BEST ALL-ROUND AEG GUN

Airsoft123?
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been into airsoft for 5 years, and go to skirmishes often. After some time with the g&g cm16 (I upgraded the internals) I have been looking to find another aeg.

Requirements:decent range, 320-360fps, can take 9.6 minimum and does not need much internal upgrades.

I am willing to spend over £500..

I am thinking about getting a krytac, what do you think?

What is your recommendation?

I have been into airsoft for 5 years, and go to skirmishes often. After some time with the g&g cm16 (I upgraded the internals) I have been looking to find another aeg.

Requirements:decent range, 320-360fps, can take 9.6 minimum and does not need much internal upgrades.

I am willing to spend over £500..

I am thinking about getting a krytac, what do you think?

What is your recommendation?

Awww man, and I was just going to suggest a Tokyo Marui recoil.

Have you considered HPA?

No im not into HPA bro

Standard question for peeps with high budgets. :)

Most airsoft guns are a rip off sadly. When you compare what the upmarket brands offer compared with the cheapocheapo ones it's bizarre how bad the diminishing returns are.

Couldnt agree more. Dont have much experience with very high end guns just shot a few down the range with some buddies.

I honestly dont mind what price it is but I am looking to step up my gear level. Do you have any recommendations?

• Supporters

Krytac

Tm Recoil

Real sword

Scorpion Evo

PTS ERG RM4

As for higher cost being diminishing returns, that is sometimes true but what you generally get is better quality materials that are put together better.

While someone with no technical expertise

or real experience might not always spot the difference to a trained eye the tells are all there.

me liking the post was liking the choice, a choice which is ultimately down to you as it is your money, the Krytac guns are amazing, I have 2 of them.

Best thing for your to do is to pop into a shop and handle each one of the guns to get a feel for thrm and make your judgement from there imo

Systema PTW if you want the best.

you must really dislike the op ;)

It might be a good idea to choose the style of rifle you want first, then to look into options. Sometimes the best designed isn't the best in application, or to your preferences.

• Root Admin

Appearance is easily half the choice for most people as almost any gun can be made to shoot pretty well with the correct replacement parts. Krytacs are excellent for most people, but TM make some interesting designs no one else does. As already mentioned, Systema PTWs shoot the best out of the box but even they don't actually perform as well (if we're looking at something like RoF) as electric solenoid HPA, for example. Then you have stuff like recoil, which is mostly a gimmick on the majority of AEGs, but I know in my case was something I specifically wanted from GBBRs and HPA.

It's all very subjective, and I don't think you'll find the real answer in a thread like this frankly.

I guess purely off the OP though: Krytac or Tokyo Marui. PTW if you can stomach the cost.

Just throw my 20p in. I was in your situation couldnt decide last week. Went in the shop. Fired a few rounds through each. I found i prefered the scorpion evo to the other options.

• Root Admin

Exactly: Get your hands on one before you buy it for sure. Larger shops have ranges for this reason, but you can also ask around at your next game if you see something you like. The weight and shape of a gun can matter a lot.

Also one thing people don't consider - check what kind of a cheek weld you can get if you wear face protection. If you play at places like The Mall a lot then then that's certainly a thing you'll want to factor in as I imagine you wear full face or lower face protection/mesh.

Everyone has their preference so itll be down to what you feel comfortible with and what tickles your pickle really. They all have pros and cons

Archived