Mouth/Face protection

Standbystandby
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After seeing three incidents of people having teeth damaged in airsoft I am considering investing in some protection. The last poor lad it literally shattered his front tooth! The things is they all look really uncomfortable and annoying! Can anyone recommend a decent mouth/lower face protector?I figure it's better than a £400 dentist bill!

• Head Moderator
  • Moderators

i wear the V2 mesh mask thing, with ear pro, fits with most of my goggles / headwear and saves my teeth!. Not had a problem, read some the topics Jedi posted, its all about personal preference

I used to wrap a shemagh around my face, until recently, now I use the 'PDW mesh masks'. They also clip into my helmets with rails. On my helmets without rails, I use the head strap with goggle retention straps attached to the rear, along with goggles.

I've used these for a few games now and found them to be the most comfortable set up I've used, and the first I've actually been happy with.

The masks, http://www.ebairsoft.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pdw+mask&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

One of my set ups,

20161108_174306_zps3cpyslme.jpg 20161108_174417_zpsoxxrlyoq.jpg

I wish I could deal with mesh as the fogging bugs me, wish also I could deal with stuff over my face as I currently can't deal with all the stuff I have tried. Your set up looks wicked and also looks pretty comfy. How do you find it?

I wish I could deal with mesh as the fogging bugs me, wish also I could deal with stuff over my face as I currently can't deal with all the stuff I have tried. Your set up looks wicked and also looks pretty comfy. How do you find it?

Thanks. It doesn't restrict my breathing like a shemagh used to. The lower mask doesn't touch my face either, it sits on the goggles at the bottom, and sits against the ear protection. For the first time, I'm no longer looking for 'solutions'. I've been through a lot of stuff to get to this point haha!

Cheers for the suggestions, going to order from hero shark. To be honest the last tooth smash incident shocked the crap out of me as I was right next to the lad as he spat his teeth out!!! Kinda of a wake up call!

I used to wrap a shemagh around my face, until recently, now I use the 'PDW mesh masks'. They also clip into my helmets with rails. On my helmets without rails, I use the head strap with goggle retention straps attached to the rear, along with goggles.

I've used these for a few games now and found them to be the most comfortable set up I've used, and the first I've actually been happy with.

The masks, http://www.ebairsoft.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pdw+mask&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

One of my set ups,

20161108_174306_zps3cpyslme.jpg 20161108_174417_zpsoxxrlyoq.jpg

How is that ear pro attached? I usually use earplugs with mesh ear pro, but I'd much rather an all in one solution.

I went full face protection after being shot on the nose at point blank range which bloody hurt.

My mate has had a few facial injuries( 1 earned him the nickname of Rudolph).

I have heard hero shark gear is very good!

The mesh in my goggles is by Heroshark, I'd certainly recommend him.

How is that ear pro attached? I usually use earplugs with mesh ear pro, but I'd much rather an all in one solution.

It's attached via 'Peltor Arc rail adapters', http://www.apdmro.com/Peltor-Arc-p/70071612389.htm

If you have Peltors, that's all you need. To fit the Sordins in the picture, I also had to get these https://tnvc.com/shop/sara-sordin-arc-rail-adapter-gen2/

It's made a huge difference, getting it on before was difficult and not very comfortable. I used to leave it all on most game days, it was too much hassle to keep putting back on.

Now I have the adapters, it's easy to don/doff. Place on head, do up chin strap, pull goggles into place and push ear pro onto ears, and I can take it all off easily between games, if necessary.

I don't like the full mesh as I find it to be restrictive and restricts how close you can get to the gun, however I did just find and start using a half mesh / fabric mask which I find really works for me.

Amazon it's called "OneTigris Tactical Foldable Half Face Mask"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

• Supporters

I think that may have just given me cancer.

This is terribad advice.

+1. I took a sniper shot to the cheek and it wasn't pretty. If it had been to my lip, I'd surely have lost a tooth.

• Moderators

still wouldn't want to wear one of them in a CQB game though :) , to be honest this can go on and on as everyone prefers different face protection to none at all and that's their preference :), its why we are different

edit....

Spelling :)

• Root Admin

As someone that hates the way mesh pushes my goggled around at times, I looked at those mouth shield things but couldn't figure them out - if it's a strap that's meant to go around your face then how does it not slip down and get really annoying? If it's meant to be held in place by your balaclava, gaiter or scarf then how does that work?

Anyone had any experience with them?

• Moderators

cant access PB site so cant check description but last time i looked im sure i read it was to be stitched in place.....

• Root Admin

Yeh, I saw that too but I was wondering if anyone had tried it because it also says it can work with helmet straps.

Features:

• Created to be Minimal Profile Mouth Protection for MilSim Games
  • Used as hidden mouth / teeth protection
  • Cheaper than teeth
  • Can be bent to fit face profiles
  • Designed to be Low Profile
  • Can be Sewn into Masks, Balaclava, Shemagh and Wraps
  • Can be attached into Helmet Straps
  • Safe to use in Zero Minimum Engagement / CQB Games
  • Allows for easier breathing when wearing masks
  • Reducing Goggle fog by adding a gap between Mask and Mouth
  • Manufacturer tested for between 35-45 shots from point blank with a 400fps Airsoft Gun

Archived