Tokyo marui g18c

Airsoft123?
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Hands down one of the best airsoft pistols money can buy. The reliability of the TM G17 with a fun switch - the only thing to look out for is the front post breaking after around 10k shots if you use full auto and green gas a lot, but this can be remedied with a Guarder Nylon frame. Highly customisable with Guarder making a lot of weird and wonderful slides for them, and a large following online with quite accessible spares and replacements.

Uses standard TM or WE Glock magazines so very easy to get hold of, and has an insane rate of fire on auto for a pistol - around 20-30rps (depending on gas/recoil spring etc.). Mostly used in semi though, but worth the extra £30 just for that capability to dump a magazine in around a second.

You should absolutely buy one - I know I've bought 3 now over the years. I think the only reason we don't see more is they're less available these days as TM seem to only do limited runs. Also the G17 competes more directly with the WE offerings in the UK, whereas the G18C is kinda seen as being a bit pricey. Additionally, some people are turned off by a plastic slide but I won't be the only one to tell you that with a TM it really doesn't matter. Again, if you have about an £150 spare you can get it reliably shooting with a 7075 aluminium slide, 150% recoil spring and Nylon frame so there's that too.

Hands down one of the best airsoft pistols money can buy. The reliability of the TM G17 with a fun switch - the only thing to look out for is the front post breaking after around 10k shots if you use full auto and green gas a lot, but this can be remedied with a Guarder Nylon frame. Highly customisable with Guarder making a lot of weird and wonderful slides for them, and a large following online with quite accessible spares and replacements.

Uses standard TM or WE Glock magazines so very easy to get hold of, and has an insane rate of fire on auto for a pistol - around 20-30rps (depending on gas/recoil spring etc.). Mostly used in semi though, but worth the extra £30 just for that capability to dump a magazine in round a second.

You should absolutely buy one. I know I've bought 3 now over the years. I think the only reason we don't see more is they're less available these days as TM seem to only do limited runs. Also the G17 competes more directly with the WE offerings in the UK, whereas the G18C is kinda seen as being a bit pricey. Also some people are turned off by a plastic slide, but I won't be the only one to tell you that with a TM it really doesn't matter. Again, if you have about £150 spare you can get it reliably shooting with a 7075 aluminium slide, recoil spring and Nylon frame so there's that too.

Thanks!

I will most likely be picking one up for my next milsim ;)

So what upgrades do you reccomend on it? (So far you said the 7075 aluminium slide,nylon frame)..

The TM G18c GBB Pistol is an excellent gun, as has already been said.

There are plenty of upgrades available for it, from a wide variety of brands.

Did you have any sort of performance increases in mind that you'd like to see from your upgrades?

The TM G18c GBB Pistol is an excellent gun, as has already been said.

There are plenty of upgrades available for it, from a wide variety of brands.

Did you have any sort of performance increases in mind that you'd like to see from your upgrades?

Yes I do, mainly just a higher fps and better accuracy/range..

You need to run it on NUPROL Black 4.0 gas that would increase range, if you fit a 6.01mm barrel it'll help your full auto shot-shot accuracy too, don't forget to use heavy weight NUPROL BBs too as they will resist leaving the barrel longer building up pressure behind each shot, preferably tested on full auto on a really hot summers day after soaking the BBs overnight in water to wash the residue off them.

• Supporters

You need to run it on NUPROL Black 4.0 gas that would increase range, if you fit a 6.01mm barrel it'll help your full auto shot-shot accuracy too, don't forget to use heavy weight NUPROL BBs too as they will resist leaving the barrel longer building up pressure behind each shot, preferably tested on full auto on a really hot summers day after soaking the BBs overnight in water to wash the residue off them.

Sage advice if ever I heard it.

Using heavier ammo will take advantage of something called Joule Creep, which will give you a higher power output as the BB stays in the barrel longer which allows more energy to be imparted.

I can't say I'd recommend 'Nuprol' ammo personally, I've never found it to be as good as the likes of G&G, TM or Airsoft Surgeon.
Running 0.28 or 0.3g G&G ammo through a TM G18c gives some tasty range and accuracy.

Is there a particular reason you're looking for more range and power from what is usually used as a sidearm?
I'm not trying to dissuade you, merely pointing out that they aren't usually used at long range.

TM Glocks (and all TM guns now) have really excellent barrels and hop rubbers, so those are the last things I'd touch in the order of upgrades.
Most folks usually want to increase trigger response, which is primarily done by making the slide assembly lighter.

I did wonder.

I run into enough people who think Nuprol make (rebrand) decent stuff that it's hard to tell now.

I wasn't aware that making fun of people was what this forum was all about.
I could try to do that a bit more but I usually prefer just to help people ;)

• Supporters

I did wonder.

I run into enough people who think Nuprol make (rebrand) decent stuff that it's hard to tell now.

I wasn't aware that making fun of people was what this forum was all about.

I could try to do that a bit more but I usually prefer just to help people ;)

This forum is mainly about helping people out but there is some light hearted banter usually going on as well.

It's a great forum for people who dont take themselves too seriously.

Anyway I thought being MR KingdomOfAirsoft your way of helping people revolved around making the almighty dollar? 😉

Haha, yeah it's hard to tell I suppose - I'm still a newbie here :P

My philosophy has always been to help folks first and if they want to send stuff to me, that's fine too.
That's why I have DIY guides on YouTube and the website.
It always angered me that my early days on the forums were mostly trying to squeeze 'secret' information out of techs who thought that sharing was beneath them.

You'd be surprised at just how little money I make.
My prices aren't the cheapest but my take-home is not very much at all.
If I were in this for the profit, I wouldn't be running a tech shop - I'd be running a Retail shop :)

Archived