suggestions for newbie to tinkering

Roundel91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Im toying with the idea of buying a broken/repairable gun to learn the ins and outs of stripping, repairing and rebuilding. Im one of those types that has to take things apart almost instantly when i get them just to try and work out what makes it tick, but would rather not do that to my CM16 incase i botch it royally and it leaves me gunless..

Logic tells me go and buy a broken combat machine and learn on that. But before i do what would you guys suggest? Would i be better in going for something else where parts and spares are cheaper and theres more compatibility ?

Quality isnt a huge factor in this as im solely looking for something to learn on and won't lose any sleep over if i botch it.

Thanks in advance

Roundel

They all work the same way aegs anyways.. The way I did it was to strip my own gun down to the gearbox several times then when something went wrong in the gearbox I braved the opening of the gearbox.. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help you along the way if you get stuck but technically all you need is a screw driver and torx set and a soldering iron they are pretty simple

Cheers for the info so far all. Would i be fairly safe in assuming that most parts are the interchangeable on most aeg's?

For example could i put a G&G m4 upper receiver onto a JG lower M4 receiver?

And could i drop pretty much any gearbox in so long as its made for an m4?

Cheers for the info so far all. Would i be fairly safe in assuming that most parts are the interchangeable on most aeg's? sort of

For example could i put a G&G m4 upper receiver onto a JG lower M4 receiver? not sure in that instance

And could i drop pretty much any gearbox in so long as its made for an m4? no, some have blowback, some have holes in the wrong place etc

Archived