Tokyo Marui vs G&G M4

chris5887
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, as I'm currently awaiting UKARA coming through I have 56 days to decide on a rifle, my budget is fairly high so I'm considering a TM HK416c or a TM M4 CQB-R, I've heard good things about TM and so have no concerns particularly with their reliability. However their recoil shock rifles don't come cheap by any stretch and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good G&G M4 (Metal Body)? Can't help but think the extra spent on the TM would pay for a back up sidearm and spare mags/batteries although I'd appreciate the second opinion of more seasoned players.

Hi guys, as I'm currently awaiting UKARA coming through I have 56 days to decide on a rifle, my budget is fairly high so I'm considering a TM HK416c or a TM M4 CQB-R, I've heard good things about TM and so have no concerns particularly with their reliability. However their recoil shock rifles don't come cheap by any stretch and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good G&G M4 (Metal Body)? Can't help but think the extra spent on the TM would pay for a back up sidearm and spare mags/batteries although I'd appreciate the second opinion of more seasoned players.

Sidearms are only useful if used correctly, the main two reasons I carry one is it's a lot more fun than an AEG and I know the reduced muzzle power makes it less harmful to use at ranges under 1m. I rarely use it "correctly".

• Supporters

First and foremost, try them, the metal g&g might weigh too much etc

You may not like the incompatibility of the TM mags

But more importantly get some good eye pro and boots!!

as said above get decent eye pro. i use viper glasses they work well for me. alongside a mesh lower protection. hiking boots arent too expensive. i own 3 very different guns in different price ranges pay for a mid range as first one would be my suggestion.

my cheap src m4 purchase lasted 2 weeks and needed all sorts doing to it. inc new gear box and rewired.

mid range is my marui g3 hasnt cost me much and been used the most.

and i recently bought my most expensive one the lonex l4 so far so good but my god its heavy after long games.

Thanks guys for the advice, yeah I'll check out all of the options first before making any purchase, last question, after the two months of being registered at a skirmishing club how long does it take to get the UKARA number?

The actual process takes less than 2 minutes once the forms and proof of age are in the appropriate person's hands.

Carrying a sidearm isn't necessary at all, I think we've all been to games where we've carried around a pistol that's never left the holster except to load when we go onto the field, then unload when we get back to the safezone. On the other hand, as of late, I've used mine a lot. BUT, I've always been more comfortable with pistols than rifles. If I'm in a CQB situation, I will almost always draw my pistol, unless I'm carrying a really compact SMG like an MP5K.

I remember someone once told me "the only reason you needed to buy a pistol is because you didn't buy enough mags in the first place".

For the record, I've always LOVED the 416 design.

Archived