Disabled people simply cannot obtain an R.I.F through UKARA.

Verdant Trash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In order to obtain a UKARA licence, you HAVE to participate in 3 skirmishes in the space of 2 to 12 months. This would mean if someone physically wasn't able to participate in an airsoft skirmish, then they cannot obtain an R.I.F, even just for target practice. This is simply discrimination and for the law to hold against people who are experiencing this issue, is atrocious. Please spread the word and help the people who cannot get a UKARA licence.

• Supporters

1) Its not a licence.

2) UKARA is for airsoft players if you cant play you don't need it.

3) Airsoft is generally played in woodland and disused buildings so I think wheelchairs rolling down hills or careering down stairs is a health and safety risk for all players.

4) This is the most stupid topic I have ever seen on this forum.

5) Are you so concerned because you are mentally disabled?

1) Its not a licence.

2) UKARA is for airsoft players if you cant play you don't need it.

3) Airsoft is generally played in woodland and disused buildings so I think wheelchairs rolling down hills or careering down stairs is a health and safety risk for all players.

4) This is the most stupid topic I have ever seen on this forum.

5) Are you so concerned because you are mentally disabled?

O trigger, when I have a shit day at a work, I love coming on here and seeing you flame someone, makes my day that bit better lol :)

OP - There are disabled people who can and do regularly play airsoft and have got their UKARA. One of the most famous recently does so in an electrical wheelchair/tank thing. If the RIF is used for target practive, then why does it need to be a RIF and not just an IF?

UKARA is in place to help protect our sport by ensuring only people using RIF's for the right purpose (Skirmishing at insured airsoft sites) can get them. There is no discrimination against players, able bodied or not. Airsoft is one of THE most welcoming sports for people of any race, creed, background or ability.

Unfortunately considering your 2nd post on this forum is bashing UKARA, a lot of people aren't going to take you seriously.

there is a well known airsofter who is disabled and softers clubbed together to buy him a special tracked wheelchair with airsoft guns on.

That's who I meant, I gave money to him, I think a fair few of us on here did actually there was a thread on it wasn't there?

there is a well known airsofter who is disabled and softers clubbed together to buy him a special tracked wheelchair with airsoft guns on.

Wow, that's an awesome move from the community.

It seems to me you need to complain to the government and not the people who run UKARA. Best way to do that is to contact your MP.

Don't forget the defence in law does NOT cover target practice, it specifically covers skirmishing.

"The regulations provide for two new defences. The first is for the organisation and holding of airsoft skirmishing. This is defined by reference to permitted activities and the defence applies only where third party liability insurance is held in respect of the activities."

Strictly speaking the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 does not allow you to own a RIF for the purposes of target practice.

Whilst this may be discriminatory, any discrimination is in the law itself and not UKARA.

Strictly speaking the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 does not allow you to own a RIF for the purposes of target practice.

Whilst this may be discriminatory, any discrimination is in the law itself and not UKARA.

It isn't discriminatory, able bodied folk are not allowed a RIF for the sole purpose of plinking either.

I agree with the OP.

I did some DEEP research into this and did you know that the UKARA licensing board is also speciesist? If you read the wording of the VCRA that they use to inform their actions you'll see that gorillas also can't be given the license, even if they play their three games within 2-12 months. Only two people have ever seriously tried to change this system: JFK and Harambe. Look what the Obama puppet regime did to them.

Everything around you, including UKARA, is a puppet of big pharma and the Rothschilds. Wake up sheeple!

I agree with the OP.

I did some DEEP research into this and did you know that the UKARA licensing board is also speciesist? If you read the wording of the VCRA that they use to inform their actions you'll see that gorillas also can't be given the license, even if they play their three games within 2-12 months. Only two people have ever seriously tried to change this system: JFK and Harambe. Look what the Obama puppet regime did to them.

Everything around you, including UKARA, is a puppet of big pharma and the Rothschilds. Wake up sheeple!

:mellow::mellow::mellow:

• Head Moderator

Going off at at a slight tangent, but why the heck not: the UKARA should also make more allowances for animals in the sport.

For example, my black Labrador (Sabre) is a trained gun dog and fully licenced. Yet I had to gift him a RIF because the UKARA does not take into account his 6 dog years mean he is actually over 18, and having a two-tone gun would clash with his fur colour. He wears his own K9 carrier with pouches where I can put my extra M4 magazines, pyro, and batteries. This allows me to wear a light loadout. Most of the time he is a good team player and focused on the game but he can get distracted by the odd squirrel or teenager with bad body odour. He is great at room clearance, using the "bark" rule that lets the players know they are hit which no ones dares argue about to his face. Like all Labs he is happy to sit quietly in the safe zone licking his balls :rolleyes: .

Yes, this post is not too serious

Going off at at a slight tangent, but why the heck not: the UKARA should also make more allowances for animals in the sport.

For example, my black Labrador (Sabre) is a trained gun dog and fully licenced. Yet I had to gift him a RIF because the UKARA does not take into account his 6 dog years mean he is actually over 18, and having a two-tone gun would clash with his fur colour. He wears his own K9 carrier with pouches where I can put my extra M4 magazines, pyro, and batteries. This allows me to wear a light loadout. Most of the time he is a good team player and focused on the game but he can get distracted by the odd squirrel or teenager with bad body odour. He is great at room clearance, using the "bark" rule that lets the players know they are hit which no ones dares argue about to his face. Like all Labs he is happy to sit quietly in the safe zone licking his balls :rolleyes: .

Yes, this post is not too serious

That's sexist! What about girl Labs who are quite happy to sit in the safe zone sniffing someone elses balls?

always one person takes a joke too far and adds racism. :rolleyes:

Not racist if it's true! At least he didn't mention the Italians switching sides halfway through a skirmish!

• Supporters

Doesn't matter. We Americans will swoop in at the end and claim the victory and credit.

In order to obtain a UKARA licence, you HAVE to participate in 3 skirmishes in the space of 2 to 12 months. This would mean if someone physically wasn't able to participate in an airsoft skirmish, then they cannot obtain an R.I.F, even just for target practice. This is simply discrimination and for the law to hold against people who are experiencing this issue, is atrocious. Please spread the word and help the people who cannot get a UKARA licence.

Why would you need a RIF to shoot 'targets' or are you just a troll?

Doesn't matter. We Americans will swoop in at the end and claim the victory and credit.

Haha claim the credit id agree with!

I like the last bit about SPREAD THE WORD...

Yeah hang on let me call news at ten they would be all over your story bro!! :rolleyes:

Where were these idiots before the internet?

• L3wisD locked this topic

Archived