Glasses vs Goggles vs Masks [POLL]

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Glasses / Goggles / Masks  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Glasses / Goggles / Masks

• Glasses
    • Goggles
    • Masks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be mesh goggles for me as I sweat too damn much so normal glasses are no good, also have a lower half face mask which covers my ears etc.

• 5 months later...

As another member of the sweaty Betty club. I have been desperately searching for some new eye pro as my revision bullet ants finally gave out yesterday (rubber around the seals split). 

I was looking at the ess ice glasses. Has anyone tried them and have an opinion. 

Another thought occurred to me regarding the issue of sweat.

I used to play American football and under the helmet a lot of the guys would wear a light weight beanie much like the stuff base layers were made from. This was to help wick away the sweat produced. 

Im not sure if this or even a sweatband would be a viable option with the upcoming summer. 

As another unrealisticly moist man on the field, i got convinced to buy a  Dye I4 by my ex paintballer mate who i turned from the dark side to airsoft.

Used it yesterday, and it was like i wasn't wearing anything, no issues all day, just smashed it, i was properly blown away by how excellent it was. And this is with no other antifog product, just the natural lens in the i4.

I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who has issues with fog/moist/drippy goggles. Its well worth the money.

6 hours ago, Kash said:

As another unrealisticly moist man on the field, i got convinced to buy a  Dye I4 by my ex paintballer mate who i turned from the dark side to airsoft.

Used it yesterday, and it was like i wasn't wearing anything, no issues all day, just smashed it, i was properly blown away by how excellent it was. And this is with no other antifog product, just the natural lens in the i4.

I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who has issues with fog/moist/drippy goggles. Its well worth the money.

reading some reviews about the the Dye I4, it seems to be good, I'm tempted to try

Really light and comfortable,

I was also suprised how good the ventilation around the mouth is, think thats part of the reason why theyre practically immune to fog.

Well worth the money everyone else i play with swears by them too.

• Moderators

thats good to know, im just cautious about spending more money for it to fail on me!, we all work differently haha!....

i will though keep an eye out for deals incase i see a good bargain.

Is it easy to wear with any other head wear?

A friend of mine has just ordered the dyei4 mask I believe. 

They seem good, but he was a bit paranoid about the BB splitting the lens, so he has ordered another lens and will test it close/mid range before he takes to a field

I use a half face mask and clear goggles, my fix for the fogging goggle epidemic is to use windex or something similar to it and it stops fog appearing at all.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Robert James said:

They seem good, but he was a bit paranoid about the BB splitting the lens, so he has ordered another lens and will test it close/mid range before he takes to a field

It wont split your friend is being paranoid.

• Head Moderator
45 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I have a Dye i4 mask and have never had, or heard of, any issues with the lens cracking.  I have taken multiple shots, including full auto, to the lens at very close range.  You definately know that you have been hit, but no problem.   He is best buying a second lens so that he has two different ones, i.e one clear and one tinted for indoor/low light and ourdoor use.

I used to paintball a few years ago on the tourney scene. Trust me the lenses in the masks won't break. I have seen people test them with frozen paintballs and some very thick shelled paintballs as well as airsoft guns. 

I personally wouldn't wear a paintball mask for airsoft unless it was full on cqb. But that's just a personal preference thing.

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

I used to paintball a few years ago on the tourney scene. Trust me the lenses in the masks won't break. I have seen people test them with frozen paintballs and some very thick shelled paintballs as well as airsoft guns. 

I personally wouldn't wear a paintball mask for airsoft unless it was full on cqb. But that's just a personal preference thing.

What would you use?

I'm leaning towards some ess ice. 

I used the ess advancers 3 years ago and for the last 18 months the revision bullet ants. Now my bullet ants are kaput, I'm thinking of the ice glasses. 

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

I'm leaning towards some ess ice. 

I used the ess advancers 3 years ago and for the last 18 months the revision bullet ants. Now my bullet ants are kaput, I'm thinking of the ice glasses. 

the advancers can have the lenses a bit further than the frame giving a gap for air to flow, that seems interesting.

I used last weekend one simular to ess ice, got completely just after 2-3 runs, could have been sweat dripping from my forehead for example, but it was impossible to keep going

I'm wondering if using some sort of sweatband or wick away material would help to prevent the sweat dripping and making fogging worse. 

Im not talking the classic 80s style tennis player ones, but something to help alleviate the problem in general

Yeah, that makes sense, I'll try next time a headband to see if it sucks up some of the sweat

I'm leaning towards the dye i4 or i5 as I want full face protection. I heard about people losing their teeth when hit, sometimes even with mouth shut so it is cheaper to get a mask then having to go on forced holiday to Romania to get my teeth fixed cheaper.

One of the marshalls at my site has lost 3 teeth this year, bet his dentist loves him.

Helmets generally dont quite sit right out the box on an I4, but its real easy to chop a bit of the interior foam out the top of the helmet to make it sit properly

• Moderators
12 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

I'm wondering if using some sort of sweatband or wick away material would help to prevent the sweat dripping and making fogging worse. 

Im not talking the classic 80s style tennis player ones, but something to help alleviate the problem in general

i tried one i found at home, not sure why i had it, anyway, could then not wear the fast helmet as to tight! haha. was the thicker material type, similar i think to the old 80's ones haha :), maybe a thinner one ,similar to Nike dry fit stuff may help, but what may work for one may not work for another.....keep us posted :) 

• Moderators

by FMA?

like these

or these

I have the above (fan on top) but have not used them in a game.....

Archived