ICS CXP APE VS KRYTAC CRB MKll

Georgeturner2001
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think both guns are very asthetically pleasing but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get! The ICS has a pre cocking feature which would appeal to me as I love good trigger response but apparently the gun has a tendency to over spin, would this be a problem on a 9.6v?

The Krytac has better trigger response and its a combination of two things. The first is its exceptional motor and gears that makes it fire at around 25 rps. The second reason is the trigger pull is relatively short. The ICS APE on the other hand has a pretty standard low end motor and the usual long trigger pull so while it does precock it doesn't feel fast in comparison to the Krytac which has some of the best response I have seen from a stock gun.

The ICS precock is also a bit of an issue if you use it on sites that are only semi auto, you get a double shoot on your first fire and that often makes the marshals pretty annoyed if they think you are on full auto. I have to fire the first shot at the ground before the game officially starts and I have had to explain to the marshals the what and why, that I feel is less than ideal.

In terms of finish there isn't much competition, the Krytac has a beautiful finish. The Krytac also takes a wide array of magazines whereas the ICS requires modification unless you use their mags which are actually pretty terrible.

The Krytac is the better gun, it has better internals and shoots faster and more accurately and is that nice standard gun that is compatible with just about everything. The APE on the other hand has a lovely split gearbox but its otherwise an inferior gun.

• Supporters

The APE doesn't have a pre-cocking. The double or in some cases the full auto burst on the first trigger pull is a side effect of the spring release being engaged when the gun has over cycled.

If you check the firesupport website it states that they are disabling that feature on UK models now.

As for the mag issues never seen a problem with ICS T-MAG.

Krytac is the better gun though.

The APE doesn't have a pre-cocking. The double or in some cases the full auto burst on the first trigger pull is a side effect of the spring release being engaged when the gun has over cycled.

If you check the firesupport website it states that they are disabling that feature on UK models now.

As for the mag issues never seen a problem with ICS T-MAG.

Krytac is the better gun though.

My T mags wont lift more than 0.20g BBs, the spring is extremely weak in all the midcaps I ended up buying because it wouldn't take other mags.

• Supporters

My T mags wont lift more than 0.20g BBs, the spring is extremely weak in all the midcaps I ended up buying because it wouldn't take other mags.

I have just set one up firing 0.28's and that was with both the high cap and mid cap mags.

Might have been a bad batch or first run that you got maybe but I have had any isuues with the half a dozen guns I used with those mags. Ics mags are usually some of the best stock mags you can get.

I wouldn't buy an ICS at the moment though because you can get better for your money.

Archived