G&G ETU, MOSFET and 11.1V LIPO

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had a search through the forum but couldnt find anything.

My G&G rifles are a few years old now and simple technology.

Ive got a couple of friends who Ive introduced to airsofting and they're using CM rentals which they like.

Looking at the current G&G range in the run-up (shopping period) until they get their defence, we notice that a lot of the modern rifles from the maker have the ETU.

I seem to recall these being some sort of issue but cant remember why ?

Is it that you always have to use a 11.1V LIPO with them ?

With my experiance the new run of G&G guns with the ETU MOSFET they can run on any battery that I have put through them, I have tested around 3-4 different guns with the ETU in on an 8.4v and 9.6v NIMH battery and they dont miss a beat!

• Supporters

Have you tried with a 7.4V LIPO ?

Long & short of it - they "used" to work fine on 7.4v or 8.4v

BUT

There have been "some" instances where "some" batches didn't perform correctly 101% of the time on "some" 9.6v batteries

The general solution is to seek a damn good 9.6v or a 11.1v 20c

Don't worry - on stock gears and moderate motors they will be fine - it will hardly blow up like a screamer on 12:1 gearing etc....

it is a mosfet - the 3rnd burst feature is nice and always completes the cycle

Yes there are "some" reports - but on higher juice these guns run best is the general feeling out there

The ETU is not perfectly robust but hopefully G&G have made some improvements over "some" dodgy batches that existed

They are not all crap - some have run for ages

some the 3rnd burst mosfet in stock tube has crapped out or played up a little quickly but replacements are available plus gun is covered by warranty if you don't butcher it

Nice looking guns - personally wish they released an ETU & a old school non ETU version if I'm honest but there ya go

I could slate it, but if G&G have improved upon those odd lemons then they are still a nice gun to consider imho

that is my general opinion - mine played up but then I was pushing it with a more powerful motor upgrade

(let's face it I break most stuff taking the pi$$, but hey ho - keep it stock and should be ok on higher juice)

Have you tried with a 7.4V LIPO ?

I dont test with one but I have used one in an ETU gun before and it worked like normal but I am not 100% on that as I dont regularly use a 7.4v lipo in them. But I couldnt imagine G&G seemingly sorting all issues with them but not sort that out!

The gen 3's had/have problems with the higher voltage batteries, a lot of the mosfets failed. I had one it died. It actually was the least of the problems with that gun in the end.

Archived