Tokyo Marui 416 DEVGRU custom carbine

Callumw95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good question.

I have the CRB but not a TM AEG so cant compare.

Obviously the TM is a lot more money, is representative of a real military weapon but as I understand it uses proprietary TM mags and battery.

The bolt locking back on the last round and the recoil are desirable.

The CRB is a good rifle out of the box. Ive just put largely cosmetic external upgrades on like a sight, foregrip, PEQ and midcaps - Ive not gone inside the rifle to upgrade anything.

Why would you want to upgrade it before you've even got to know how it shoots out of the box ?

I'd say MK2 CRB and my mate hwould say TM 416D. Really it's whether you like keymod or not. Another thing is if you want bolt stop functionality with the TM, magazines are expensive. At the end of the day the CRB is too much fun.

Take a look at Random Trashys YouTube channel - He's done a full review of the Marui Devgru. I have one myself, is a fantastic piece of kit. Haven't used the CRB so I can't comment on that rifle I'm afraid

Take a look at Random Trashys YouTube channel - He's done a full review of the Marui Devgru. I have one myself, is a fantastic piece of kit. Haven't used the CRB so I can't comment on that rifle I'm afraid

The Marui is amazing If I had the money I dont doubt I'd have got that over my CRB. I think it comes down to if you want EBB with or 20+ rps out of the box and keymod.

• Supporters

The Marui is amazing If I had the money I dont doubt I'd have got that over my CRB. I think it comes down to if you want EBB with or 20+ rps out of the box and keymod.

I doubt keymod has much to do with the decision making process of for anybody. Most people just use ris rail attached to the keymod not dedicated keymod accessories. Also the Uk version doesn't hit 20rps out the box, certainly not consistently anyway.

Simple answer is the crb has faster trigger response and better made internals.

The Marui has better externals and a bolt stop function (the recoil is weak and no more than a gimmick). Original parts are more readily available in the uk as well.

Its more a case of do you want to spend £350 or £550 because actual usage experience and quality is great on both.

I would personally go for the Krytac for the trigger response.

I doubt keymod has much to do with the decision making process of for anybody. Most people just use ris rail attached to the keymod not dedicated keymod accessories. Also the Uk version doesn't hit 20rps out the box, certainly not consistently anyway.

Simple answer is the crb has faster trigger response and better made internals.

The Marui has better externals and a bolt stop function (the recoil is weak and no more than a gimmick). Original parts are more readily available in the uk as well.

Its more a case of do you want to spend £350 or £550 because actual usage experience and quality is great on both.

I would personally go for the Krytac for the trigger response.

Mines hitting 22rps consistently out of the box. Perhaps a one off?

• Supporters

I was under the impression all Tridents had the 30k motor, they only change the spring for the uk?

Nope the UK trident has a 20k motor. There were some of the Mk1's kicking around with the 30k in them that found there way on to the UK market from the early batches but they weren't very common.

Blame Shield for that it was their stupid advice.

Nope the UK trident has a 20k motor. There were some of the Mk1's kicking around with the 30k in them that found there way on to the UK market from the early batches but they weren't very common.

Blame Shield for that it was their stupid advice.

That's crap. I'll take a look at the motor tomorrow. If I have ended up with a 30k motor I wonder how that's happened?

• Supporters

Possibly but I bought It two weeks ago.

Is it a Mk1 or Mk2?

Pretty sure the MK2 has still got the same 20k motor.

As prof said could be an import or your chrono is dodgy. If I put my gun on an XCORTECH X3200 it gives a higher rps than the chrono on my gun which gives the same readings as a skan.

I know which ones I trust.

Is it a Mk1 or Mk2?

Pretty sure the MK2 has still got the same 20k motor.

As prof said could be an import or your chrono is dodgy. If I put my gun on an XCORTECH X3200 it gives a higher rps than the chrono on my gun which gives the same readings as a skan.

I know which ones I trust.

MK2, I chrono'd using my XCORTECH X3300W. I'll open it up this evening because I'm genuinely curious now anyway.

Archived