Idiots attempt at fixing. Superglue

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all

Whilest out with my shotgun my mock barrel which has the sling mount came loose and intried fixing with superglue

Long story short the glue leaked and glued the pump action bit in place fuck my life.

Any idea on best way to unstick it or remove the glue from that area?

Thanks

Ps i know im an idiot🙄😂

get it really cold and then use brute force, hope the plastic is stronger than the glue.

Was gonna try unscrew the pump slider bit and easy it away hopefully. If not gonns try some alcohol wipes or asatone and hope for the best

Acetone but it will damage the plastic slightly.

You can get nail varnish removing pads that are great for this sort of thing.

Difficult as its behind the plastic and really unaccesible atm. Gonna try take it kn work and ease ot away first

Superglue de-bonder would be a good start.

Saturate the area, but be warned the adhesive may have warped the plastic if there is any thermo plastics in there.

Cyanoacrylate also breaks down in high temperatures so I'd go for a combination of the De-bonder first then pour boiling water into the area just be careful not to burn yourself or to damage anything else.

To be honest I doubt it will have bonded to its full strength because superglue is an anaerobic adhesive (Meaning it only fully cures when oxygen is not present). So you may be in luck and its simply jammed the action rather than fully adhered.

Sorry to be boring but I was a technical adviser for an adhesives & sealants company for 7 years so I pretty much know all there is in boring detail about adhesives, sealants and pretty much any kind of concrete admixtures lol

Fixed it had to strip the gun down. Wedge the alide apart with a lil force then file away the glue. Re lubed and greased and it seems to be working fine. Thank the lord.

Archived