G&G M.A.R.S.?

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

Recently just uncovered footage and news about a new modular gearbox design form G&G "soon to be released".

This was all posted 2015 for same year release I'm lead to believe.

So question for everyone, where the hell are they?

Where can I get one or is there a gun with it already?

Thanks,

- Corky

• Supporters

G&G have produce some outstanding bits of pure f*cking crap

their own basic mosfets crapped out

the DSG FireHawk with no semi was about as much use as an ashtray on f*cking motorbike (bricktop) for a CQB gun

the ETU might have just been made from f*cking dairy lea it was so hit n miss - mainly miss in reliability issue

Yup - think they got a LOT of basic revision/upgrade work to do first on their more recent stuff

The MARS stuff looks all wonderful at first.....

Then think about all then bespoke parts that will need replacing - brainwave - ergh no it isn't

G&G have produce some outstanding bits of pure f*cking crap

their own basic mosfets crapped out

the DSG FireHawk with no semi was about as much use as an ashtray on f*cking motorbike (bricktop) for a CQB gun

the ETU might have just been made from f*cking dairy lea it was so hit n miss - mainly miss in reliability issue

Yup - think they got a LOT of basic revision/upgrade work to do first on their more recent stuff

The MARS stuff looks all wonderful at first.....

Then think about all then bespoke parts that will need replacing - brainwave - ergh no it isn't

Perhaps I'll just stick with my CM18 MOD 1 for now then... haha

• Supporters

Perhaps I'll just stick with my CM18 MOD 1 for now then... haha

Not much to report but think MARS is deffo dropped

but they are revising their v2 gearboxes a bit:

still unsure on their mosfet ETU stuff but hey ho some stuff they might be working on

Me personally:

yup double o-ring piston could be good - should provide a good compression long term

their std piston I have never been blown away with the seal myself

maybe double o-ring nozzle - but wtf don't they fit an o-ring nozzle as std anyway many have wondered

(you will never get a 101% seal on nozzle or it would be harder to move - 99% but you will get a tiny bubble if doing a sink compression test)

ETU - Mosfet lipo alarm - don't even get me started on this - hmmmm

lot of work still needed in this area

screws on the correct side - f*ck me how long did it take them

ambi fire select - well some top tech had this, unless you are lefty it don't bother me

plus tbh it is stiff or not as smooth to operate as left side on my Krytac and more stuff to assemble & operate 101%

(I mean - come on, and AK has this on right & M4's are on left - it is just they way the gun is - well imho)

Quick Change spring - as long as they make the rear of receiver to allow for spring removal without gearbox removal

Last BB feature - well uhm ok for some I guess but not the be all & end all

but good other mags will work just without the feature

Bearings - hmmm think they need to consider a mix of steel bushings & couple of bearings personally

bearings do fail under spur gear quicker than bushings - their bronze bushings are not for long term use

ah well that is some recent updates they are looking at

Archived