Airsoft Forums UK

First pistol UKARA registered

cunningham85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok guys I really cant decide what gun to get for my first one.

I mainly play indoors CQ so going for a pistol. I liked the look of WE M9 pistols (not a fan of the Glock). When I was in my local shop at the weekend they suggested going for something TM me being a noob had to look it up ha ha .

So now I feel like TM should be the way if I can afford it? Going by the pinned what gun thread up above?

My budget im capping myself at £200 for pistol and probably a couple of mags but I do have more cash if someone can find me anything worth getting.

Think my problem is I want full metal, gas blow back, black, M9 style, made by TM.

Any help would be appreciated as always.

• Supporters

I was very much in the same boat as you when i started Airsofting

Didnt want a Glock, wanted the M9 but in metal, since TM was all plastic it must be s**t right? Compared to a full metal gun, oh how wrong i was!

My first pistol was a WE M92FS Samurai Edge (Resident Evil) M9, loved it to bits but only for the looks, performance wise without having anything to compare it to i always still thought this should be better?

It could barely lift .25g BBs i could see the shot dropping after about 30 feet

The blow back felt pants unless you used the CO2 Mags

Using CO2 mags the accuracy was WAAAY off, shot going in every direction

Mags leaked frequently even with care.

Hop adjusting was a nightmare (small screw on top of inner barrel require almost full disassembly)

Very gas inefficient

On cooler (not cold) days the mags would vent after 6 quick shots

Irregular FPS at time

Slide wouldn't lock back after last shot was fired

Does not use TM standard parts

It didn't fit my real steel Blackhawk Serpa Holster

Eventually it broke, think a sear came loose or something but i was so pissed with it i couldn't have cared less and gave it to a friend for free, thats how bad it was. As for the fitting in to a real steel Blackhawk Holster, its not the fault of WE, the Resident Evil M9 has the Brigadier Slide (as it does in the game) and this slide is fatter than the standard M9. Blackhawk themselves state that M9s with the Brigadier slide wont fit their Serpa holsters.

Went out and bought a TM M92FS and a couple of mags and straight away notice a few things

The hop up could lift .25g BBs

The Hop up was amazeballs, i was ranging AEGs accurately

Hop Up adjustment was easier

Blowback action was harder hitting and crisper

Even on cold days the mags wont vent

Gas Efficient

Very stable FPS

Slide locks back properly

Engaging safety decocks the hammer like on a Real steel M9

Fitted my real steel Blackhawk Serpa holster perfectly

Thats not to say its all rosy though:

Sometimes the mags do leak, last time this happened to me it was because i left them overnight fully degassed only 2 of my 4 mags had leaking issues which were fixed.

The safety does not always decock the hammer, but only if you engage safety on the left side of the gun, it i do it on the right side it always will

Yes it feels a lot lighter than a metal version of the M9.

Now i know the above sounds a bit fan boyish for TM but trust me the above came through experience having owned an M9 from both WE and TM i can with full 100% conviction state that TM is by far and a way better, forget the fact its made of plastic, it does not bother me and it wont bother you. I would recommend you get the TM M9 and leave it stock, dont bother getting aftermarket parts for it or you might break what didn't need to be fixed.

If you MUST have a metal M9 then i suggest you look at the KSC M9, it is about £50 more expensive than the TM and needs to be treated more kindly as KSC stuff is normally a bit more collectable than skirmishable.

Shizbazki thanks for your feedback and it very much does sound like you were in the same kind of situation as I was. Are gas mags preffered over gas cylinders?

If anyone else has any feedback I would love to hear it

If you mean CO2 cylinders then some sites don't allow them as the first couple of shots can be hot. You can't use CO2 mags in TM pistols. It would destroy the pistol.

My first pistol was the cz75, I wanted something different after most of my squad got glocks.

It's the sp01 shadow made by ASG. Really pretty to look at and it shoots really well.

Hop does require a strip down but it can be done tool free and I've found that once it's set I don't have to adjust it (using .25g)

FPS is pretty consistent at 280-285 and the mags seem pretty efficient with about 2 1/2 to 3 reloads to one gas charge.

Full metal with a bit of silver bling, and the red fibre iron sight - it's a dream to use.

Just my 2p.

SS.

