Just installed the Gate Titan

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Read the instructions, watch the videos. The only thing they don't tell you is that the trigger will try and jump out of place as you're trying to bring the gearbox halves together, and if it does and you're unlucky it can either unseat the top board from the pins or potentially damage the optical trigger sensors. I get round the issue by using a pair of sturdy self grip tweezers to hold the trigger in place until the shell halves are together, at which point you can simply pull the tweezers clear.

Guest scalawag
58 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Read the instructions, watch the videos. The only thing they don't tell you is that the trigger will try and jump out of place as you're trying to bring the gearbox halves together, and if it does and you're unlucky it can either unseat the top board from the pins or potentially damage the optical trigger sensors. I get round the issue by using a pair of sturdy self grip tweezers to hold the trigger in place until the shell halves are together, at which point you can simply pull the tweezers clear.

Thanks for the tip mate, I will definitely bare that in mind when I install mine.  Watched the video from Gate a couple of times now, and down loaded the manual from the Gate site to familiarise myself with the installation.  I've been into a couple of gearboxes now, and installed a mosfet with trigger wires previously too, so I am fairly confident I will just be able to crack on when they arrive and install them relatively easily.;)

Guest scalawag

Just reporting back Chaps.  I installed my first Gate Titan today.  All went well during installation and set up and I am very very pleased with it.  Thanks for the tips Hangtight, the extra knowledge was invaluable.

Hey guys I've got one of these bad boys installed in a v3 gearbox I agree with the general consensus, it's awesome. 

I keep hearing people thinking about the programming card. For some reason probably to get you to spend more they don't advertise the fact they have an app for your phone. use the usb module with a micro usb to micro usb cable. You can do everything you can on a pc.

Guest scalawag

Second one installed this afternoon.  A bit of swearing getting the gearbox to close when reassembling, but all good in the end.  The Titan really is a great ECU, and the sensors rather than a physical trigger connection are brilliant.  I really like the Control station software, which has complete Mac compatibility and support which is nice for me as that is what I use.  I find it really easy to use, and set up the guns with.  I really like that you can switch the pre-cocking with the selector too.  The only thing I don't like so much is the lack of a physical block to the trigger when the weapon is on safe.  You can still pull the trigger on safe, it's just that nothing happens when you do, but I do understand that some of the fire selector settings do need the trigger to move in the "safe" position so all cool really, just a personal preference thing.

All in all I love these new Titans they are brilliant, and I don't know why I didn't put these in my AEGs ages ago lol.

Archived