Camoraids

Gunman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a blast from the past, but i have used these a couple of times of the last month with parts for my VSR build.

Fantastic service, prices and Marek really is a top bloke.

Most recent purchases were an AirsoftPro cylinder and cylinder, due to a checkout error i inadvertently paid two lots of postage. With time not on my side before playing next i asked if there was anything i could add to the order to make up the difference and Marek was very helpful, he couldnt do enough for me!! He even added some AirsoftPro barrel spacers at no extra cost to myself. I also received my order the next day! Less than 24 hours after i had placed it.

Time before i had some other VSR bits, and the service was effortless and next day delivery.

Definitely going to be one of my go to shops now, cant fault the place.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Seven said:

Im likely gonna be placing an order on this website in September.

I hope I get next day delivery too!

@P13 Did you order early in the morning?

I think it was around 11/12?

• Moderators

often looked at their site and very local to me, ok  10mins away but their prices always seem good, good to know they are 'reputable' :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Camoraids definitely gets the thumbs up for me, always has good stocks of TM, purchased a HK416D Delta package a while ago, very sensibly priced, but what does it for me is the service provided by Marek, is absolutely spot on, takes full accountability & helps out with any aftercare.

Should I ever go for another set up then this is the company to do business with  

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Seven said:

Still waiting on the UKARA email... But no... Im done with rental guns! Woop!

might be best to call a shop and see if they can pick you up on the system?, ive not had any emails about mine being renewed since November last year!

Just give firesupport a call and they can tell you, i often check with them

25 minutes ago, djben9 said:

might be best to call a shop and see if they can pick you up on the system?, ive not had any emails about mine being renewed since November last year!

Just give firesupport a call and they can tell you, i often check with them

Pretty cheeky to ask firesupport to check ukara for me when I don't intend to purchase a rif from them.

Can any retailer do this? How would I ask for them to check? Just give them my name and address?

Im intending to buy from SWAS. They have some great prices on gas too and the communication I've had with them so far has been great. @CES_williamson

• Moderators

yeah i called them up to ask when it had expired, they are one of the holders i believe of the info. 

You could say' im looking to get x and y, but ive not had my no. sent by email yet, can you check to see if its active?..... then say thanks, i'll keep browsing the website and let you know....

name and postcode is what they normally ask for when i checked to see when it ran out

• Supporters

You could just go ahead and put the order in and see.  Worst case, it gets delayed until your number shows up on the system.

Bear in mind that UKARA is not the only defence and it's up to sellers what they accept.  I will solemnly affirm that this is video evidence of you skirmishing, that you've done so at least 3 times over at least two months at that site, and you'll will be doing so again as soon as you get your gat, pinkie-swearsies.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

You could just go ahead and put the order in and see.  Worst case, it gets delayed until your number shows up on the system.

Bear in mind that UKARA is not the only defence and it's up to sellers what they accept.  I will solemnly affirm that this is video evidence of you skirmishing, that you've done so again at least 3 (4?) times since over at least two months, and you'll will be doing so again at this site, pinkie-swearsies.

Of course that would be the video of me getting 'banged' (shut up) in the face... lol

Least he gave me a high five afterwards...

• Moderators

Enjoyed that while waiting for IT to install software :lol::lol:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, djben9 said:

Enjoyed that while waiting for IT to install software :lol::lol:

I very carefully linked to just after I'd jogged past the camera on the way back to respawn, as per bloody usual. :rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

Thought I would post an experience. 

Purchasing from them I have no issues. The stock is accurate and high quality, comms are very fast and they have bent over backwards in instances to help get a deal over the line. 

However I cannot trust them to upgrade my rifles. 

I handed three rifles over to them to be checked and upgraded, all three came back with issues both niggling and/or catastrophic. 

XM8. Dropped off to be flat hopped and checked for accuracy as BB's were curving quite badly. This rifle had just been upgraded and serviced by the excellent Jon Ritter at Wolf Armories, It had gone through two game days running flawlessly but because he doesn't have a range like Camoraids he couldn't solve the accuracy issues for me. I chronoed it the night before I dropped it off at 340 FPS. Camoraids got back to me claiming that it shoots fine, but the FPS was down to only 270fps, seems quite odd to me. They said they would open the gearbox and check it out for an additional fee, I agreed to this. They put some sorbo in and corrected the AOE and its back up to around 330 FPS.

The next game day within half a mags worth of bbs the piston broke a tooth and the spur gear lost teeth. To me this sounds like poor AOE correction. I took it back and they claimed it was just a bad gearbox. This kind of gets my goat, because the SRC Gen 3 gearboxes are generally indestructible. Even if a gearbox is bad quality, if the AOE was setup correctly a gearbox should be able to get through half a mag before ruining a game day. 

