Mouth/Face protection

Standbystandby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am ashamed I am the only one that seems to like the look of this :unsure:

• Supporters

Yeh, I saw that too but I was wondering if anyone had tried it because it also says it can work with helmet straps.

I use a similar mouth guard I made years ago... *looking for a photo*

https://goo.gl/photos/B8pcCWUTVDNTwRDk9

https://goo.gl/photos/PHz3As358YdmkBSz5

It is normally lowered, the stretchy strap goes around the neck. I can lower my face into it and put it on without needing a hand for it in emergency. It is light and only have to cover the mouth so no need for the strap to go high, behind the ears. Mine is curved so it rests on the face, below the cheeks, not on the mouth.

Sirmi lightweight masks get my vote (and they're on offer at ASPUK, and PatrolBase at the moment)

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/7e379dae-c82a-a1f5-a144-21c37706b79b

They're super light, they have a narrow cheek profile so you can get right behind a scope/iron sights, and unlike the big clunky v2 facemasks (which my Sirmi replaced), if you look down, you can see your rig, your legs and your feet (very useful on a bumpy, uneven woodland site like my local).

As for shots in the ear, a balaclava will take most of the skin-splitting power out of it, but they still hurt like a bugger... Then again this is airsoft, not chess.

• Supporters

Sirmi lightweight masks get my vote (and they're on offer at ASPUK, and PatrolBase at the moment)

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/product-page/7e379dae-c82a-a1f5-a144-21c37706b79b

They're super light, they have a narrow cheek profile so you can get right behind a scope/iron sights, and unlike the big clunky v2 facemasks (which my Sirmi replaced), if you look down, you can see your rig, your legs and your feet (very useful on a bumpy, uneven woodland site like my local).

Looks like a codpiece, do they they do a smaller matching version to protect your nuts?

Looks like a codpiece, do they they do a smaller matching version to protect your nuts?

Ha, not sure but if they do and it protects your nuts like it does your face I'd recommend that too! ;)

That sends me down a slight tangent - does anyone actually wear any <insert word for genitals here> protection?

I've been shot in the nob about 3 or 4 times and only one of them hurt (and it REALLY hurt - and I did briefly consider a cricket box), the others were the kinds hits you hear but don't feel.

That sends me down a slight tangent - does anyone actually wear any <insert word for genitals here> protection?

I've been shot in the nob about 3 or 4 times and only one of them hurt (and it REALLY hurt - and I did briefly consider a cricket box), the others were the kinds hits you hear but don't feel.

Well this is the reason I wear a kneepad on my right leg... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, not sure but if they do and it protects your nuts like it does your face I'd recommend that too! ;)

I wear padded mountain bike under shorts, I got shot on the chopper end once from close range & it felt like it was detached it hurt so much.

I'm into mountain biking so thought I'd give them a go, they work a treat.

I wear extra socks. Never had a sore nob yet.

When I first started playing I had a run of about 4 games where my first hit was in the knackers... Properly woke you up for the rest of the day I tell ya!!

Haha 400 for the denture which is temporary I've losteoporosis my front tooth and it's 3k for a permanent tooth I'm getting mine done in Poland though 1&1/2k xD

• Moderators

Still just a little more than buying and wearing a mask 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I actually saw someone running with one of these at my first ever game. Not sure how much he saw though...

Archived