Just installed the Gate Titan

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Man this thing is nice, comes in a fancy foam padded box with a fancy box.

This thing is exactly how I expected, awesome. You can set the trigger setting to wherever you want to actually start the cycle, mine is the highest (5) so it needs to be pulled all the way back to fire which basically stops gearbox lockups as it won't fire if you half pull it. The USB-Link is pretty cool too and very easy to setup although the software is a little bit of a hassle to find to download.

Built very sturdily, nice colour and Alpha EcoWiring which fits okay-ish in a G&P gearbox. No modification required to the G&P gearbox to fit this thing besides ditching a few bits that aren't necessary anymore. Feels so weird without the trigger trolley on the trigger now though, very light trigger pull which isn't what I'm used to. Installation was actually...easy.

Haven't tried it much but my gun sounds louder and I know that may sound like a stupid thing to say but I know what it sounds like and it's definitely louder and snappier. I have no idea why besides the acoustics inside the gearbox have changed which is a bit silly but it definitely sounds like it has more of a snap. Trigger response and all is nice with the pre-cocking but I just turnt it off as it didn't really have much of an effect for some reason or maybe I just didn't notice it because I'm tired as shit right now :D .

I've never owned a BTC Spectre so I can't really compare them but I have to say that if this thing is reliable as well as a good performer, then I think I've scored myself a winner. I have to say that the wiring is not very malleable and is a bit of a pain but it's also tough and resistant to me prodding it with a flat head screwdriver for an hour. The pins that connect the pcb's are very snug indeed when inserted into their ports and gives the whole thing a very sturdy, tough feel.

Not really a review and more of a "so this thing is cool" so I thought I'd post it in General as it isn't worthy of the review thread IMO although I would do a review if I wasn't so tired.

• Supporters

ahh - one day maybe

can see on high response guns or DSG's really needing to go this route for sure

(full control in stopping the bastid asap to prevent over spin)

did you need to remove a bit of material around the switch area like some other types of installs might need in some boxes ???

fully get that some of them advanced features & stuff is like a f*cking mensa test

but usb or program card has gotta be easier to play with - though not out on field

I'm sure it will perform very well and hold up in good reliable GATE standards

some of the Jefferson & maybe the odd ACSU have had some issues I have read

glad the install went well - guess the trigger will seem strangely light but no doubt you will get used to it

cheers for update

Didn't need to remove any material funnily enough which is lucky considering how awkward G&P's are with....everything!

The pre-cocking function is supposed to constantly work on the AUTO setting which is what I just tried it on but was too tired to read and comprehend basic english. Pre-cocking works like a gooden. The snap of this thing on an 11.1v is crazy. Literally feels instant when set on high although I probably will just turn it off as it can increase wear if I'm not mistaken.

Only thing is, since trying it on AUTO it's actually packed up. I get a motor Disc error which is confusing the hell out of me seeming as it only stopped working when I live fired it. Seems a bit annoying but I've already emailed the techs at Gate with the error codes as the Titan has a diagnostic error code page where it can tell you what is wrong which is cool as fuck. I know it is installed right but I'm going to check to see if the motor isn't chomping away at the wires and this is some kind of fail safe mechanism. No doubt Gate is gonna reply back telling me I've done something stupid somewhere.

Just to anyone who stumble onto this thread........for some reason it's just started working again completely out of the blue....very strange but I've ordered a brand new Lonex gearbox to cater for the wiring hassle and I'm not gonna touch it until I install a fresh one just in case the motor decides to eat the wiring. I originally had the Gate Merf 3.2 but for some reason, switching over to this Titan has upped the trigger response completely and that's with pre-cocking off.

I still cannot get this thing to lockup no matter how slowly I pull the trigger, it's insane. I can also pull the trigger as fast as I want and it will work flawlessly. When I am pulling the trigger, I stick my finger through the trigger guard and wack it back and forth against the magwell and the trigger and I get up to the point of doing this seriously fast for any AEG to handle and the Merf packed up and locked when doing this but this thing is like going from standard AEG SSG to a freakin DSG. I just can't get across the responsiveness of this thing. Bear in mind I have short stroked SHS 13:1 gears and a SHS HT motor but this comparing this to the MERF still goes to show how much of an advantage this thing has. I love the trigger sensitivity and still am playing around with it because putting the trigger on the lowest setting which is setting 2 out of 5 is just funny. I mean it's like having a stupidly short stroked trigger. Man, this thing is funny.

No programming in different batteries because they have a different voltage either. 3 beeps when you put in an 11.1v and 2 beeps for a 7.4v.

I would recommend it to anyone who craves performance but I'm not sure if I would recommend over the BTC Spectre as I haven't seen the features or benefits of it over the Titan but from just my experience alone, I would recommend to anyone wanting to get the highest amount of performance out of their airsoft gun.

You'll never be able to lock it up, it's got cycle completion so you physically cannot get the cut off lever stuck in the wrong place.

Well that explains it :lol: So me trying all I can is not emphasising how amazing it is...just how stupid I am :D

The more you know I guess...I suppose it helps being that there is no cut off lever anymore.

I need to look more into how a gearbox actually operates in the meantime but let me, for damage control, reiterate that I am definitely a very novice tech.

Well that explains it :lol: So me trying all I can is not emphasising how amazing it is...just how stupid I am :D

The more you know I guess...I suppose it helps being that there is no cut off lever anymore.