They took the XM8 back in. They called me and said they had to change the gearset and piston. They changed the gearset to a Lonex Helical gearset and an FPS piston. I don't understand why they chose a Helical gearset as is only really useful in high FPS setups and it brought the rate of fire right down. Lonex gearsets aren't exactly cheap and along with the Piston cost an additional 70 quid (Down from 80 when they realised I wasn't happy with this decision). I asked why they didn't ask me if it was ok to install these parts and they said "We were worried you would bring something in of poor quality that would break". For the record I bring in cheaper gearsets (ZCI advanced), but can easily stand up to the rigours of a 350 FPS auto gearbox. 

I took the XM8 home and it is now only chronoing at 300 FPS. I cant be bothered to deal with sending it back again so I am going to convert to a DMR myself and get some use out these gears. 

SL8: New gears, motor, full air seal set, air nozzle etc. This again was pre upgraded by Jon at Wolf but I had all new parts in and it kept locking on semi too easily due to my itchy trigger finger. I brought the SL8 along with the XM8. The upgrades took and 450 fps was achieved. Once I got the rifle home I realised that the trigger was not working correctly and that I had to lean the trigger either left or right to actually fire. I had to take it back to be fixed.  After a few months I inquired what was going on and they said they had to find a new trigger trolley, I did tell them before giving the SL8 back that I had a spare trigger mechanism which I could give them if they needed it. I then sent the trigger mechanism to finish the SL8 off. When I went to collect they didn't even use the replacement and just adjusted the old one. 

Sniper rifle. I asked them to TDC mod it and shim the hop arm. TDC was successful, though I couldn't lift .48's due to the hard hop rubber. I took it apart just now to replace the 70 degree with a 60 and low and behold, the hop arm has not been shimmed at all. Which is what caused me to finally write something here. The straw that broke the camels back as it were. 

In all, I had to make 6 separate trips to sort out these issues. A train journey which costs £12 a time. I spent over £400 at Camoraids on these upgrades and things still aren't perfect. They mentioned a few times that I should just throw these away and buy something decent like a TM Recoil. Many techs including myself can easily make a cheaper gun work really well, so why couldn't Camoraids? I just feel so dejected about having to chase up problems and have just given up. 

Don't get me wrong, they are lovely guys to speak to, very knowledgeable with great stock and friendly demeanour. But the problems I have had just means I couldn't recommend them as a tech. I hear they are very good at upgrading just TM Recoils which even they would say is their main bread and butter. 

Advanced issues found

26 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Thought I would post an experience. 

In all, I had to make 6 separate trips to sort out these issues. A train journey which costs £12 a time. I spent over £400 at Camoraids on these upgrades and things still aren't perfect. They mentioned a few times that I should just throw these away and buy something decent like a TM Recoil. Many techs including myself can easily make a cheaper gun work really well, so why couldn't Camoraids? I just feel so dejected about having to chase up problems and have just given up. 

Don't get me wrong, they are lovely guys to speak to, very knowledgeable with great stock and friendly demeanour. But the problems I have had just means I couldn't recommend them as a tech. I hear they are very good at upgrading just TM Recoils which even they would say is their main bread and butter. 

Ooo, that is a pain. Quality Control doesn't seem to be high. They are good with TM Recoils but not much else I hear.

I would really like to see a list of Techs in the UK.

• Supporters

I have found this to be the trouble with almost all Airsoft Techs. Haven’t found a decent one I trust yet, hence why I started teaching myself.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

buy something decent like a TM Recoil. [...] they are very good at upgrading just TM Recoils

Can't... resist... reposting...

• Supporters

Doesn’t surprise me I once complained about them on a now defunct Facebook group and some guy from there wasn’t at all happy about me daring to complain about poor service from them and just wouldn’t let it drop and kept trying to badger me in to recanting .

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Prisce said:

I have found this to be the trouble with almost all Airsoft Techs. Haven’t found a decent one I trust yet, hence why I started teaching myself.

Best thing you can do as 90% of the worst guns I have come across have been messed with by a so called tech. Some are trustworthy though.

@Asomodai no tech should ever fit parts and try and charge without your prior agreement. I have fitted parts not specified but only when I know if I don't the gun will be crap and  end up coming back. If I do that though I inform them but do not charge as the choice was mine.

It seems like every tech you use is awful as even the ones you rate give you back guns that only half work.

It was camo raids I got my hi-capa dor from. Would buy from them again good post sales support and pre sales.  Can't speak to their tech skills. Common theme online is wire them to a 7.4 and leave them the hell alone. Too bad it seems everyone thinks these top tier guns need out of the box tinkering. 

In fact I was sure I left feedback on here in a different thread

On 01/06/2019 at 22:35, Musica said:

I ordered from camo raids my TM 5.1 D.O.R, 2 magazines and a AFG for my evo. great communication on the pre-order always snapy replys from them with good info. One of the mags was leaky on arrival they suggested some oil but I didn't have any as my first GBB. They are shipping it back this week after maintenace gassing it.

If I get another TM I won't hesitate to use them again and their mag prices are cheap as well so if I need more I will be using them.

Archived