MP7's

Albiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Used a WE(I think) GBB Mp7 yesterday at the Mall and fell in love with MP7s and want to run one when I play CQB now.

I am not bothered with GBB as I had 2 mags vent in one game, forgot to refill at lunch and the mags wee a pain to reload with BBs so for ease I think an AEG will work well for me and have found a TM MP7 AEG with faar too many mags I would ever use for a pretty good deal and am hugely tempted.

Is there anything I need to know or watch out for before I part with my cash?

The TM MP7 AEG is absolute garbage. The trigger response is terrible and it shoots like crap its the worst gun TM ever made avoid like the plague.

Get either the TM or KWA gbb no other one is even worth looking at.

:wacko:

Oh.. pissed on my parade hahah...

Seriously tho if they are that bad I may keep looking then. Im glad I did not have the money yesterday as I would have bought id. Figured Id look around and ask on here before parting with my monies

• Root Admin

Oh, I didn't even read that bit. Yeh, avoid the AEG.

No fun anyway, and the GBB ones work excellently due to having a much lighter bolt (which means less gas consumption and higher consistency). Also managed to put 'WE' when I meant 'KWA' above. I've owned a KWA one and at first it didn't shoot all that well, but with that new hop unit it's easily comparable to the TM. There's really no reason not to go for the TM though as it's easier to get spares and upgrades for, as well as being better out of the box.

Hmm.. Argh. Have my mind set on one and the AEG is a steal, I guess thats why...

Can I ask WHY the AEG is such pants?

Response on the one I saw seemed ok, and ROF was ridiculous, although I barely ever use full auto so kinda irrelevant for me.

• Supporters

The 'AEG' is actually an AEP (auto electric pistol). Much smaller gearbox than any conventional AEG so less power overall to work the spring/piston.

My brother has one, uses it all the time (to good effect), I've tried it, seems like a decent weapon and the ridiculously small size and tiny weight are just awesome imho. BUT you really need to use it where it works, in close quarters, the FPS is low and the range is fairly short; takes a while for the BB to travel any distance too ofc. If you're fighting people inside rooms and short corridors and other tight spaces I've personally found it to be super handy, you can one-hand it like a pistol but the plastic mid-caps available hold tons of rounds, are tiny and weigh absolutely nothing. Just do not expect it to be an all-rounder.

• Supporters

The 'AEG' is actually an AEP (auto electric pistol). Much smaller gearbox than any conventional AEG, so less power overall to work the spring/piston.

My brother has one, uses it all the time (to good effect), I've tried it, seems like a decent weapon and the ridiculously small size and tiny weight are just awesome imho. BUT you really need to use it where it work, in close quarters, the FPS is low and the range is fairly short; takes a while for the BB to travel any distance too ofc. If you're fighting people inside rooms and short corridors and other tight spaces I've personally found it to be super handy, you can one-hand it like a pistol but the plastic mid-caps available hold tons of rounds, are tiny and weigh absolutely nothing. Just do not expect it to be an all-rounder.

But the trigger response is still terrible and you will spend every game just waiting for it to break (because they all too often do).

A TM G18 with 50rnd mags is a better option if you want small and light. So is the KWA Mp9.

The 'AEG' is actually an AEP (auto electric pistol). Much smaller gearbox than any conventional AEG, so less power overall to work the spring/piston.

My brother has one, uses it all the time (to good effect), I've tried it, seems like a decent weapon and the ridiculously small size and tiny weight are just awesome imho. BUT you really need to use it where it work, in close quarters, the FPS is low and the range is fairly short; takes a while for the BB to travel any distance too ofc. If you're fighting people inside rooms and short corridors and other tight spaces I've personally found it to be super handy, you can one-hand it like a pistol but the plastic mid-caps available hold tons of rounds, are tiny and weigh absolutely nothing. Just do not expect it to be an all-rounder.

