in to how it operates, why it does what it does and how it can be improved.  Not forgetting Using the very best materials it can possibly be made from without costing more than others on the market.  This is consumer choice as is yours. 

Again, you can't just throw 'this is fact' on the end of a sentence and expect it to be accepted as such. You're going to need to give us at least an inkling of why your 'Sniper One' brand is worth the money that you've had to pay Dan and the money you've paid to have it made in the UK. PDI are extremely well known for using quality steel in at least their barrels, and I've yet to see a complaint about the alloys they use in their outer barrels on here or anywhere else. They have a pretty renowned pedigree just like Airsoft Pro (though at a different price point) so these are some bold statements. I just wonder why you've not bothered to put them in the descriptions of any of your products. Nothing said in any of these is new and I'm left wondering why, given this opportunity as the foremost retailer for springer parts in the UK that you've not spent more time on making these genuine competing products (again, not the case for all of them - the trigger certainly looks different). 

Then again, I could be pretty jaded after this Nuprol debacle we're still going through right now.

Finally - and as an aside to this - please learn the difference between hear and here; their, they're and there; to and too; it's and its. I've noticed at least two cases on a single page where this is incorrect on your website:

https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/ez-trigger-mk4-piston-spring-spring-guide

This is turning into a very petty school yard, I'm going to pick on everything and anything I can find situation hence why I have never commented before.  I will try and answer your questions and comments yet again.  

There are are loads of reasons why the sniper one products are different to others and exactly what materials they are made from in the publications such as Facebook, on the ASPUK website and in other media out lets like Airsoft action, Gun Mart and Airsoft international.  Without me having to repeat them on here. 

You only only believe people with an IP address registered in Sheffield, What?..

So your quote of the £25 price tag of the Airsoft pro cylinder has now increased to the same as my stated £35! ASPUK charge for shipping as close as possible to what it costs to ship via APC next day delivery.

As far as I can see 99% of the products have in the discription what the product is made some, the manufacturing processes and what eliments set it apart, Not as you state it's British made so you must by it.  Around 50% of ASPUKS custom comes from Europe so I am quite sure that made in Briton is not the only feature of the products.  The ASPUK hop lever has been reviewed by the sniper mechanic, kicking mustang not to mention also receiving glowing reviews from customs in the US, Canada, and most European countries. These fantastic reviews have not come of the back of it being made in Briton.  With over 300 sold in the first 12 months of manufacture there has got to be something good about it don't you agree? And the price point is no greater than what ASPUK sold the dangerworx hop lever for three years ago.

I don't think I have mentioned that the Sniper one parts are better than PDI I merely stated the difference in materials, design and manufacturing processes again all of which can be found in the above publications.  If the parts are better or not that is for the consumer to decide.

• Root Admin

You don't need to preface every post you make with a comment about how laborious this is for you. I'm sorry that I'm wasting so much of your precious time. Well, like you say I'm not expecting us to get anywhere for the original point that I made - that's basically the nature of any online discussion. Your IP is in Sheffield and your account was 20 minutes old. What I'm hinting at is that you're perhaps a little too close to this to be impartial, so when you take great pains to say you're only providing 'facts', I'm afraid I've gotta point that out if you're not going to be forthright with your position in relation to ASPUK - perhaps it's just sheer coincidence.

Anyhoo, you've made your points and hopefully I've made mine too.

Wish I had not made my comments complimenting ASPUK  if I would have known the reaction it would get. 

Proffrink why don't you pay ASPUK a visit and let the demonstrate their products to you, I was impressed on my visit.

Then you can evaluate the products first hand.

They are really nice friendly people who are proud of their products.

• Root Admin

Well I'm sure they're great people and mean well - very few don't. I've probably bought from them twice a year on average (both the old and new owners) for about 5 years now. Usually stuff that I need in a hurry.

That isn't at odds with what I'm saying though. Everyone should be highly sceptical of anything new in airsoft where the claims aren't backed up. A higher price tag and a 'made in Britain' isn't a reason for anyone buying anything, and nor is a single person's opinion on a product (this is genuinely not directed at you though). There should be a consensus is what I'm saying, and that will take time. We're always too quick to say that something is great just because we were the one to spend money on it and need our purchases validated. I'm not innocent of this either.

I agree we need the consensus of more reviews of ASPUK products, I also appreciate the advice you are giving to other airsoft members that they should be aware of new products entering the market place until they have earned there salt, but should you not as a moderator try to support any new innovations entering this industry before you dismiss them as overpriced and white labeling other companies products especially if you have seen the products.

I do have AirsoftPro products in my VSR10 which do the job but I wish I had bought ASPUK products in the VSR10, this conclusion is just by comparing the two products together.  ASPUK seem to be well thought out and great eye for detail, also solid construction.

I will say I have no links with the shop I'am just a customer.

• Supporters
On 28/11/2017 at 0:53 AM, Snipe said:

There are are loads of reasons why the sniper one products are different to others 

Can you name three?

and exactly what materials they are made from in the publications such as Facebook, on the ASPUK website and in other media out lets like Airsoft action, Gun Mart and Airsoft international.  Without me having to repeat them on here.

You don't have to repeat them.  The wonder of the world wide web is that it's based on references.  If you've already enumerated why your products are superior to foreign made tat, all you have to do is to link to them.

