FPS Limit

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right, still havnt decided which rilfe to buy but one (the Well Warrior l96 MB01) has a fps of 450 - 470 and my site limit is 400 on snipers. They said to my mate that he couldnt shoot within 10feet because he was10 over but 60 is a lot. Im just wondering is it easy to lower the fps if necissary or do you think they'll leme off. (Its combat south so if anyon has gone through this please tell me what happened)

Edit: and how much would a 375ish fps be?

If I we're you chap I would have a chat with Steve down at CS and he'll be able to help advise you on your options. Down grading the fps should be easy enough if you know what you're doing and if done correctly you'll maintain good distance and accuracy.

They always chrono at CS and rightly so, so there will be no way getting around it. Weekend before last they refused a guy to play as his sniper rifle was ridiculously too hot.

I hear very good things about all the chaps at CS so give them a call mate they will defiantly help you out.

I had a quick go on my mates l96 at combat south on Sunday it was shooting at 395fps and was a complete waste of time as my g36c shooting 340fps shot pretty much the same range much more accurately you may not listen but you will seriously reget buying a sniper if you want that type of gun buy a m14 and attach a scope you have the best of both worlds then

Well, the M14 EBR sounds good bu its fps is only 280 and im guessing that fps is extremly proportional to range, right? If thats the case then will it be any use as a sniper? Ive seen some reviews of the Well L96 MB01 that says is really good starter sniper out of the box.

What I really want to know is will the Kart M14 EBR have a decent range and accuracy for a sniper? (not asking for perfection, just usable as a sniper)

\thanks but what i meant was: the only thing that affects range on a rifle is its fps right? if so 280 fps isnt really any use as a sniper right? But yer, ill get a new spring for the M14 i think, how much would a spring of about 340 - 350 fps be?

NO THAT IS WRONG!!! Hop up and ammo and maybe the type of barrel being used is the most of the range FPS only plays a small part

NO THAT IS WRONG!!! Hop up and ammo and maybe the type of barrel being used is the most of the range FPS only plays a small part

is right but plays a slightly bigger role than you sudgest fps reffers to the velocity so basic physics would sudgest that the faster the ball leaves the barrel the further it will shoot what you are saying reffers to the accuracy

FPS does probably help more than barrel/hop up. Also the thing about higher FPS is that it also gets the bb to the target quicker so they have less time to duck/move out of the way.

but if your sniping you shouldn't be close enough for them to know there is a bb or gun being fired at you

but if your sniping you shouldn't be close enough for them to know there is a bb or gun being fired at you

And if you were a good enough shot that wouldn't be a problem..

Also remember to line up your scope. Theres no point having an accurate gun if the scope isn't on target.

Go for hop and barrel upgrades first. It's no good having "extra" range from the increased FPS (which won't do much on its own) if you can't then be accurate.

I agree with that was just pointing out that it's the gps that affects the range

Archived