I need to look more into how a gearbox actually operates in the meantime but let me, for damage control, reiterate that I am definitely a very novice tech.

Did you buy the full package for £131.27 from gate.eu or just the mosfet by itself?

Did you buy the full package for £131.27 from gate.eu or just the mosfet by itself?

I bought the mosfet and the Gate USB Link separately. I didn't see the need to buy the Programming Card as I was planning on setting it and leaving it alone. As well as that I can still update the firmware as I like but if you do buy it, you might as well buy the full package for ease of use because it isnt that much more money and very expensive as lone items. Took a bastid long time for them to finally ship it but from shipment email to delivery was about the right amount of time (2 weeks ish)

I bought the mosfet and the Gate USB Link separately. I didn't see the need to buy the Programming Card as I was planning on setting it and leaving it alone. As well as that I can still update the firmware as I like but if you do buy it, you might as well buy the full package for ease of use because it isnt that much more money and very expensive as lone items. Took a bastid long time for them to finally ship it but from shipment email to delivery was about the right amount of time (2 weeks ish)

where was it shipped from if you remember? I dont wanna wait for forever, since my ASCU gen4 for v2 gearbox broke on me. I somehow managed to break plastic bit which cut off level has to touch :/

where was it shipped from if you remember? I dont wanna wait for forever, since my ASCU gen4 for v2 gearbox broke on me. I somehow managed to break plastic bit which cut off level has to touch :/

Poland would you believe! I honestly would say that it is worth the wait. Much better than the ASCU stuff. I'm reinstalling it into a Lonex Gearbox as we speak.

Just got it off of Gate's website: http://www.gatee.eu/online-store/online-store-2

Poland would you believe! I honestly would say that it is worth the wait. Much better than the ASCU stuff. I'm reinstalling it into a Lonex Gearbox as we speak.

Just got it off of Gate's website: http://www.gatee.eu/online-store/online-store-2

Of all the places it has to be poland lmao :D , I'm stuck in between BTC chimera and Gate titan :/, i can get either one just not sure which is better. Since i never had BTC mosfet. Also i have ASCU in my m4, short stroked trigger so i basically have hair trigger and response is great, I can lay down around 5 to 8 rounds in a second on semi auto.

I was in a similar pinch with the Spectre and Titan but Titan came out first and is mass produced so I just went for it and didn't regret it. Remember that the chimera still has a unit that sits along the wiring in the stock which can be annoying which is the main reason that I went for the Titan, small but rock solid wiring all the way up to the battery without any weird things placed inconveniently along the wiring.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread so I figured it's a good place to ask.

I was wondering has this mosfet still held it's ground after a year of play?

It seems to be the best one out there. I'm hovering over the "buy me" button! :D

3 hours ago, Immortal said:

I know this is an old thread so I figured it's a good place to ask.

I was wondering has this mosfet still held it's ground after a year of play?

It seems to be the best one out there. I'm hovering over the "buy me" button! :D

Simple answer yes.

Slightly longer answer - there is a v3 coming out... 

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Simple answer yes.

Slightly longer answer - there is a v3 coming out... 

Cool. I had seen mentions of v2 & V3 but I wasn't sure if that just related to V2 & V3 gearboxes?

Some sights have it listed with no version number, some say V2 and some GBV2 so I was getting a little lost! :D

I assumed the V number was just what gearbox it would fit? I did search and only found the V3 titan mentions V3 gearboxes?

I have a V2 gearbox so I'm not sure what to buy now... I'm glad you've mentioned it before I pushed the button.

The V3 just refers to the fact that you can now buy a version that fits a V3 gearbox. Buy one! Love mine. Just get the version with the USB module. The programming board is a bit clunky. The fact I can plug it into my phone or tablet (Android only) and mess with the settings with a 2 quid USB OTG lead is cool.

They're almost disappointingly easy to set up. The only problem I've had is that I now want them in all my guns...

Just now, Hangtight said:

The V3 just refers to the fact that you can now buy a version that fits a V3 gearbox. Buy one! Love mine. Just get the version with the USB module. The programming board is a bit clunky. The fact I can plug it into my phone or tablet (Android only) and mess with the settings with a 2 quid USB OTG lead is cool.

They're almost disappointingly easy to set up. The only problem I've had is that I now want them in all my guns...

:D That's what I wanna hear! V2 it is then.

They do sound, look & review with flying colours. I'll go for the complete package.

Thanks for clarifying! It could have been an expensive mistake... ;)

3 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Honestly, save yourself 25 quid and just get the USB link.

Thing is I don't have an Android so I'd need to get the clunky control as there's no way I'm leaving my laptop in the safe zone.

I know it's unlikely I'd need to keep tinkering with it once it's set up but I'd like the option should it arise for whatever reason.

• 2 months later...
Guest StrategyBish

Ode to revive a dead thread..

Just had a titan installed and I am wondering if I need to do anything to decock it at the end of the day, after using the precock function?

Guest scalawag

Jumping in on an older thread I know, but I just ordered a full set and a drop in both V2s for my M4s.  I have been debating it for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger (pun intended) on them today.  Going to have a go at installing them myself as it does not look too onerous a task and plenty of info, but I guess I might need to call on some of you experienced folks if I do have problems.

Archived