ACOG Shootout

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In the market for an ACOG scope. Not about to drop a grand on a Trijicon one (as much as the idea of a waterproof, shockproof, no-battery dual illuminated reticle makes me dribble a bit, the price makes me wee a bit).

I've seen both the WeCog 4x32 and the Nuprol ACOG 4x32 scopes at the £100 mark, and a few other unknown brand ones ("VERY100"?).

Not super stoked about having a secondary RDS on top of the sight - if I'm too close to use the 4x32, I'm close enough to point and shoot. Possibly having the backup ironsights like on the WeCog would be a bonus, but certainly not a deal breaker if it doesn't.

Suggestions, experiences with your ACOG?

G&P - nice sight - dont forget the killflash.

Can't seem to find illuminated G&P one?

No, real ACOGs use Tritium or fibre for illumination.

Are you playing at night ?

Sometimes. I love night games.

I was looking at getting some tritium iron sights a while back - they weigh in around £90 a set. Most ACOGs use both Tritium and fibre (hence "dual illumination"). Would have hoped that there'd be a solidly built airsoft one that used fiber, batteries or both.

Dont know. I dont do night games with mine so its never been an issue and I get enough natural illum on my crosshairs.

Have you looked at the Specter - this offers similar spec with battery powered illumination. I have one on my Krytac and its my go-to optic at the moment,

I use this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112205191910

It's on a TM MWS GBBR and it has been utterly flawless, used on 5/6 gamedays with bursts of full auto and no problems at all

Really happy with the purchase

is still useless at night.

Yeah that's why I'd hope for battery illumination.

I've got some great weaponlights for different situations to use with it, but I'm not going to suddenly spend £12,000 on a T75 for airsoft. Or for anything for that matter :P

Dont think its going to happen as ACOGs dont have batteries. The batteries quoted are normally to power the doctor optics on top, which can be a bit misleading for buyers.

Thats why I went to the Specter which is not dissimilar but has an illuminated crosshair.

I have two Vokul® Rifle Scope Tactical 4x32, for the cash they are great bit of kit at £42.99, eventho I'am a bit of a newbie and no expert.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vokul%C2%AE-Tactical-Red-Green-Blue-Illuminated-Reticle/dp/B01BY567Y2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479985736&sr=8-1&keywords=acog

Archived