KRYTAC LVOA VS TOKYO MARUI M4 SOPMOD

Airsoft123?
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Generally you'll not find someone who isn't biased when it comes to this topic, both are mid-high end guns so you get fanboys from both sides who would not buy the other as they love their choice.

I love the Krytac's I own, out the box they were the most accurate and had the best range of anything I'd previously fired with the same fps. I've never fired the new TM AEGs.

I have tried improving my Krytac with various "upgrades" including a PDI barrel and found no improvement over stock. The only improvement I have had was upgrading the spring and motor.... which you apparently can't do to the TM without upgrading the internals of the gearbox as it can't handle it out the box. The Krytac is designed to be able to handle an M150 spring, I have briefly run my Krytac PDW as an experiment on an M160 putting out 475fps and with no other mods except the motor and spring it had better range and was more accurate than my TM VSR G-Spec which has been fully upgraded (was to prove that barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy).

• Supporters

It's a myth that TM guns can't handle bigger springs and motors without upgrades. A myth started and perpetuated by retailers that do 'upgrades' to them!

Neither gun is 'better', though I would argue that the TM has more features; stops firing when the magazine is empty, 'recoil', the best AEG hop up unit ever made.

• Supporters

It's a myth that TM guns can't handle bigger springs and motors without upgrades. A myth started and perpetuated by retailers that do 'upgrades' to them!

Neither gun is 'better', though I would argue that the TM has more features; stops firing when the magazine is empty, 'recoil', the best AEG hop up unit ever made.

Krytac hop is just as good if not better.

Recoil is next to pointless because its very weak.

The realistic bolt system is very nice.

The upgrade issue a bit hit and miss lots of them have been upgraded with no issues but then quite a few have had gears go, but the same can be said of a lot of manufactures.

Mags for the TM are more expensive.

Looked at a the new Mk2 Krytac properly the weekend and was underwhelmed though so if it was my money I would go TM as it has a bigger smile factor.

The first krytac was a game changer the second is a slight clothes change and a marketing ploy in my opinion. Its nice but not what it should of been.

• Supporters

TM, feed them BBs and batteries and they'll run without maintenance or problems for years and years.

Accuracy and range is excellent stock, bolt stop on empty magazine is a great feature and the recoil weight slamming back and forth sounds awesome.

As an owner of both, they are both good. But it does depend on what you're after....

If you just want a standard AEG with good performance, get the Krytac (get a 30k motor version though). For the price they are great and will last, plus they take standard v2 parts. Come pre shimmed/AOE corrected, mosfet etc. I can't stress this enough though, make sure you get the 30k motor version, otherwise you may as well just buy a stock M4 and spend the money on upgrades. Krytacs 20k is meh.

If you want a little bit more "fun" then the TM performs great, sounds good, has the EBB and the auto cut off after the last round which is good. However they take different parts and to Triggers point some upgrade well and shoot amazingly, others can be hit or miss. TM's run for ages and peform well if untouched, but can be funny about upgrades. Also there's the additional cost of mags which you won't have with the Krytac.

Performance wise, There's little between them in all honesty, you'll hardly notice the different in FPS/range when actually playing. I personally prefer the TM's because of the EBB and mag cut off, also as a brand I've had less issues with them over others. But I still own Krytacs and suggest them as they're great.

I'm sure a few people will disagree with me, but I have owned/still own in some cases many guns from many brands and remain unbiased as any gun can be great depending on what you're after.

Thank you very much for your comment on your previous point.

I am counting on getting either the krytac lvoa or the tm sopmod. Once I get the one chosen I will take it to a shop to upgrade it. All I want is a well performing aeg.

Acknowledging this which one would you get and why?

And which one is more reliable

I am counting on getting either the krytac lvoa or the tm sopmod. Once I get the one chosen I will take it to a shop to upgrade it. All I want is a well performing aeg.

If you want a well performing gun, buy another G&G CM16.

Also this:

Appearance is easily half the choice for most people as almost any gun can be made to shoot pretty well with the correct replacement parts.

Get whichever gun you think has the best appearance and ergonomics.

• Supporters

You don't need to upgrade either gun both will perform well out the box.

Buy whichever one you like the most as performance wise there isn't much in it.

You seem to have missed the main point.........

You won't need to upgrade either a TM or Krytac, they are both great performing guns as they are. Unless you're going for a high ROF, instant trigger response, or some other high end build, these guns are very good.

The only time you'd really upgrade the TM:

If you want a better ROF (stock is fine as is), new motor, gears etc.

Better trigger response (again, already good), BTC spectre fet if you can find one

Something breaks (unlikely if used and maintained)

Range and accuracy (any gun you ever buy you could do this too, whether it’s a £1000 gun or £100)

Increase Recoil (again, this is purely for fun factor)

For the Krytac it's the same, except the trigger response is already good as it has an inbuilt mosfet. However you could still do all the other upgrades as the TM. You'll spend less on the Krytac and it will have a mosfet, but you won't have recoil or the empty mag function. For the TM, you'll have the recoil, empty mag cut off, but you won't have a mosfet and it'll cost you more.

Both guns are made by good companies, TM has been around for a long time and have a great track record and Krytac are a division of a firm who make real weapons.......... So either is good, just depends on what you want.

Sad fact of airsoft is, you can spend a ton of money of guns and upgrades, but still be constantly beaten by others players with cheaper guns as they may just be better players.

TL:DR

Both companies are good

both guns have benefits

Upgrades don't make the game better or you.

Wow thanks guys ;)

So what would you say are some essential upgrades I should put on the krytac?

M150 spring will work?

There are no essential upgrades!!!! Which is the whole point everyone is trying to convey lol

If you buy a TM/Krytac, you won't need to upgrade them.

The only possible thing worth considering on either gun is an EdGi barrel and Rhop/Sugru, that will give a give a small but noticeable gain to range and accuracy, if everything else in the gun is good from a consistency/air seal point of view. However TM/Krytac barrels/hops are good anyway, so it would be a pointless investment in anything other than a DMR.

Internals will wear our faster with a higher spring and that spring would likely take the gun over 450, deeming it unusable at most UK sites.

If you're set on "upgrading" anything you buy, then get yourself a cheap clone such as JG/CYMS, then spend the rest of the budget on upgrades.

• Supporters

Wow thanks guys ;)

So what would you say are some essential upgrades I should put on the krytac?

M150 spring will work?

Nothing and an m150 will make it to hot for any UK site. Buy it and just put accessories on the outside and leave the gun itself alone.

Most guns are best just left stock don't fall into the need to upgrade trap as most so called upgraded guns I see are no better than they were before and a lot of times they are worse.

As stated by all above: YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO A KRYTAC, they are very good out the box. I have heard that some folk have had them delivered running low fps (below 300) so they needed a stronger spring to get closer to the 330fps for CQB or 350 for woodland. My PDW was pretty much cock-on 350fps once the spring had settled and the hop dialled in for the weight of BB I run and I have tried various barrels and hop configurations and nothing was noticeably any better than stock. So if you buy a Krytac, leave it alone internally.

7.4v LiPo.

This one will fit in the buffertube:
http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html

I run deans connectors though so with the mini tamiya it might be a bit tight.

This one will fit in the stocktubes:
http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1450mah-25c-continuous-discharge-cranestock-lipo-battery.html

If it is your main gun then I suggest buying 2 and swapping them at lunchtime as LiPos don't like being run flat.

Archived