Serious fogging issue

ElAshtonio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have a pair of reasonably expensive airsoft glasses and they just seem to constantly mist up. I mean, they start to mist up the second I put them on even though I haven't breathed onto them. I've tried putting saliva and washing up liquid on them but that has not helped at all. Are there any other methods I could use or should I just get some antimist spray?

Cheers.

• Supporters

Hi, I have a pair of reasonably expensive airsoft glasses and they just seem to constantly mist up. I mean, they start to mist up the second I put them on even though I haven't breathed onto them. I've tried putting saliva and washing up liquid on them but that has not helped at all. Are there any other methods I could use or should I just get some antimist spray?

Cheers.

Use a proper anti-fog solution instead of old wives tales. Cat crap, Abbey anti-fog etc. You don't say what else you have on your face; scarves, neoprene face masks etc will all contribute to your glasses fogging.

Use a proper anti-fog solution instead of old wives tales. Cat crap, Abbey anti-fog etc. You don't say what else you have on your face; scarves, neoprene face masks etc will all contribute to your glasses fogging.

If you use lower mesh none of the retail antifog solutions will work for more than hour or two if you're, personally I've not had any work for even 10 minutes.

ESS/Revision/Smith Optics etc all do really good lenses with antifog coatings for reasonable prices.

Until you read the manual after washing them - because how complicated could goggles be? :(

Though, to be fair, they did fog.

Archived