Shop help

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A local shop has an array of ARES, Krytac, G&G, CYMA and ASG RIFs.

After popping in to pick up new eye protection after I've misplaced mines, I was looking at displays.

Got talking to one of the guys who worked in there who I've spoken to a good few times, and they let me handle a number of the displays and see what I fancied.

I explained I don't have my UKARA yet and I know hot to go about getting it etc and he spoke a bit more on it.

However, he told me that if I'm purchasing out of the shop after gaining UKARA registered, that they'd be willing to add in a few goodies such as 2 batteries, charger, a couple of mid caps, speed loader sling & BB's if I'm buying any G&G.

(£180 for all if buying a CM16, £210 if CM18).

Seemed to avoid Krytac which I found weird as I've seen several posts on here saying Combat Machine or Krytac for your first gun depending on money, and the fact they are taking pre orders for new Krytac (Thought they'd be trying to push out their old stock".

Just not all sure if it sounds too good or maybe they're only being helpful as I'm just a complete amateur when it comes to all things airsoft at the moment!

• Supporters

Most likely they get a better margin on the G&G which allows the wiggle room to do deals.

I doubt they're being helpful.

It could be that they are trying to get rid of some slow moving stock or there is some other motive that you will never be aware of.

Really depends on the quality of the items , some shops are selling cm16s under £130 so that means they are charging you over £50 for the rest of it, if the batteries and charger are decent brands then I'd say it isn't a bad deal but it's not a great one either. Speed loaders and slings can be picked up for not much cash. If your not ready to buy yet anyway just price the items up online and see what you can get for the same cash.

I've owned a combat machine before and I moved onto a Krytac CRB - I can't recommend them highly enough if you can afford it!

Keep in mind though there's a Mk2 version coming out soon, not too clued up on the internal changes but you'd imagine they've made improvements.

**Edit** - combat machines are great for the money too btw!

Mk2 is now out, only changes are external on the Trident range, they also have the Alpha range (I think that is what they are called) which have lower quality components fitted so may not be as good.

Mk2 is now out, only changes are external on the Trident range, they also have the Alpha range (I think that is what they are called) which have lower quality components fitted so may not be as good.

Oh cool that's good to know thanks dude, I'm glad I'm not outgunned by newer versions!

Archived