G36c with poorish FPS

nuttytechy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys.

My g36c is firing around 230/240 fps. I have fitted a higher spring and spring guide, New piston, New seals, New bucking and nub, Put PTFE around the end of the hop up where it meets the barrel and there is no significant increase.

Any ideas what I could do next ?

• Supporters

Sounds like it's the nozzle not making a good seal to me.

Plus you've changed everything else so unless you've just put it back together badly that's the only other thing it can really be!

When I put it back together, I made sure I did it correctly, Checked, Rechecked, Double checked etc. Dried fired when just the gearbox was out to made sure I could get air coming out etc.

I have not changed the nozzle so I think that is the next port of call.

Was the low fps the reason you fitted those parts or it was ok before that?

The cylinder might be the other way around.

It's been the same roughly, Probably a slight improvement when fitted the new gear.

I have the cylinder with the hole in the side on the back part of the gearbox.

Its a V3 gearbox

Is it a JG? The JGs have a 1mm longer nozzle than the Marui or CA ones. Maybe that's where it went wrong in its history.

I shall check if its a JG. I think it is as the gearing is all JG, The only issue is that I'm not sure its full history as someone purchased it, Sold it to someone else etc then it came into my possession. Its like a prozzy, Everyone has had a turn lol.

Ok sitrep,

I checked the nozzle and it was the standard crappy plastic stock one. I have now purchased an SHS nozzle for a fiver with an o-ring and I have increased the FPS to around 280 now so I think im gonna leave it there now.

Ok sitrep,

I checked the nozzle and it was the standard crappy plastic stock one. I have now purchased an SHS nozzle for a fiver with an o-ring and I have increased the FPS to around 280 now so I think im gonna leave it there now.

Have you chrono'd it with the hop all the way off?

Yes but you chrono with the hop set to the ammo you are using.

If you chrono with the hop set and get 340fps with 0.2 and then wind the hop off and get 360fps its still only the first one that counts.

Yeah my thought was that if he chrono'd expecting one thing and didnt get it, he might have the hop all the way on. I had that issue on my KWA G36C which is why it came to mind that's all. I have a feeling the hop up is cack on my KWA though.

Have you chrono'd it with the hop all the way off?

The hop wasn't all the way off as I was doing some pre fire testing and adjusting before it came to chrono.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, After doing some investigation and throwing money at new parts which has done me a favour as the others were worn and needed replacing anyway.... The barrel which was installed, was not the stock barrel and I checked the internal diameter and it was reading 6.07mm which would explain why I was getting the poor FPS. I am going to order a 6.03mm tightbore so hopefully the air around the BB will be reduced and more will be behind the BB when fired..... In theory lol.

• Supporters

That won't help. Sorry but it seems you don't know much about the workings of the AEG, you would spare a lot of money if you just give it to a techie. The normal barrel is 6.08. A tightbore will give +15-20 fps.

That won't help. Sorry but it seems you don't know much about the workings of the AEG, you would spare a lot of money if you just give it to a techie. The normal barrel is 6.08. A tightbore will give +15-20 fps.

I do not want to urinate on your bonfire but I do know quite alot of AEG's and after all the work I did to it managed to push it up to 300 fps.

The barrel in question was not the original stock barrel. I took the gun to a techie after running out of ideas and I was going to get a newer barrel anyway and that is where we checked the diameter and suggested for the 6.03.

I had to replace most of the inner workings of the gearbox etc as they were pretty worn and even the nozzle had some slack and play.

• Supporters

I do not want to urinate on your bonfire but I do know quite alot of AEG's and after all the work I did to it managed to push it up to 300 fps.

The barrel in question was not the original stock barrel. I took the gun to a techie after running out of ideas and I was going to get a newer barrel anyway and that is where we checked the diameter and suggested for the 6.03.

I had to replace most of the inner workings of the gearbox etc as they were pretty worn and even the nozzle had some slack and play.

Willy waving aside, you should still get 300FPS easily with a 6.08 ID barrel. Yes, a TBB will help to increase your FPS but I maintain that the issue is/was elsewhere.

Archived