Not sure if you have played at The Mall, but the MP7 I used was epic there, totally suited the setting and my play style, I was super aggressive, even when defending I was gung ho out of the door taking the attack to the attackers often to good effect. Even got the jump on my brother who was playing and took out almost 20 people much to their surprise in the 'infected' first game as I knew everyone outside the corridor was an enemy :)

I get its a AEP not a AEG, I was just trying to clarify it was not a GBB ;)

Trigger response is something which has bugged me on previous guns I have had. I do like a crisp response when I fire. My Mp5K seems to take a week to trickle a bb out of the barrel after tugging on the trigger :( thats bugs the hell out of me.

I still want one, im not sure I will get the one offered to me now though as its only such a deal as it comes with 7 mags. but I only want three or four and I have read mixed reviews. Plenty of people claiming the electric one is great as a CQB or back up primary others with remarks about it not being great but no substance to their claim. Trigger saying the trigger response is really the only bad thing I have found (explanation wise) but I still need to look into it.

And I saw a MP9 online and liked that too, I am not too sure on the differences between a MP7 and MP9 yet but will do more digging.

Thanks for all your input so far!!

• Supporters

But the trigger response is still terrible and you will spend every game just waiting for it to break (because they all too often do).

A TM G18 with 50rnd mags is a better option if you want small and light. So is the KWA Mp9.

How many have you personally known of breaking, of the overall stock of thousands of them being used across the globe? Honestly, be interesting to know.

The trigger response is distinctly average on my brother's gun, but personally I really don't care given the aforementioned advantages it gives, I find it eminently practical for CQB in terms of handling and the logistic side vs a GBB. Just my opinion of course.

Not sure if you have played at The Mall, but the MP7 I used was epic there, totally suited the setting and my play style, I was super aggressive, even when defending I was gung ho out of the door taking the attack to the attackers often to good effect. Even got the jump on my brother who was playing and took out almost 20 people much to their surprise in the 'infected' first game as I knew everyone outside the corridor was an enemy :)

I get its a AEP not a AEG, I was just trying to clarify it was not a GBB ;)

Trigger response is something which has bugged me on previous guns I have had. I do like a crisp response when I fire. My Mp5K seems to take a week to trickle a bb out of the barrel after tugging on the trigger :( thats bugs the hell out of me.

I still want one, im not sure I will get the one offered to me now though as its only such a deal as it comes with 7 mags. but I only want three or four and I have read mixed reviews. Plenty of people claiming the electric one is great as a CQB or back up primary others with remarks about it not being great but no substance to their claim. Trigger saying the trigger response is really the only bad thing I have found (explanation wise) but I still need to look into it.

And I saw a MP9 online and liked that too, I am not too sure on the differences between a MP7 and MP9 yet but will do more digging.

The Mall is the place me and my brother have used the MP7 the most, incredibly handy in those corridors, tiny storage rooms etc. Personally I wouldn't use it for many other sites because the mall has, on average throughout a given day, the closest engagement distances of anywhere I've played at. The TM MP7 GBB also gets rave reviews from a lot of people, same form factor with far better trigger response, just obviously takes a bit more time (overall) to re-bomb magazines.

Only MP9 I know of is the KWA GBB version, KWA make a GBB MP7 as well. Seen a lot of good reviews for both, seen both work well in games, few bad reviews too and magazines seem pretty rare. The most 'sensible' options overall would be guns like the Scorpion Evo or GHK G5, small and with absolutely solid, proven track-records from a LOT of people who've used them for a long time.

Whilst the power is a bit lacking, my TM MP7 AEP has been by far the most reliable airsoft gun i've owned, coming on to 8 years old, never skipped a beat, and has probably had more bb's through it than all of the other guns i've ever owned combined. I've never seen one that hasn't been modified which has broken.

Thanks guys, most reviews I have seen is by people selling or doing reviews from a just bought and tested point of view not a skirmished with it for X amount of time.

