G&G CM16 Raider L - Compatibility

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I would like to get the Raider L as a general all-rounder/non-specific, but do people know if:

- The sights are removable without taking a hacksaw to it (disputed topics among this and it appears some G&G CMs are, some aren't).

- I'm able to fit a metal rail system to it - like this: http://bit.ly/2hGSDMn

- The pistol grip is changeable to something more ergonomic like this: http://bit.ly/2hd7AVp

why not just buy a gun that has the bits on it already?

jeesh what's the deal with this forum and non-answers?

Because it's a: ridiculously expensive or b: doesn't exist

If you can find a sub-£200 AEG that's just as good and has a 14" barrel, full metal quad RIS, ergo grip and no pesky triangle sight, then be my guest!

DBoys HK416?

from what I can see, it's more of a short barrel CQB weapon.

Looks nice and certainly more along the lines of what I want, but doesn't have the metal RIS so I'd still end up having to switch it out at another £60 or so, plus another £15 for the grip.

Don't like the keymod (here we go again :P) or that carry handle - no rail on top.

No quad 20mm rail.

Yeah it has. Full length top and bottom and moveable short rails on the side.

Yep only short rails. I want full length on 4 sides.

Why? And whats the reason you want a long rifle?

I like the texture and appearance.

Because I don't like the look of short stubby CQB stuff.

• Supporters

I like the texture and appearance.

Because I don't like the look of short stubby CQB stuff.

Thats fair enough but I would always put function over form.

All the extra weight and length ends up as hindrance though which is why you will see most good experienced airsofters go for the most manageable gun they can get.

Thats fair enough but I would always put function over form.

All the extra weight and length ends up as hindrance though which is why you will see most good experienced airsofters go for the most manageable gun they can get.

Yeah I get that - although I have it in the back of my mind that I may end up transforming it into a DMR at some point down the road.

Also, for me, airsoft is a game and just lots of fun. The day I start buying guns I don't really like to hold or shoot, purely because they have certain performance specs and they're more "manageable", is the day I start taking airsoft way too seriously. And if I'm constantly being bugged by it, then it would be a waste of money because I'd only end up buying something else later on to replace it.

Looks nice and certainly more along the lines of what I want, but doesn't have the metal RIS.....

just fit rails to the keymod if you want the "look" of having un-necessary rail space with the "feel" of a cheese grater on your delicate hands! :D

Yeah I get that - although I have it in the back of my mind that I may end up transforming it into a DMR at some point down the road.

Also, for me, airsoft is a game and just lots of fun. The day I start buying guns I don't really like to hold or shoot, purely because they have certain performance specs and they're more "manageable", is the day I start taking airsoft way too seriously. And if I'm constantly being bugged by it, then it would be a waste of money because I'd only end up buying something else later on to replace it.

An M4 would never be a DMR in the real world and would not be allowed on some sites.... but a DMR does not need to have 80' of rail space either! ;-) lol

Aye it is a game and each to their own so would hate to give you advice that led to you wasting money buying something with decent performance when it would be far more wisely spent on some mutton dressed up as lamb. :rolleyes:

An M4 would never be a DMR in the real world and would not be allowed on some sites.... but a DMR does not need to have 80' of rail space either! ;-) lol

Aye it is a game and each to their own so would hate to give you advice that led to you wasting money buying something with decent performance when it would be far more wisely spent on some mutton dressed up as lamb. :rolleyes:

Some of us can't afford the lamb. As much as I'd like to run around with a £600 Ares SR25, it's not an option for me :P

Hmm, before seeing this, I was pretty fixed on getting the G&G raider l. Now I'm back to the drawing board I guess! Anyway, if I can get something better for around the same price, I appreciate everyone's input.

Thinking maybe it's worth spending a bit more, and going with the CM16 SRL, fitting 9' picatinny down the sides and underneath, then I don't have to worry about the ergo grip, flip sights etc.

But jumping from a £120 raider L to a £220 SRL is a bit steep!

To be honest, I'm just getting impatient because I seem to own everything I could possibly want, except a primary weapon lol

What kind of person would show up to a skirmish with a rig, couple of optics, vertical grip, picatinny 600LM flashlight, 4 mags, flashbangs, smokes, sidearm and mags, full multicam operator loadout but no main weapon?

Oy vey.

• Supporters

Thinking maybe it's worth spending a bit more, and going with the CM16 SRL, fitting 9' picatinny down the sides and underneath, then I don't have to worry about the ergo grip, flip sights etc.

To be honest, I'm just getting impatient because I seem to own everything I could possibly want, except a primary weapon lol

What kind of person would show up to a skirmish with a rig, couple of optics, vertical grip, picatinny 600LM flashlight, 4 mags, flashbangs, smokes, sidearm and mags, full multicam operator loadout but no main weapon?

Oy vey.

Just think if you hadn't wasted all your money on looking the part you could buy a decent gun. The only gear that matters in airsoft is eyepro and weapon.

I agree with your point about its all about having fun but that fun should come from the enjoyment of playing the game and not how you look.

I personally would if I am honest take the piss out of someone who turned up at a skirmish like that because its like some weird military cross dresser.

Oy vey.

Your £120 Raider "needs" £70+ spent on it as well as being hacksawed so voiding its warranty to look how you wnt it to look so really you are just adding £30 to the cost and ending up with a better gun.

I can only hope you are trolling us re all the gear you say you have, could have got yourself that SR25 if you hadn't spunked it all on that lot!

Your £120 Raider "needs" £70+ spent on it as well as being hacksawed so voiding its warranty to look how you wnt it to look so really you are just adding £30 to the cost and ending up with a better gun.

I can only hope you are trolling us re all the gear you say you have, could have got yourself that SR25 if you hadn't spunked it all on that lot!

I wish I was trolling you too. I've just spent so many months trying to work out the best option for my first primary, I've ended up getting all the other stuff bit by bit in the meantime. It just seems whenever I finally decide on something, someone pops up and says "get this instead". Then when I look at that, another person pops up and says "get this instead".

Sick and tired of it now, just want to get a decent gun that I'm happy to shoot, happy to look at and happy to hold, and be done with it.

A waste of £600 either way.

I never play CQB, I don't want a compact CQB gun. I don't want to spend any more than I have to, so I'm giving up on the whole metal ris over keymod bullcrap. If it's polymer, it's polymer.

I don't want a bullpup.

I want a nice pistol grip, and there's bonus points on accuracy. High ROF is pointless, I spend pretty much my whole time on semi.

If it's over £200, it's not happening. Doesn't matter if it's £1 over or £100 over. If it starts with a 2 or above, I'm not getting it.

I have spoken. :P

I would personally get the m16 that was posted up , the handle Un screws in seconds and reveals plenty of rail space on top , it will look the part in terms of DMR and if I'm not mistaken ICS brand have a easier system for changing the spring so will help when you actually want to tune it aswell. If you don't like the stock then swap it for a another same for the hand grip. The solid stock will help in terms of battery space though.

Archived