CYMA CM516 M4A1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Haven't been on here since last year so apologies if I enquired or posted something and didn't respond haven't been to a sight since last year, buying a house and all that blah blah. As I haven't done enough to get UKARA registered I'm looking at the CYMA Cm516 on patrol bases website with the two tone service. Does anyone know if this would stand up well at a woodland game !? I've been looking at a cheapish first rifle as all the games I've been to I've just hired and I want to start going regularly just wanted some opinions and advice as I still regard myself as a recruit at this, I have all my clothing,footwear,chest rig and the accessories just in need of a decent first rifle

i asked some friends for advice on cyma M4's when i was looking for my first gun . They all said stretch a bit more for a G&G combat machine if you can as they were much better quality.

I managed to buy a 2nd hand one from somebody on here for £117 all in including 3 mags, battery, charger and some rail covers.

So far i'm very happy with it. advertised as a plastic gun but there's a lot of metal to it

If you don't mind 2nd hand you could probably save yourself a lot of money.

i asked some friends for advice on cyma M4's when i was looking for my first gun . They all said stretch a bit more for a G&G combat machine if you can as they were much better quality.

I managed to buy a 2nd hand one from somebody on here for £117 all in including 3 mags, battery, charger and some rail covers.

So far i'm very happy with it. advertised as a plastic gun but there's a lot of metal to it

If you don't mind 2nd hand you could probably save yourself a lot of money.

Hi thanks for commenting, I would very much like a G&G but my budget says otherwise at the minute. I wouldn't mind at all a second hand aeg as long as it functions fully cause you tend to get good deals like you say extra mags and what not so I'll have to keep my eye out ! Thanks

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Whats your budget?

I'm just wondering because (if I remember correctly) Gunfire.pl offers a two tone service now and you'll be able to squeeze a tiny bit more out of your budget that way.

EDIT: For example. G&G CM16 is £112.77 at the moment, according to the £/ conversion.

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152209294-CM16-Carbine-Light-DST-Replica.html

I bought a CYMA CM515 from TWG last year. I have to say the range and accuracy out of the box was great and even had a lot of people commenting about what gun it was, only to be surprised it was a £65 gun.

Motor speed on full auto was good enough, but on semi it would lock the gear box after 3 rapid trigger pulls.

This is all stock with no re shimming ect.

If you can strech to a G&G i would, but if you cant i would say a CMYA would do well enough, but if you can get a friend who is tecky to do a re shim and grease it would serve you just as well as a G&G stock.

hope this helps

Hi thanks for commenting, I would very much like a G&G but my budget says otherwise at the minute. I wouldn't mind at all a second hand aeg as long as it functions fully cause you tend to get good deals like you say extra mags and what not so I'll have to keep my eye out ! Thanks

If you can stretch to one or hold on for one to come up on here or zero-in for a good price i don't think you'd regret it. as somebody above said the basic M4A1 combat machine isn't a great deal much more than the cyma's i have seen for sale online.

for the skirmishes ive done with it, it has performed with no issues at all.

Appreciate the comments guys, I'm gonna check the links you posted, what's the low down on ordering RIFs from outside the UK am I gonna get it or will it be seized ?

Thanks people very helpful indeed !

Well I was looking at about £100 I had one in the basket at patrol base but the missus wouldn't allow it so it's gonna have to be like £60-£65 now so it's looking like a saving up job for a decent new rifle !!!! :(

Archived