I certainly want something just for The Mall, want it bigger than a pistol so a MP9 or larger but not interested in breaking the bank. Cant afford £300 on it right now, have my heart set on a Krytac for outdoors and thats more pressing for me to buy. The Mp7 was because I borrowed one and loved it and found it suited me so much I NEED one for when im at the mall and dont want to keep borrowing something.

Not entirely sure I will buy the TM one, it comes with 7 mags and is £180... For that money I can buy one brand new it seems, also I dont need 7 mags (if I do im playing the game wrong)

• Supporters

How many have you personally known of breaking, of the overall stock of thousands of them being used across the globe? Honestly, be interesting to know.

I have know a few go wrong and out of the six people I know who still use them 2 are ok and they are the oldest 2. The other 4 have had issues with the gearbox. One of them has gone wrong multiple times and has now been hpa'ed and 1 is going up for sale because he has had enough of it.

Not saying every single one is a dog because I am sure there are good ones but not enough that I would ever recommended them.

The original ones seem to have less issues than the later ones though so something definitely changed along the way.

To the OP mp9's and mp7's regularly come up for sale so it is worth keeping a regular eye on the classifieds. Think monty had an MP9 for sale.

To the OP mp9's and mp7's regularly come up for sale so it is worth keeping a regular eye on the classifieds. Think monty had an MP9 for sale.

Cheers.. Probably gone leave the one I saw but still want something along those lines!!

again, Thanks everyone for your input :)

• Supporters

As a CQB gun I honestly don't think it's possible to beat the TM MP7 GBB; Insanely accurate even at long distance (you don't need this for really close CQB, but being able to ping someone'a fingers sticking round a corner with only one shot is a great thing), instant trigger response (its gas, duh!) great recoil for a small gun, LOUD, very gas efficient, 40 round mags.

Rather than get the disappointing AEP version save a little longer and go gas, it's worth it.

• 1 year later...

I’ve never shot a GBB MP7 so unfortunately cannot comment there. However I have the Well MP7 and can pass back some feedback there as it’s apparently a good copy of the TM?

anyway for CQB it’s a nice weapon to run. Last used it at Battlestations Activities Snetterton. And while defending the ship was effective stopping people getting in generally. While attacking the ship that was a different matter. On approach to the ship most targets on second floor it was tricky to get the hop right to get a good shot, or they just didn’t feel or ignored hits lol. So it was best used getting in the ship and pushing hard.

ive never played at the mall but for close range engagements I think it’s a decent weapon. I have upgraded mine with Li-Po and mosfet and trigger response feels nice, need to do some work to shorten the pull I guess maybe chuck in a better motor.

im not sure if it’s the kind of gun you can run all day. I’ve heard things about them overheating and melting internally (mini fire perhaps? That was reported on a TM). So I’ve only used mine for a game here and there or as a side arm, so maybe not advised for a full days airsoft?

TM GBB> KWA GBB> Well aep (because it’s so cheap)> TM Aep. Love my TM mp7 gbb

Never did get to the bottom of my Mp7 Dillema, problem is now I dont know if I want a MP7 or Scorpion Evo :rolleyes:

I am shying away from GBB as I have used my mates GBB MP7 a couple of times and there have been venting / freezing issues with it over the cold months, normally costing me kills in a firefight GRRR and I personally love the ease of AEG/AEPs as I have never owned a GBB (other than a pistol) before and understand they need more maintenance than electric.

But im kind of having too much fun with my MK23 to want anything else for CQB right now

I’ve never had a venting issue with my Tm mp7, but I don’t mag dump it. Semi only in cqb. If you need an AEG, a scorpion EVO is a million times better than an aep mp7

23 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Ive been trying to buy a TM MP7 (GBB) for ages, always too late to find the sale :angry:

Had a KWA one which dont get me wrong it was good, but i want TM.

I dont really have the disposable income right now so its a moot point, but If I ever see a TM GBB Mp7 or a Scorpion Evo for sale at a reasonable price without 32 mags and a load of extra crap I will never use I will be straight on it!

Like you say I only ever see the great deals after they have closed lol

Archived