Plate carrier

Georgeturner2001
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Do yourself a favour, save for a bit longer and go for some quality kit like warrior (they do packages on uk tactical) or trawl the 2nd hand pages on FB!

Yep, buy a quality brand.

Flyye and Condor make very good mid-level gear; I have a Flyye plate carrier that has lasted me yonks. Don't think it has even frayed a stitch yet.

Yep, buy a quality brand.

Flyye and Condor make very good mid-level gear; I have a Flyye plate carrier that has lasted me yonks. Don't think it has even frayed a stitch yet.

NO no no no no no!

You do not compare these two!

Condor is like and also the worst from the many cheap repro brands: viper, 8fields, blackhawk, emerson, TMC, FMA, etc.

Flyye is a mid tier maker like pantac with much better QC (in sofar as durability goes, I still find their molle stitches are off sized gaps in the weave).

After that you have real brands like Eagle, LBT, Crye, etc

All the gear I own is Flyye, the only thing I ever had faulty was a sling hook, which I doubt they manufactured themselves.

Source.

In my experience, which is all I can advise from, is Condor makes decent affordable gear for a skirmisher.

I mainly have Tactical Tailor, Eagle, Platatac and TAD Gear as my MOLLE equipment, but the Flyye and Condor stuff I have used has been fine.

I have a Flyye 6094 plate carrier and a Condor chest rig (with Flyye pouches).

Both are good quality for occasional weekend use.

If I were deployed in theatre for months at a time, then I would spend £400 on a plate carrier from someone like LBT.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I've done lots of research and have decided to pick up a decent plate carrier after Christmas.

Not sure whether to go full out multicam or maybe try and create something that resembles what chris costa would wear.

Archived