Low stock fps for TM springers?

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm interested in buying the TM L96 (if not that, one of the other TM spring sniper rifles) and I've noticed that the stock fps is pretty low (280 fps using 0.2g bbs) compared to other stock sniper rifles. What sort of range would I be getting if I bought one and ran it stock? I'm fine with the low fps (Although, some people wear a couple of layers at my site and might not feel the bb lol) but a long engagement distance is what I'm looking for here, combined with the high quality of TM products.

Cheers :)

TM RIFs are set to meet the FPS standards set in Japan, so will always be lower than UK limits. That said, the range on a well set up TM sniper will be better than a lot of higher FPS other makes, with good accuracy as well. You can still upgrade them and most are easily improved. Look on sites like: http://airsoftpro.cz/en for compatible upgrade parts.

It will have the same range as an AEG. Mine was 310fps out the box on 0.2g BBs and was able to match a well set up AEG on range, was more accurate I felt but that could have been in my head. I fully upgraded mine almost straight away but only bumped the fps up to 350 as it was fun running a BASR with no MED, I soon got fed up with not having any more range than an AEG though and bumped it up to almost 500fps

• Supporters

TM RIFs are set to meet the FPS standards set in Japan, so will always be lower than UK limits. That said, the range on a well set up TM sniper will be better than a lot of higher FPS other makes, with good accuracy as well. You can still upgrade them and most are easily improved. Look on sites like: http://airsoftpro.cz/en for compatible upgrade parts.

Once the BB hits someone, they'll barely feel it unfortunately.

Archived