I'd be genuinely interested to read the claims, but not to the extent of putting time into searching for them.  If you want to market your products, that's fine, but I'd suggest that you do it actively and constructively without bemoaning that your potential market won't simply believe your flat assertions.

For myself, I'd assume that "British made" means knocked out as a homer on some worn out 1970s workshop lathe at 10pm on a Friday night.  That, or imported from Taiwan with a Union Flag logo on them that doubles the price.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Can you name three?

I can yes,

The new Sniper one Piston

It's 65 grams that is at least 30 grams heavier than any other piston on the market 

The direct air in take system is completely unique to this piston 

The Phosphorus bronze guide ring is again completely unique and self lubricates  

The are many more unique and differences in the Sniper one product which can all be found in the individual product descriptions here https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/sniperone 

foreign made tat

Very strong words,  I our i don't believe any one else has suggested that foreign made has to be tat, there are many factors to many ares of engineering that are better made or designed in many parts of the world.  And also there are many things made that others come along and feel they can improve upon them, They some times do and them sometimes don't.

For myself, I'd assume that "British made" means knocked out as a homer on some worn out 1970s workshop lathe at 10pm on a Friday night.  That, or imported from Taiwan with a Union Flag logo on them that doubles the price

In correct,  These parts are designed and made by an highly experienced company that has been trading for over 50 years,  they specialise in parts to make deep sea oil exploration submarines, real steel silencers and suppressors and now more recently Airsoft parts,  All R&D and production is scheduled within the companies production hour and is VAT invoiced.  I can also assure you that this workshop is not in Taiwan as you are so quickly to assume it is in Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom.

30sstThey l sea

• Supporters

Seems legit.  However, I'd never buy from a company with grumpy owners/employees that shill forums without disclosing the nature of their relationship with the business.  I assure you of that.

I’m sorry you feel that way,  normally I don’t like to comment as I feel everyone is entitled to there own views and opinions of companies and products but in this instance i felt some coments where not true and misleading.  

I Do work with ASPUK but I did not see this as any advantage or disadvantage to the conversation as I was not trying to make any fairy dust claims.  If this has upset you in any way then I am really sorry and I apologise.  Similarly I felt my coments are fair and acurate all be it slightly defensive at time and I don’t feel I have poetried my sell as grumpy in the slightest but again if they have been I apologise.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of the first Sniper1kits to go out to customers. My kit arrived with a 430mm barrel rather than the 303mm I ordered. It was 23rd December and I ended up driving to ASPUK (an hour or so away) to get it swapped as I was out on the 28th and everywhere would have been shut done for Christmas.

The guys were great, swapped my barrel no fuss and even let me have a test shoot of their in house VSR upgraded with the kit so I new what to ish I lived a bit closer as I’d go more often just to show my face.

My 2p on the whole parts convo you guys are having;

I genuinely DO NOT CARE whether they are rebranded or made in the building that day before they ship them. For me I bought a solution. I had a VSR and wanted it to 500fps, I didn’t want to mess about ordering various parts from all over and the S1 kit was a one stop kit with parts that work together. It has more or less done exactly what it was advertised and for the money I’m quite happy it did what I wanted it to.

I will admit I have changed some things as I’ve gone along, swapped the barrel and spring as well as adding some barrel spacers (before they launched the S1 versions) but that’s just part of a sniper build. I’ve put the kit in and only ever had 1 problem of a screw coming loose in the trigger unit that once spun back in has been fine since.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at these guys to potentially upgrade my sniper. Can anyone shed some light light on PTFE hop, a Google search says it's something called mega teflon mod and I get the basics of it is to improve air seal or something? How does it compare to something like r-hop/flat-hop etc?

• Root Admin
On 12/9/2017 at 6:32 AM, Steveocee said:

I bought one of the first Sniper1kits to go out to customers. My kit arrived with a 430mm barrel rather than the 303mm I ordered. It was 23rd December and I ended up driving to ASPUK (an hour or so away) to get it swapped as I was out on the 28th and everywhere would have been shut done for Christmas.

The guys were great, swapped my barrel no fuss and even let me have a test shoot of their in house VSR upgraded with the kit so I new what to ish I lived a bit closer as I’d go more often just to show my face.

My 2p on the whole parts convo you guys are having;

I genuinely DO NOT CARE whether they are rebranded or made in the building that day before they ship them. For me I bought a solution. I had a VSR and wanted it to 500fps, I didn’t want to mess about ordering various parts from all over and the S1 kit was a one stop kit with parts that work together. It has more or less done exactly what it was advertised and for the money I’m quite happy it did what I wanted it to.

I will admit I have changed some things as I’ve gone along, swapped the barrel and spring as well as adding some barrel spacers (before they launched the S1 versions) but that’s just part of a sniper build. I’ve put the kit in and only ever had 1 problem of a screw coming loose in the trigger unit that once spun back in has been fine since.

Well I'm glad to hear that but that's not the point at all. Use what works and pay a fair price for it - that's all I'm saying. If you're paying for convenience then of course nobody should ever have an issue with that.

29 minutes ago, poachedeggz said:

I was looking at these guys to potentially upgrade my sniper. Can anyone shed some light light on PTFE hop, a Google search says it's something called mega teflon mod and I get the basics of it is to improve air seal or something? How does it compare to something like r-hop/flat-hop etc?

Wrong thread. You'll maybe want to use the search or open up a thread here: https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/29-single-action-guns/

This is a discussion for a retailer.

Archived