Barrel and Hop for P* Jack

SeniorSpaz87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello -

While I am not yet willing to divulge all the information about my latest (and unique) build, I need some advice from you HPA people out there. Obviously, this project is HPA powered. I was trying to decide on a barrel to get, but I have conflicting reports. I have been lead to believe that wide-bore barrels are best for HPA, and that the Orga barrels are the cream of that particular crop. However, I have also heard that the P* Jack has issues with widebores, as it is less powerful than a P* engine. Would you recommend the Orgas? Or is there a better brand? Or should I go with a standard tightbore? If so, which one?

Second - I plan to R-hop this project. Is this a good choice? I heard R-hops were about the best hop style you can get.

Price is not an issue. This is an end-all build: one of three guns being provided by my "sponsor". Apparently they believe I need to not just look good - I must have guns capable of the upper limits of airsoft. Who am I to complain? :D

• Supporters

Hello -

While I am not yet willing to divulge all the information about my latest (and unique) build, I need some advice from you HPA people out there. Obviously, this project is HPA powered. I was trying to decide on a barrel to get, but I have conflicting reports. I have been lead to believe that wide-bore barrels are best for HPA, and that the Orga barrels are the cream of that particular crop. However, I have also heard that the P* Jack has issues with widebores, as it is less powerful than a P* engine. Would you recommend the Orgas? Or is there a better brand? Or should I go with a standard tightbore? If so, which one?

Second - I plan to R-hop this project. Is this a good choice? I heard R-hops were about the best hop style you can get.

Price is not an issue. This is an end-all build: one of three guns being provided by my "sponsor". Apparently they believe I need to not just look good - I must have guns capable of the upper limits of airsoft. Who am I to complain? :D

I had an Orga in my Jack system, P* engine and SMP and I failed to see all the hype about it if I'm honest. I found a PDI 6.05 to be the best for all three systems. I believe now within the HPA world that the Pro-Win hop is one to avoid because they don't work all that well.

• Supporters

With HPA or in general?

generally the pro-win thing is with HPA. I had 3 pro-wins when i had various HPA weapons and they were absolute crap but i put the same setup into my G&P Sentry AEG and they seem to work greatly. I've since moved well away from HPA because it just seems to be more hassle than it's worth for me.

generally the pro-win thing is with HPA. I had 3 pro-wins when i had various HPA weapons and they were absolute crap but i put the same setup into my G&P Sentry AEG and they seem to work greatly. I've since moved well away from HPA because it just seems to be more hassle than it's worth for me.

If I had access to a compressor i'd go all in immediately. That hassle sucks. Especially since the paintball site 5 minute walk from me won't fill them.

• Supporters

If I had access to a compressor i'd go all in immediately. That hassle sucks. Especially since the paintball site 5 minute walk from me won't fill them.

I purchased a Scuba cylinder for my setup but that's a pain in the arse as well because you have to travel to get it filled + take it with you to fill your bottle etc. going to stay well away from HPA. I may in the future get another Tippmann M4 but that's a big maybe

• Supporters

My current set up is:

G&P M4 MOTS matching upper and lower

Polarstar V2 Gearbox Gen3 - running at 70PSI using red nozzle and red low flow poppet with lightening banjos, reg is a the redline SFR.

ProWin Hop up chamber

Modify Flat Hop rubber and flat bucking

Miracle Barrel 300mm 6.06mm

Using .25g G&G white BBs

I can get a very good range as far as 50m plus hitting a drain pipe wide target id say 7 out of 10 times, i could probably go further if i used heavier weights.

Without trying to be a dick, I have a new Lonex M4 hop unit for sale. It's much better than the prowin as it attaches into the gearbox shell (Problem with the prowin is that the airseal is crap and the rubber is held too far forward).

You still got the Scuba tank Qlimax?

• Supporters

Without trying to be a dick, I have a new Lonex M4 hop unit for sale. It's much better than the prowin as it attaches into the gearbox shell (Problem with the prowin is that the airseal is crap and the rubber is held too far forward).

I live in the U.S. ;)

• Supporters

I haven't really touched much internally - waiting for my custom parts to be finished first. So hop unit, barrel, and rubber need to be replaced. So current consensus is Lonex hop unit, Prommy 6.05 barrel, and what rubber? A few of my guys swear by the R (or maybe it's the ER? - never learned the difference) hop, but as my confusion makes evident, I don't know much about hops. I only started doing my own guns about 7 months ago, and while I've gone leagues already, hops are something I usually just buy and stick into a gun. Shiz, you have the flat hop, which I believe wears out a fair bit faster - is this true?

Archived