Best "out of the box" sniper rifle

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I've been playing airsoft for quite a while now and would like to get into sniping. I feel that I'd much rather take (reasonably) accurate shots from a distance than be closer and just spray 24/7 (I end up using 500 bbs in a 30 min game sometimes) and combine that with camoflague (I've invested quite a lot of money into my ghillie suit (£150 roughly)). Now, I have a budget of £400 but am willing to go up to £500 if absolutely necessary. I'm also pretty new to the whole upgrading thing so I would like to get a gun that is between £400 and £500 and can reliably get 430-480 fps even when it's stock.

Cheers!

Edit: Sorry, I'd like it to be a springer sniper rifle :)

• Supporters

Few options. Either go the Monty route (cheapest possible then spend remainder on upgrades) or get a TM VSR (or if you hate VSRs for whatever reason get a TM L96) if you don't want to get upgrades yet. Keep in mind even a TM wont really give you any sort of advantage against an AEG if you don't upgrade it.

• Root Admin

I too went the Monty route and bought a clapped-out JG BAR. I don't think a single part in there is stock now. Even the receiver is different.

Unfortunately the thing about sniper rifles in airsoft is you do need to put a fair amount of money into them to make them competitive against everything else. Some recent offerings like that Ares Striker have perhaps begun to buck that trend though.

Didn't TM announce a new VSR or am I pulling that out my bum?

That looks pretty trick. Pretty much pre upgraded compression/ trigger parts and lots of steel. Kinda like the A&K M24.

Copy of the PDi unit is cute but sadly they suck.

Shame it isn't compatible with standard parts(especially hopup) but cool non the less

Nice to see companies coming out with good stuff and not just cloning marui pot metal

Archived