If you mean CO2 cylinders then some sites don't allow them as the first couple of shots can be hot. You can't use CO2 mags in TM pistols. It would destroy the pistol.

WE C02 GBB pistol mags all come in sub 330 regardless, tested them all over the summer when I was picking another CO2 pistol for the hell of it :P

• Supporters

Dont use CO2 in TM guns period or they will break, TM recommend you dont even use Green Gas, the say you should use HFC gas but TBH in the UK it gets no where near as hot as other place so Green Gas is fairly safe.

And yes WE pistols loaded with CO2 do come in under Chrono but i found that the accuracy suffered badly, dunno why though.

• Supporters

If you want a skirmishable gun that you can rely on to go 'pop' (not bang!) every time you pull it out of the holster get a TM.

If you want 'full metal omg!' and aren't massively interested in actually being able to use it, get a WE.

You have to bear in mind that the boiling of gas as a propellant isn't exactly a 'high energy' system. Moving a 100g plastic slide and resetting a well put together hammer assembly doesn't take much energy. Moving a 280g metal slide and resetting a hammer assembly made from whatever leftover metal WE have in their factory will take a LOT more energy and a WE magazine doesn't hold any more gas than a TM one.

TM's are plastic but they are good and the internals are what you're paying for.

Plastic is usually a turn off but it is done well with TM compared to some other brands.

I have a WE P226 and I love it, however I've seen it in action right next to a TM MK23 and when you put the two side by side, there's no contest - the MK23 wins hands down, and will be my next purchase.

Everyone wants a full metal blow back pistol. Then once they have it, they want an MK23.

AshOnSnow are you talking about the Socom variant? So for pistols run them on gas and best to go for plastic body like the TM BUT for rifles its best to go for battery operated and metal construction is fine?

• Supporters

With an electric gun it doesn't really matter what it's made of, since the energy source is a battery and (normally) the only thing it needs to move is a motor which turns some gears. If gas guns could hold a LOT more gas then the materials they're made of would be largely irrelevant too, sadly they can't.

As an owner of a WE M92 and a TM M&P9 I'd say the TM is the better gun by far. My WE shoots fine with .2g bbs and has a decent blowback action and a nice metallic klinck as you rack the slide but as been said the hop-up adjustment is a PITA. It's also heavy so will pull down in your holster. This may be what you want as it's a more realistic weight. The TM fills too light until you put the mag in. Only then does it feel like it has any substance. Blowback action is also ok. It's quicker and crisper.

The WE is made of pot metal and painted which chips and wears. Again this may give it the worn in look which may be ok. The TM being made of (metal looking) plastic does not chip but it does pick up scratches and nicks easier which are visible close up but less so from a distance.

I don't know if you've held the M92 yet but it's quite a big gun to hold. It you have small hands it may be a factor.

My WE mags seem to have better fill valves than my TM mag. When my TM mag is full it leaks but this doesn't happen with the WE mags. I think it's something to do with a double seal in the valve or something.

As an owner of a WE M92 and a TM M&P9 I'd say the TM is the better gun by far. My WE shoots fine with .2g bbs and has a decent blowback action and a nice metallic klinck as you rack the slide but as been said the hop-up adjustment is a PITA. It's also heavy so will pull down in your holster. This may be what you want as it's a more realistic weight. The TM fills too light until you put the mag in. Only then does it feel like it has any substance. Blowback action is also ok. It's quicker and crisper.

The WE is made of pot metal and painted which chips and wears. Again this may give it the worn in look which may be ok. The TM being made of (metal looking) plastic does not chip but it does pick up scratches and nicks easier which are visible close up but less so from a distance.

I don't know if you've held the M92 yet but it's quite a big gun to hold. It you have small hands it may be a factor.

My WE mags seem to have better fill valves than my TM mag. When my TM mag is full it leaks but this doesn't happen with the WE mags. I think it's something to do with a double seal in the valve or something.

So, TM Pistols are practical, is this what you're saying.

• Supporters

As an owner of a WE M92 and a TM M&P9 I'd say the TM is the better gun by far.

Yep M&P9 for the win. The new version TM pistols are so much better on the recoil with the 15mm cylinder that you don't need a metal slide for the feel.

I love my M&P9 so much I want to legally adopt it as my third child. Stock trigger is sh*te though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived