Advice for first AEG

ste_woo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I'm new to Airsoft and I'm looking at buying my first AEG rifle once I've played a few more skirmishes in the next month or two.

I've been doing a fair bit of research for rifles in my price range but as I'm inexperienced I'm not 100% sure whether rifles I have on my short list are good quality or not. I've got my eyes on a Nuprol Delta M4 Pioneer Defender (http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-c38/electric-rifles-c45/nuprol-delta-m4-pioneer-defender-tan-pre-order-p5776) which I like the look of, however after researching I hear the likes of G&G and Tokyo Marui mentioned a lot but not Nuprol.

So my question really is whether there is much difference between the brands in terms of quality and performance, and whether the Nuprol Delta M4 Pioneer Defender seems like a good first rilfe?

• Supporters

Nuprol is a rebranding company. Until now they have rebranded the lowest quality Chinese stuff, I don't think they have changed that policy. Their RIFs are very new to the market, coming into the UK in the last 2-3 weeks as far as I know. We don't know how they are.

Cheers for the reply. So for a max price of £140 what are some of the brands and rifles I should be leaning towards?

Is that max price, or a max price for the gun + battery&charger/spare magazines. For a first gun i would say G&G, but they're not necessarily the best in that price range for your 2nd gun if that makes sense.

Is that max price, or a max price for the gun + battery&charger/spare magazines. For a first gun i would say G&G, but they're not necessarily the best in that price range for your 2nd gun if that makes sense.

If purely for the gun, various people reccomend the firehawk? Or cm16?

Any G&G gun is a pretty decent starter, the 30th anniversary edition is quite nice and comes in at £150 plus postage.
The FireHawk is also decent but very loud - so make sure that's what you want from your gun before you buy it ;)

I'm thinking about £140 just for the gun then I will price up any extras I need.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try and stick with a well known brand for my first rifle until I get a bit more experience with different ones. I'll take a look at the suggestions, cheers guys.

G&G combat machine for me everytime. Yes they are advertised as plastic but there are so many components in them that are metal you wouldn't beleive. Even the plastic parts are very solid. Go and have a look at one if you can.

Been having a look at the CM16 Raider and have a quick question about the differences between the 'CM16 Raider' and the 'CM16 Raider L'.

I can tell the L version is longer but is that just the external barrel that provides the extra length? Does this provide accuracy benefits or is it just aesthetic?

The Longer version simply has a longer barrel.

The main advantage to a longer barrel is that it is easier to build up a higher power level with less stress on the gearbox (to a point).

There can be minor consistency improvements at range with longer barrels but bore quality is the real key factor there.
You won't really see much (if any) difference with the aluminium barrels the CM16 series come with.

It's still an excellent starter gun and gets my recommendation :)

Archived