first time buying airsoft eye protection

bsteadman1993
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i need some help buying some airsoft glasses i work on a paintball site as a marshall they have started up airsoft and this is thec second time doing this and the games are much longer than paintball i was using a paintball mask and i just steamed up on me all the time im marshalling this sunday for airsoft so i need goggles/glasses assap so im hoping to get some on amazon with prime delivery i was looking at these ones ling posted below

can i use these at all ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-SILPSI-Silium-Safety-Glasses/dp/B000VDWMYI/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1479410112&sr=1-1&keywords=airsoft+glasses

• Head Moderator

I have used Bolle Silium+ glasses for milsim where there are longer engagement distances. As a player I would not use them for CQB. They are comfortable to wear and did not fog up. It may also be worth getting a strap to help keep them on your head.

I have had to switch to NUPROL Mesh Goggles

Same here, was using the sniper rifle, and it was a pain, I couldn't play. Infact, it became quite frustrating.

So got a pair of NUPROL mesh goggles and obviously, they don't fog, and are fine.

A good buy tbh

Heroshark mesh are very good as well

Yep, heard good things about them.

Though when I look they're never in stock :(

Specifically the Mako ones. But, hey got some of the exact same by Nuprol for 15 quid.

Specifically the Mako ones. But, hey got some of the exact same by Nuprol for 15 quid.

They're never in stock cause he usually makes bits and bobs to order. His stuff is top knotch

• Supporters

Message him on facebook ;-)

Try out as many types of eye pro as you can. I'm still looking for something that works for me but to no real avail yet. I've tried goggles with fans, ballistic glasses and mesh masks and i'm still having aggro with fogging issues as i have to wear corrective specs underneath them.

hate being a blind git sometimes!

I use bolle tac x1000, they didnt fog untill I put them back on after the break between a game, for reference im very sweaty after a game and it was around 3 degrees on the day. Think it was down to the rapid change of temp than anything else. Like I say, no issues untill I took em off.

If u go for mesh a tip i picked up is to spray inside mesh white.

It seems to make the mesh less obtrusive to your field of vision.

I'm currently using some no brand googles which are working great but also have the viper tactical glasses which are very good. I coat mine in car wax and fogging is very minimal. Any i do have clears in a second or two.

If u go for mesh a tip i picked up is to spray inside mesh white.

It seems to make the mesh less obtrusive to your field of vision.

I'm currently using some no brand googles which are working great but also have the viper tactical glasses which are very good. I coat mine in car wax and fogging is very minimal. Any i do have clears in a second or two.

I am thinking of doing that now that you have suggested it, does it definately work though?

I use bolle tac x1000, they didnt fog untill I put them back on after the break between a game, for reference im very sweaty after a game and it was around 3 degrees on the day. Think it was down to the rapid change of temp than anything else. Like I say, no issues untill I took em off.

They are a bit expensive for goggles though?

Like I say, theyre overkill but theyre comfy and safe, some airsoft specific gogges can cost you double that cause of a fancy design and an airsoft brand name. And I somewhat doubt they are even half as durable as the bolle are rated to survive.22 calibre shots.

Like I say, theyre overkill but theyre comfy and safe, some airsoft specific gogges can cost you double that cause of a fancy design and an airsoft brand name. And I somewhat doubt they are even half as durable as the bolle are rated to survive.22 calibre shots.

I find this quite amusing because there is something you're not acknowledging; and that's repeat impact protection. While it's likely not an issue, our eye pro has to be strong enough to protect against full auto at more than four joules.

I for one don't want to come up against a HPA user with a malfunction firing on auto with .50g BBs at 5-10 Joules (I don't know the terminal velocity of a .5g BB).

Archived