Sniper Mechanics

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon All,

I just wanted to share my new blog with you all.

It'll be a place where I do reviews, document any builds I'm working on and general information/experiences on anything Airsoft Sniper related. It's nothing to serious, but a place to read up on some bits and see some interesting things :)

http://snipermechanics.wixsite.com/website

https://www.facebook.com/Sniper-Mechanic-526637227525915/

Any likes, shares,subscribers etc would be greatly appreciated :)

Great site, enjoyed reading

Thank you very much!

Just did a new post about increasing the effectiveness of the Amoeba Striker by shortening the barrel (inner/outer) and increase bore tightness to improve barrel/cylinder ratio :)

There is a major performance issue with your site. It seems to be making substantial numbers of animation calls over and over and its causing it to stall and degrade performance of my browser. Something you should get fixed, the site is borderline unusable as is, very bad scrolling performance and other issues for what is otherwise a simple enough layout.

just need to sell some of my bits and bobs on here and I think I'll order an s-trigger.... although am in two minds as really want theWolverine kit which uses the TM trigger so would be wasted money if I go that route!

There is a major performance issue with your site. It seems to be making substantial numbers of animation calls over and over and its causing it to stall and degrade performance of my browser. Something you should get fixed, the site is borderline unusable as is, very bad scrolling performance and other issues for what is otherwise a simple enough layout.

Hey fella,

It's a wixed based site so sadly not a huge amount I can do about it. Animation wise there's nothing going on to the best of my knowledge.

I've not had anyone else with issues, but I'll certainly raise it with Wix support. Thanks for letting me know and if you have any tips it would be appreciated :)

• Supporters

The main page is quite slow for me too.

Middle clicking on links that point to an other page on the site doesn't open in a new tab as it should. That's pretty annoying for me. (I know. First world problems.) And the popup with the subscribing also. That usually makes me never go back to a site.

The content is really good though.

The main page is quite slow for me too.

Middle clicking on links that point to an other page on the site doesn't open in a new tab as it should. That's pretty annoying for me. (I know. First world problems.) And the popup with the subscribing also. That usually makes me never go back to a site.

The content is really good though.

The subscriber things is actually something I changed last night, as easy as Wix is to use, some things are a bit meh.

I think I may be able to reduce the quality of the main page image as It's a beefy image, hopefully that'll help with the main page.

The subscriber things is actually something I changed last night, as easy as Wix is to use, some things are a bit meh.

I think I may be able to reduce the quality of the main page image as It's a beefy image, hopefully that'll help with the main page.

Probably not. I already profiled the page to look at the underlying issue and I am pretty certain its due to the animation calls that are happening many times a second. It is likely causing a "storm" of page updates (that do nothing) and causing periodic pauses in the page. The performance profiler in your browser should confirm a similar thing.

• 3 weeks later...

The website doesn't really seem to offer much more than a forum can but with less interaction, is it not worth just posting that stuff on here? Facebook page is cool though.

• 8 months later...

Wesbite has been updated again.

Facebook page has been updated.

New YouTube channel is up and running now, latest video is Tokyo Marui M40a5 review:

• 1 month later...

Tech Tuesdays have now started live on the Snipermechanics FB page at 8pm. here is the latest video:

Archived