To nuprol or not to nuprol

Samuelol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Decided I'd purchase a marui hicapa 5.1 Gold Match. It's so pretty...

My local only sells nuprol gas and I'd rather not have to pay the delivery for abbey predator if I don't need to.

Are any of the nuprol gasses okay for this TM?

Cheers,

Sam.

Nuprol green is very good gas. Red i think would be too much pressure for a Marui. I'm guessing on polymer body. If its a metal body any of the nuprol gasses will be fine. But in colder months go for the red 3.0.

I bought abbey predator gas at first worked out till temps dropped. Then constant mag venting. Green has been great in my we cutlass so far no venting. But i have red for when it gets colder as back up.

• Root Admin

Nuprol green is overpriced, but it does the job. Like Karl says, avoid the winter gasses unless it's seriously underperforming (i.e. not cycling or is venting due to not resetting the hammer properly). Anything more and you could cause some extra wear and may need to swap the hammer spring to get a positive contact on the release valve.

Basically every TM GBB made in the past 5 years has been able to take green gas, but they still struggle with the higher pressure because it's overkill on those light slides.

Awesome. Thanks both! I'll give green a go and see how the winter plays out.

• Root Admin

Sorry, I mean that Nuprol 'red' is not actually 'red gas' despite what people call it. It's black/green gas in a red can - nothing more. The line between what a 'black' and 'green' gas is is blurry, but 'red' has always been refrigerant until Nuprol rebranded a few years back and I guess people just assumed 'black' was the black can, 'green' was the green can and 'red' was the red can - ingenious marketing really if they meant to do it.

Red used to be a lot more common in GBBRs until HPA began to replace it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived