First gun

Ghost_101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I am new to airsoft and I am planning to buy my first gun very soon. I've been looking at bbguns4less.co.uk and there are many AEGs < 100 pounds but their qualities seem decent for beginners like me. However, I am not sure which gun should I choose.

1. Double Eagle m85 HK G36

2. Double Eagle m83 b2

3. Well d97 mp5k

4. Cyma CM 023 mp5

5. Galaxy g35 m200 spring sniper rifle

Those are my preferences and I am the kind of player who is very stealthy and take out my enemies by surprise and accuracy. Ambush is also my preferred option in a game. However, I am not sure which gun should I pick : smg, assualt or sniper?

Hi guys, I am new to airsoft and I am planning to buy my first gun very soon. I've been looking at bbguns4less.co.uk and there are many AEGs < 100 pounds but their qualities seem decent for beginners like me. However, I am not sure which gun should I choose.

2. Double Eagle m83 b2

3. Well d97 mp5k

4. Cyma CM 023 mp5

Those are my preferences and I am the kind of player who is very stealthy and take out my enemies by surprise and accuracy. Ambush is also my preferred option in a game. However, I am not sure which gun should I pick : smg, assualt or sniper?

Firstly, not many would suggest buying from there.

Look at the G&G Combat Machines at Crawley Surplus or Zero One, or the Valken's at Airsoft World would be my advice.

2. Double Eagle m83 b2

3. Well d97 mp5k

4. Cyma CM 023 mp5

Please comment you help is most appreciated!

Do not use any shop with 'bb' in their name.

And don't use a sniper for your first gun, Please.

I'm not 'experienced' however I have seen a friend get a sniper for the first gun and regret it instantly.

Shops to use (My Recommendation):

Patrol Base

Zero One Airsoft

Pro Airsoft Supplies

Personally I use a Krytac MK2 PDW (Very pricey for first gun.) but I went off the logic of, buy cheap buy twice. (And its a very nice gun, Thank you PT247 for swaying me to buy it)

However I also have a CYMA Kalashnikov (£150) which works wonders and is pretty reliable.

Both of the above are SMGs, which work well at range as well.

Someone with a bit more experience can probably give an exact gun that you should get, but as Im fairly new I dont want to give any info that might make you buy something you regret!

read the sticky guides on this forum and also look into the G&G Combat Machines if your budget is low, if you can't afford a Combat Machine, save for longer.

Buy nice or buy twice is true of a great number of things, one of them is definitey airsoft guns. Going down your list, CYMA is the only brand I would actually even consider entertaining (the others brands I more associate with cheap plinkers, you wont see them for sale on the more hobby oriented sites), but still far below what I would consider an advisable first preference. I know there are a lot of people who subscribe to the 'buy a cheap gun first' principle, but I'm not one of them and believe that dropping the money for a good gun the first time gives you both greater longevity and much more satisfaction. Better to go gunless for a few months while you save for something nice than buy a cheapy that you'll pay for more than once in parts and labour.

As for type of gun you should get, dont get me wrong but it seems to me that every new player want's to be the stealthy guy who gets the drop on other people, to much grandeur afforded to snipers in movies and video games. In reality it doesn't work out that way for most becasue often that style of play is actually quite boring for most, and the enemy doesn't make it as easy as it would sound. That in mind, it would make the most sense for you to get an assault rifle as a first time player, you can still sneak around and shoot people in the back with the best of them if that appeals to you without being hemmed in by the nature of a sniper rifle. There's also the fact that most good sniper rifles are upgraded to heck, your not going to get a great rifle out of the box, and certainly not one for less than 100 pounds.

• Moderators

as above replies :), but also please allow time for people to respond 14mins between posts, people do have lives.....well some of us!! :) haha

i take it your are approaching the magic 3 games so you have a little freedom to look around. If you haven't and not really played much, prob best to stick to rental to get a feel for what you like. The G&G range to start with, there are some deals etc at the moment to get you started or if no rush, save a bit more and get something different

your looking at over the £100 mark as you'll need other parts as well, battery(s), decent EYE PRO, face pro, possible extra mags etc etc...

have a read of the stickies, there is a guide as mentioned that will help you on your way

What Spectre said. Everything he said.

If you're intending on taking up airsoft as a sport (i.e. to play with other players, and not just to shoot targets in your back garden), go play first. Rent a gun, see what kind of thing you like.

You might find out you don't like AK stocks, or you may find a full metal gun is too heavy to carry around all day, or any number of other preferential things.

Keep in mind too that you might want a UKARA number (IT'S NOT A LICENSE - SEE THE 4 MILLION POSTS ON THIS IF REQUIRED), so that you can get a black gun (if you're over 18), and not a bright blue one. To get this you have to play at a registered site 3 times in a given time period (again, see the posts I CBA to look up all the facts on it).

And I'll absolutely reiterate the bit about "buy nice or buy twice", generally (in my experience) the £80-£160 bracket of brand new guns are OK, and they'll last you (again, "generally") a fair amount of time. But the £160-£300 bracket will offer far better performance and ("generally") will last a lot longer, if cared for properly. The £300+ bracket are obviously really good but you start to shell out money for showpiece type things, and the difference in performance in the end is minimal compared to the difference between a £100 gun and a £250 one. GENERALLY.

I have some experience in skirmish mainly paintball but its too expensive lol so am taking up airsoft I started on a budget if you like snipers and want a half decent springer my first was a well mb03 hits around 400fps with .25g bb that is good enough to skirmish with but for garden beer can ripping fun you cant go wrong for under £80 on bbguns4less by the way lol had mine a few months and love it but im looking to get a decent aeg to turn dmr now to use in a variety of ranges now for £200 give or take bbguns4less aint bad they just sell a lot of TOYS is the word of choice but do have a decent range of budget guns perfect for pre ukara skirmish

Please don't mention praise and those shops together in the same post in this forum, we do not want folk to think those shops are recommended by us in any shape or form.

Archived