Best 1911

Paul317
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The Marui 1911s are great, but the small magazines are a problem in the cold, as they barely last the entire magazine. The KWC 1911 kind-of rectifies the poor gas efficiency that all 1911's suffer from as its Co2, but lacks spare parts.. I think. I could be wrong.

I am no expert on GBB pistols so I can only tell you what I have experienced:

This spring I bought a WE T-Rex and I have to say I love it, its very solid and has been flawless so far.

• Supporters

Well I like the TM but are they full metal?

Don't get hung up on the "full metal" thing. 1911s generally have small gas reservoirs because the magazines tend to be quite slim. A metal body and slide weighs more so will require more gas to operate and will act as a heat sink meaning that the gas cools quicker leading to poor gas efficiency.

In answer to the question "what's the best 1911" I would say "a plastic one", ergo the TM.

• Supporters

Don't get hung up on the "full metal" thing. 1911s generally have small gas reservoirs because the magazines tend to be quite slim. A metal body and slide weighs more so will require more gas to operate and will act as a heat sink meaning that the gas cools quicker leading to poor gas efficiency.

In answer to the question "what's the best 1911" I would say "a plastic one", ergo the TM.

I agree with Lozart don't get all hung up on all metal.

All metal doesn't necessarily mean better performing or harder wearing.

Some all metals pistols are I fact worse than TM plastic equivalent.

And to be honest once you start using a TM you quickly forget it's made from plastic, plus with the plastic slide the gun is as others have said more gas efficient and I found tends to kick harder on the blowback

My brother bought a WE 1911 MEU;

I don't think I've ever seen it fire a magazine consistently. Ever.

I would always advise buying TM for pistols.

I have the WE HI CAPA dianychos(sp?) and it's fantastic.

Yeh I don't know why but I#m having no issues at all with my T-rex I was thinking I must have been lucky or something but yours is from the same range.

Archived