Revision turboFan Goggles - where in the uk

delbert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

So I have been researching for ages and reading so much on fan assisted goggles, I sweat a lot, and I mean a lot dispute wearing almost nothing, just the way I am I guess.

I have tried a number of anti fog solutions with some success but still failing to get fog free and its driving me mad.

Pretty much decided I am going to spend some real cash and get some Revision Turbofan goggles but I can't seem top find any place in the uk that has stock.

Anyone know where I can get some in the UK?

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Hi Guys,

So I have been researching for ages and reading so much on fan assisted goggles, I sweat a lot, and I mean a lot dispute wearing almost nothing, just the way I am I guess.

I have tried a number of anti fog solutions with some success but still failing to get fog free and its driving me mad.

Pretty much decided I am going to spend some real cash and get some Revision Turbofan goggles but I can't seem top find any place in the uk that has stock.

Anyone know where I can get some in the UK?

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

I was also looking but ive seen so many reviews on the dye i4. Seen 19 stone sweaty bloke running around and having no issues so im about to invest in some. Just my 10p alternative

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-fan-goggle-basic-kit-15377-p.asp

Out of stock currently but they have other models (more expensive with other lenses etc) which are in stock.

Found them using http://airsoftfind.com/ which has been an amazingly useful site over the years.

• Root Admin

We just use normal goggles and spray them with anti fog spray that divers use, never had a problem so far.

Your experience usually won't be the same as others when it comes to goggles. People sweat different amounts and wear different face protection.

If not, companies wouldn't make fan goggles.

Your experience usually won't be the same as others when it comes to goggles. People sweat different amounts and wear different face protection.

If not, companies wouldn't make fan goggles.

Very true but I will always try the cheaper version before forking out £100+ on goggles ! There are 3 of us, myself and 2 sons so everything I buy is x3. Isn't it more about breathing out than sweating, I shoot practical shotgun deep in the woods in the dead of winter and have to wear safety glasses which fog up and there's no sweating involved in that.

• Root Admin

Very true but I will always try the cheaper version before forking out £100+ on goggles ! There are 3 of us, myself and 2 sons so everything I buy is x3. Isn't it more about breathing out than sweating, I shoot practical shotgun deep in the woods in the dead of winter and have to wear safety glasses which fog up and there's no sweating involved in that.

Like I say: Mileage will vary from person to person. Sweat and heat is going to equal fog a lot quicker than just heat alone.

We have one of these threads every 2-3 weeks now, use the search and you'll see just how much we recommend anti-fog like Catcrap, Fogtech etc. Ultimately some people sweat and/or get a hot face or wear something covering their mouth like a gaiter that directs that warm air up into their goggles. Then you of course have to consider the ventilation of the goggle itself - shooting glasses fog less than full-seal goggles but are less safe. A lot of people turn to Turbofans (or the equivalent) to get the best of both worlds.

Oh and then there's the use of prescription inserts, which add another two surfaces inside the goggle that can fog.

I used to dive a fair bit a while ago and I can tell you barely anyone there used a specific de-fogging solution - usually just spit. The environment is a bit different - whilst there's of course no airflow, there's also little opportunity for ones breath or anything to get into the goggles (something has gone pretty wrong if you're at that point), so most can get by without it. In airsoft there's a lot of running and sweatiness though.

What I'm saying is there's no simple fix that works universally. That's why we get two threads on this per month (well, that and people not using the search).

• Supporters

I have loads of problems with fogging no matter if i play in dry summer, humid summer, dry winters or wet winters. I fog up running, standing still, walking, outdoors or indoors with most googles, glasses you name it, all except mesh which i refuse to wear as it makes everything darker and i dont like it very much. I'm not exactly a fat guy either weighing at about 14 stones for a 6 foot guy so that does not play into the equation.

I have a pair of the Revision Desert Locust Fan Goggles with the Thermal Lenses, i got them from here:

http://www.evike.com/products/36909/ and the Thermal Lenses as well: http://www.evike.com/products/51192/

Took about a week to arrive and yes customs had their way with me.

I found that it did solve some of my fogging issues, namely in the dry and outdoors the goggles seem to work well, however as soon as i stepped into a building within 10 minutes it fogged up, i have noticed that in its stock form the fan seems to blow bugger all, infact its not even strong enough to move a flame, if you remove all the mesh around the fan it does have a little more kick.

Ive recently gotten myself a Dye i4 mask and will see if thats any better.

I am pretty skinny at 6'5" tall, of average to skinny build, always had this issue of excessive sweating.

I tried mesh but just don't get on with it.

We are all different I guess.

Just been looking at Evike so thanks for that tip,

• Supporters

Sweating isn't the whole issue, the lens being colder than the air trapped inside the goggles causes that air to condense upon it.

If you replace that air regularly with cold air from outside then fogging will not occur. That's how fan goggles work, by sucking new fresh air in to the goggles, if you're wearing lower face mesh then half the air being sucked in by the fan will be warm and moist already... so it's not going to work.

Block up the lower vents on your goggles and open the ones on the side.

Archived